Author Topic: In my day...  (Read 17186 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
In my day...
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:19:30 am »
This is where we try to trump each other with stories of the hardships we experienced when we were only yay high.

In my day I had to walk 5 miles to school every day at six am through 3 ft of snow with nothing for breakfast but a cold potato.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

Re: In my day...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:23:44 am »
ah monty python

okay In my day I had to get up at four work 3 hours i t'pit for thrupence then I had to walk seven hours to school through 3 foot of snow and a blizzard at -12 Degrees and The we had to bring our own lunch

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 11:18:38 am »
well I just remembered that when I got to school i had to work in the school's acid distillary for 18 hours a day for tuppence every fortnight, stirring vats with my bare hands. Then I had to walk uphill 20 miles back home at -12 degrees farenheit. When I got home (back to the orphanage) I had to scrub every tile in the bathroom with a dish-brush and when I was finished i had to drink a glass of castor oil and went to sleep at 3am on mattress full of lice.

werechicken

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:12:38 pm »
I used to dream of a matress full of lice in an orphanage
When I was a littl'un me parents sold me to white slavers, and I had to carry pots of boiling sulphur from t'factory, to the school for their acid factory, in me bare hands through seven foot of snow at -12 of absolute zero, and if I spilt a drop they'd thrash me across the eyes, at the end of the day i would have to sleep on a plank with nails in it on the roof, in the middle of winter, and I where grateful

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:34:44 pm »
When I was your age, not only did I have to carry pots of boiling sulfur from the factory to the acid factory with my bare hands through seven feet of snow at 12 degrees Kelvin, with the threat of an eye-thrashing if I spilled a drop, until going to sleep on the roof on a plank with nails on it in the middle of the winter, but they charged me for the privilege!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 12:59:42 pm »
A plank with nails in! Luxury! I used to sleep on a pile of broken glass and used syringes. I had to carry leaking vats of boiling Hydrochloric acid through 12ft of snow at -12 kelvin (it were possible in them days, before global warming) and if i spilled a drop they cut of my head with a rusty bayonet and put salt on the wound.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 01:05:04 pm »
Salt on your wound? What happened to the work ethic? When we let any of our fluoroantimonic acid evaporate, they would hang us with barbed wire and then rub smallpox on our necks!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

werechicken

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 01:11:20 pm »
ha you don't know what work is
We had to carry uranium in our teeth while transporting anthrax in our colon and holding a red hot pot of molton boron, and if we spilt a drop or became ill they'd kill us and then sell our bodies for medical experimentation, and that was if they where going easy on you, and at night they nailed us to a wall coated in rusty spikes, and on every second day they'd kill us anyway to set an example

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
  • GUNDAMS RULLLLLLLLLLE, also Modaraters scare me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 01:12:06 pm »
Hah in my day I had to get up early, eat a piece of bread, go to school, stay five hours after school got out, do homework and chores, eat a small dinner, watch 2 seconds of tv, play 1 milla second with my toys then go to bed
GUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMS

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 01:50:07 pm »
well in my day we woke up to find Chuck Norris killing our family and we would have to put him back in the closet and go to school in -1100 wheather and if we even blinked we were killed by our teacher!and if we got home Chuck Norris whould kill us!

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 01:55:40 pm »
well in my day we woke up to find Chuck Norris killing our family and we would have to put him back in the closet and go to school in -1100 wheather and if we even blinked we were killed by our teacher!and if we got home Chuck Norris whould kill us!
1.Chuck Norris dose not live with you2.yah right :P

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 01:56:50 pm »
how do you know 8)

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 02:01:21 pm »
cause it's impossible

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 02:02:20 pm »
1.Chuck Norris dose not live with you2.yah right :P

You should probably read the first post of this thread. It explains what this thread is, like most forum games should do.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

werechicken

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 02:12:11 pm »
eee in my day if we went of topic the moderators would remove our organs, sell them on the black market and charge us for the cost of the surgical equipment