Author Topic: 7900GT question, which brand?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline deathc4

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
7900GT question, which brand?
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
So im getting a NVIDIA 7900GT card from Newegg.com, problem is, there are two brands and im not sure which to get. Here are the two:

BFG Tech
eVGA

I was also thinking about making getting a 7900GTX instead, however, I am getting the Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe board and as you can see there is little room for 2 video cards (that take up 2 slots each [GTX series]), although im not sure if two will fit and also alow one free PCI slot for my sound card. If so I may go with the GTXs, if not the GTs, and if not the GTXs which of the two GT brands should I choose?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 7900GT question, which brand?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:43:37 pm »
Get BFG Tech.

All BFG Hardware comes overclocked out of the box. Make sure you have proper cooling though.

Oh, I would stick with the GT. I am pretty sure that the 7900 series (As well as the 6800 series) can be overclocked enough to be equivalent to the card one tier up. So basically, your 7900GT could be overclocked to work at the same clock speeds (If not better clock speeds) than the 7900 Ultra.

Neat huh?

Offline deathc4

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 07:52:43 pm »
Well see, thats the thing, I dont want overclocked stuff.

So if i go with the GTs I wont be getting a BFG. But im still torn on whether to get a 7900GTX or 7900GT. In the future I will get a second one since I will have an SLI Mobo. The GTXs take up a lot of space and that might be bag for the sound card im going to be forced to squeeze inbetween the two graphic cards. GTs seem to allow for more open space, but isnt as beefy and powerful as the GTXs. OH THESE DECISIONS ARE KILLING ME!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:57:55 pm »
Why don't you want overclocked hardware?

I mean, on the one hand, you don't have to do anything.

Even better, it is done at the factory so it is under warranty if it breaks!

Don't be a fool, get the overclocked card.