Author Topic: Resources/Materials for Vehicles  (Read 7061 times)

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Resources/Materials for Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 10:18:56 am »
Someone raised the question about making furniture for in the buildings for example but the consensus was that the game probably doesn't go down to that level. There are the weapons though and items that advance the creatures like fire pit, maybe different types could produce different results.

Another type could be that you could harvest the flora on a planet to invent potions say that give your species special abilities maybe?

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 12:04:25 pm »
Well, Mr. Wright DID say there's a "Diablo" -like portion of the game. Guess that means you get to chop up your enemies and take their potions.  ;D

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 12:14:06 pm »
The Tribal protion of the game would be the best for any type of crafting. Since your much more in depth and personal with a small tribe. Maybe the AI will pick up on how certain items are being made and go out and do it themselves.

"Hmm, this spear(player-made) was made with a 2 rocks, a stick, and a bit of vine."
*2 rocks, a stick, and a bit of vine later*
"Ga ha! Now we have two spears(one player made, one creature made)."
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 08:05:32 pm »
with a necrobump urge, I checked out the VERY last topic on the boards.  All the way at the bottom of page 20, and lo 'n' behold, it's actually a pretty good thought.

Using specific materials (instead of just a cash unit) to make vehicles, buildings or tools.  This could make certain planets in your solar system or the galaxy (or areas on your planet) much more valuable for colonization and therefore make them key focus points in conflicts with other species.

:)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:34 am »
I remember someone talking about the the new Wired edition and that they confirmed a Tool editor to be present, as for textures I think the creature textures will be random but you can actually choose the vehicle ones (unless you use cheats then you probably can create textures for the creature too.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 03:36:33 am »
Heh veryyyy good necro bump have a small inflateable african child.
Hrmm while this would be cool there wouldn't really be much variation seeing as most natural resources are the same universe over if you've got the elements for life in general you've got the elements for steam power, oil, Chemical rockets. Basicly i think it would be micromanageing a bit to much. At the tribale stage maybe yeh what you build has to be realitve to your surroundings but even then i thinks its kinda constricting because if you want to play it realisticly play it realisticly but occasionally some of us just want to do somthing retardedly silly like a gargantuin leg race with unicycle like wooden pod cars who live on an entirely shrub bush planet etc etc.

thats a point can your UFO be made of wood! XD

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 05:17:07 am »
Heh veryyyy good necro bump have a small inflateable african child.

that's one of the most evil things I've ever heard!  I'm almost ashamed of myself that I laughed so hard and so long at it...  :p

true it might involve too much micromanagement... but what if there was something like Arakis in the Dune story.  A planet where there's a mineral that is coveted for social reasons (business, trade, religion, leisure, etc) and control over that planet = control over a vast empire...

I wouldn't want it to be big on such a scale, but it would be neat if A) you could choose different materials for different plus/minus effects, or B) there were certain planets that you would have a serious reason for wanting control of.