Author Topic: Forum History  (Read 89019 times)

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
Re: Forum History
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2006, 01:00:03 pm »
That stupid emo person, it think it was... Alxian?

The one who posted leather-bound books as replies to topics
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2006, 01:15:03 pm »
Being an ass counts toward nothing.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2006, 01:18:07 pm »
So that's half the forum's history gone then :P
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2006, 02:03:16 pm »
That stupid emo person, it think it was... Alxian?

The one who posted leather-bound books as replies to topics
Nah, he just had funny ideas about too many resources in spore and had a scary avatar.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 04:58:51 pm »
Two things: Swerv disappearing (or rather all of his posts).

The most offtopic discussion ever - an argument about mathematical notation in a thread about Psychics.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2006, 05:14:18 pm »
Nah, he just had funny ideas about too many resources in spore and had a scary avatar.
Remember the "plant ships" guy?

Don't tell me that's already in this thread.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2006, 01:33:07 am »

Oh man! That was so annoying. Somehow he couldnt understand the difference between making a ship that looks organic and calling it organic and having the game tell you its organic.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2006, 07:37:20 am »

Oh man! That was so annoying. Somehow he couldnt understand the difference between making a ship that looks organic and calling it organic and having the game tell you its organic.

I'm so happy I missed that one.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2006, 07:46:02 am »
It's kind of like the diffrence between sims having things you call eyes that look like eyes, and sims actually seeing their surroundings.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2006, 07:47:58 am »
It's kind of like the diffrence between sims having things you call eyes that look like eyes, and sims actually seeing their surroundings, but this not having any impact on gameplay.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2006, 07:52:29 am »
Yeah...well at least much less impact on gameplay. If Sims were actually able to see, hear and interpret their surroundings instead of the computer telling them to turn their head when another Sim has entered the room, it might not have a significantly large difference on gameplay but it would definitely be very diffrent in terms of AI.
For instance when there's some sort of "error"  ;) and the Sim the other Sim is interacting with has been somehow transported to the other end of the room they might actually notice and stop trying to propose marriage to thin air...Of course AI like that seems a little ways off.

But anyway, Yeah it wouldn't have nearly as much impact on gameplay as an actual organic ship. I was just using it as an example of sorts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:30:10 am by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »
I remeber the stupid organic ships debate... and the Sapient/Sentient thingy... who under all of the saints in heaven ever heard sapient?
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

gec05

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 05:36:13 pm »
We should totally do something stupid and annoying right now. I'll watch from a distance. :D

In some other forum on april fool's day, they played a twisted joke on the members. When ever someone posted the phrase "april fools day," it automatically gets changed to "free stuffs jelly" so as not to cause any suspision to the dim-witted. They also began to falsely impliment a gold membership which claimed to require a subscription and prohibited others from accessing the rest of the website. It was just a free-for-all spam war from there and they are usually very strict about spam. People caused flame wars, people began to write suicide notes and such. People never bothered to try subscribing only to find out that they could have been let in on the joke and be given a special rank. But it was a good way to let everyone vent out themselves. :P

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2006, 08:37:07 pm »
It's kind of like the diffrence between sims having things you call eyes that look like eyes, and sims actually seeing their surroundings.
You forgot the part where sims who can see get twice the amount of content, but to get true vision you have to follow a strict path starting three generations earlier.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2006, 03:35:31 am »
I remeber the stupid organic ships debate... and the Sapient/Sentient thingy... who under all of the saints in heaven ever heard sapient?

Normal people who like using language properly.