Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 23307 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Ender's Game
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 06:03:11 pm »
Ender's Shadow is the only one of those books I don't own  :-\ I checked it out from the library to see if it was any good, and I have a hard time buying a book I've already read.

If you buy it, you can reread it whenever you want. I have read the four Ender books three times. Only once each for Bean's though.

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006, 06:44:04 pm »
I'm working my way through them, and have been alternating back and forth between Ender's series and the Shadow series. I actually thought Xenocide and Speker for the dead were quite good. I think Xenocide would make an excellent movie.
Yes. Of course.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2006, 04:44:19 pm »
Yeah, well if I want to reread it I can always go buy it. Usually though I like to wait a few years between reading books so I forget all the little details and can be suprised all over again.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2006, 04:47:45 pm »
Yeah, well if I want to reread it I can always go buy it. Usually though I like to wait a few years between reading books so I forget all the little details and can be suprised all over again.

Same here. It's one of the only books I've read over again. The only problem is that I tend to hyperfocus on reading once I start, so I don't get much else done.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006, 09:07:04 am »
Just read Ender's game. Very good I must say. The translation(my library seems to be allergic to English language sci-fi) left something to be desired but I was hooked pretty much the whole time. (How do you translate such an expression as "the buggers" correctly. :P) What fascinated me the most was the idea of the "nets". I mean, we're on one right now!  :D Everything else was fantastic too, the whole psychological take worked very well. I have no idea how to get the sequels... I reckon I'll have to buy them. I really look forward to the movie too(2 years wait, sigh).

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »
Just read Ender's game. Very good I must say. The translation(my library seems to be allergic to English language sci-fi) left something to be desired but I was hooked pretty much the whole time. (How do you translate such an expression as "the buggers" correctly. :P) What fascinated me the most was the idea of the "nets". I mean, we're on one right now!  :D Everything else was fantastic too, the whole psychological take worked very well. I have no idea how to get the sequels... I reckon I'll have to buy them. I really look forward to the movie too(2 years wait, sigh).
Keep waiting, my friend. I'll be shocked when Hollywood allows a movie featuring people under thirteen years of age beating one another to death.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 02:05:57 pm »
Keep waiting, my friend. I'll be shocked when Hollywood allows a movie featuring people under thirteen years of age beating one another to death.

If you listen to Enders shadow on CD you get a really cool moment with the author about the movie. Everyone he went to wanted to change ender to 16, and maybe give him a love interest or bring his brother into space  ::)

Eventually he found someone who would do it with the kids at the right age.

Also, it turns out he found some kids around the right age who did a play of pettier pan. Supposedly they are really good actors

Oh, and they are going to combine Enders game and Enders shadow into one movie. So bean an ender will talk a lot more so they can get the emotions on screen

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2006, 08:13:29 am »

If you listen to Enders shadow on CD you get a really cool moment with the author about the movie. Everyone he went to wanted to change ender to 16, and maybe give him a love interest or bring his brother into space  ::)

Eventually he found someone who would do it with the kids at the right age.

Also, it turns out he found some kids around the right age who did a play of pettier pan. Supposedly they are really good actors

Oh, and they are going to combine Enders game and Enders shadow into one movie. So bean an ender will talk a lot more so they can get the emotions on screen

I'm just saying. I think it's possible to do an Ender's Game film; I really do, even keeping the kids the right age. But I think they're going to massively tone-down or outrightly take out the fight at the beginning and the one in the shower. Which to me are two pivotal moments in Ender's life and should not be cut out or edited; they are important to his mindset.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2006, 04:37:44 pm »
I'm just saying. I think it's possible to do an Ender's Game film; I really do, even keeping the kids the right age. But I think they're going to massively tone-down or outrightly take out the fight at the beginning and the one in the shower. Which to me are two pivotal moments in Ender's life and should not be cut out or edited; they are important to his mindset.

True, They'll tone down the fighting, and I bet they will be wearing somthing  :P

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2006, 10:37:41 pm »
I don't think giving them a pair of boxers/briefs is goign to infuriate any fans.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2006, 12:02:57 am »
I don't think giving them a pair of boxers/briefs is goign to infuriate any fans.

lol, I dunno, some fan boys are odd

(I don't really care what they are wearing)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2006, 07:52:24 am »
Clothes isn't exactly what I'm talking about. And yes, some people are strange like that. Not sure we're looking to cater to those people, however.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 04:53:42 pm »
I may get flamed for this, but I really do think Ender's Game is totally overrated. It tends to be loved by 13 year old children who think "I'm just like Ender!" However, it isn't that great as a piece of literature. It's just a coming of age story, of which there are thousands more many of which better. I believe that the only reason it's liked so much is because people read it when they are young and never return to it with a critical eye.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 07:30:52 pm »
I just read it and I enjoyed it very much from an adult perspective. I'm still on the 3rd book though.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 07:39:24 pm »
It's in the adult section.

I couldn't think about reading this as a kid. Sure, it has the war game, but that’s just one point of the over all book. If you like it just for that part you didn't dive into his head well enough.

I still did like that part however. There was just more