Author Topic: i noticed...  (Read 6994 times)

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
Re: i noticed...
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 09:14:36 pm »
no your missing what my point was. it just dawned on me the evolved creature is from the egg i has assumed you were just evolveing the controlled creature..though that seems more like mutuat now

yeh i was thinkin about that same thing

I hope to god that NPC creatures will evolve. It would make tha game so much sweeter than its already unimaginable sweetness
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:19:51 pm by MorgothTheEnemy »
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline ebinsesos

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • more edible than a cookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 10:55:35 pm »
mmm unimaginable sweetness...  can't imagine what it would taste like, but i could imagine that i imagining what would taste like, and that dream would be a good one.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 03:56:22 am »
You can't imagine it because it's unimaginable. You might imagine that you're imagining it, unless, of course, it was unimaginably unimaginable.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 06:09:19 am »
You can't imagine it because it's unimaginable. You might imagine that you're imagining it, unless, of course, it was unimaginably unimaginable.

But if it was unimaginably unimaginable, wouldn't your brain explode trying to imagine it?
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 08:17:23 am »
No, for I am unimaginably imaginative.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:13 am »
Now I'm confused xD

What about the following, they give us 3 in-game options:

1. NPC creatures don't evolve.
2. NPC creatures only have one evolution and they will evolve to their next phase as their creator made them.
3. NPC creatures will evolve based on an algorithm and will divide into only 1 or various branches (sweetness).

Since the last one would be made with an algorithm all they would have to do would be to turn that one off or something :)
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 09:33:15 am »
Now I'm confused xD

What about the following, they give us 3 in-game options:

1. NPC creatures don't evolve.
2. NPC creatures only have one evolution and they will evolve to their next phase as their creator made them.
3. NPC creatures will evolve based on an algorithm and will divide into only 1 or various branches (sweetness).

Since the last one would be made with an algorithm all they would have to do would be to turn that one off or something :)

Last we heard, the NPC creatures will change over time by new ones being added and old ones dying out.  WW also said that they weren't sure if they could/would implement computer controlled evolution vs. just seeding with new creatures from the database.  Considering the size of the database, I don't see any reason to need computer controlled evolution besides the "ooo" factor which, considering the scope of the game, will be drastically less than the overall "Wow!" factor we will get.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 09:37:27 am »
that "ooo" factor is very important to me though.  I hope that they could design a basic formula that says "in X amount of years, how much would these creatures have changed?" and then simply apply that formula anytime I return to a planet that I haven't been on in a long time.

I hope I hope I hope...

See... for me, the biggest pull of this game is making the creatures.  So my wish for simulated evolution is equivilent to others' wishes for things like ringworlds, religions, interstellar war fleets, etc.  (although I'd also like to see those things as well)