Author Topic: Am I wrong for trying to help someone?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
  • The "I'm Not a ____, but..." King
    • View Profile
Am I wrong for trying to help someone?
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:34:52 pm »
So, I was on a popular social site when I found a guy in the military stationed on base with me that is calling a 16 year old girl sexy, beautiful and not being able to wait to get home so they can "Have some fun". This guy is 20 years old.

I told a few friends about it and everyone agreed that the guy is creepy because she is underage and he's in the military and legal age for anyone in the military is 18 and you can get in serious trouble if it even looks like you're trying anything inappropriate.

I sent him a message telling him to be careful and that people were taking notices of his advances. I told him to do that stuff in private and not in an open website because military members are my family and we watch out for each other and didn't want him getting in trouble.

Well, as you may have guessed it, he blew up at me and told me to mind my own buisness.

Was I wrong for trying to help out a comrade?

This space for sale.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
Re: Am I wrong for trying to help someone?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 02:48:58 pm »
Er...what's that called, dang...
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 05:10:36 pm »
You were being nosy.

But someone had to tell him that he was a creep.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 06:07:55 pm »
You weren't wrong to try to help, he didn't want to hear what he already knows to be true. Just know that you tried and don't worry about it. He might have to learn the hard way.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 06:24:41 pm »
You weren't wrong to try to help, he didn't want to hear what he already knows to be true. Just know that you tried and don't worry about it. He might have to learn the hard way.

Bad word choice?

werechicken

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:45 pm »
threaten to report him if your really worried, if not just let him get into trouble, then deny all knowledge

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 08:16:50 pm »
If he doesn't want to take good advice when its offered thats his own problem

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 11:30:52 pm »
It really depends on the girls perspective, in my opinion. At this stage, if she expressed any disinterest (or did not establish a position) in his advances, you acted accordingly. Certainly, if I were in the situation, and my guy friends knew I was not enjoying it, I would expect them to talk some sense into the guy bothering me.

If she expressed interest, then you may have overstepped your bounds. While it can certainly be said not all girls know what they want, and some girls want what won't be good for them, the guy has yet to do anything other then "seem creepy," so I don't know that intervening was necessary. However, inspite of this, as he choose to do these things publically, your actions were in no way invasive.