Author Topic: Rules  (Read 9337 times)

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Rules
« on: March 17, 2005, 04:50:34 am »
I think we should add some rules, iv'e seen some Unproductive posting and spam, which will eventually make the forums a big mess....

Heat

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 06:49:08 am »
I think we should add some rules, iv'e seen some Unproductive posting and spam, which will eventually make the forums a big mess....

Two men enter, one man leaves!

(oh wait... that's unproductive)

I think that eventually some rules would be a good idea, but I think when you're first getting started you want to encourage discussion, not discourage it. So at least to start, "don't be an asshat" should suffice...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:50:40 am by pfellah »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 08:21:55 am »
Hum, I haven't seen spam yet. If you do make sure to report it right away (there is a little button on the bottom which will report any post).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 03:48:15 am »
Steve, who are the Moderators? The only real authority I've seen is you.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 09:35:56 am »
I'm it for now. I keep on top of things here, I read everything (so far) but I don't always post. In time I will make moderators, but only after someone has truly proven themselves to be a constructive member, who has the time, the energy, and who conveys the correct image that I want. To quote Spiderman, "with great power comes great responsibility".

Heh, of course this might just be "yet another gaming web site" but to me it's my gaming web site and I want to make sure that it keeps a certain level of professionalism and that people can always count to come here and have a good discussion on gaming/entertainment/geek culture. So in time as it gets bigger and I have to spread myself out a bit I will create moderators and the like. But keep up the good work...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 09:58:17 am »
Can the moderaters have some really great name like the Justice League of Super beings?
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 04:32:36 pm »
hahaha, good one Sync. I didn't think you had any other Steve cause the site was so small, but I thought I would ask so I'd know who else to respect and fear. I don't think it's just your gaming web site anymore, you're starting to grow a community who also cares about it.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
It's true i joined on the 16th and there were like 6 posts and now look at this

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 02:51:13 am »
10 bucks says scopion (I know i spelled it srong somehow) is the first moderator.
 ;D
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 05:54:50 am »
Hmm, that's a fascinating concept. Oh, you ironically spelled "wrong" wrong...

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 12:13:07 pm »
AHAHAHHA true

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 08:40:42 am »
10 bucks says scopion (I know i spelled it srong somehow) is the first moderator.
 ;D

I think you owe someone $10 ;)

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 11:08:47 am »
In the future, I think everyone else that's active now will have been a moderator at some point except me. And then Leng will take a long break and go to France or something, and when he comes back, he freaks out and deletes half of the forums.

$10 to be paid (by me)  if Leng deletes half the forums before everyone but me is a mod or Leng deletes significantly more or less than one half.

And if I become a mod, why, then I'll use the secret time machine to go back and change this post!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:18:30 pm by Samog »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 11:12:35 am »
In the future, I think everyone else that's active now will have been a moderator at some point except me. And then Leng will take a long break and go to France or something, and when he comes back, he freaks out and deletes half of the forums.

$10 to be paid if Leng deletes half the forums before everyone but me is a mod or Leng deletes significantly more or less than one half.

And if I become a mod, why, then I'll use the secret time machine to go back and change this post!

Yeah, but your always gonna get ten bucks that way.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 12:07:40 pm »
 ;D

I think you owe someone $10 ;)
First was Jayce, but if you'll look he hasn't been on in a while, and his moderator rank has been removed if you check his profile. Now brings the Reign of LadyM! Sound the Golden Trumpets!

"We're out of Golden Trumpets."

The Silver Trombones?

"None of those either."

The Bronze Saxaphones?

"Um, funny story there, see my Cousin has a Jazz band that..."

Do we have anything?!

*5 minutes later....

Sound the Platinum Kazoos!
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master