Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 23269 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Ender's Game
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2006, 09:32:33 am »
Thus far I've just read Ender's game (loved it).  I'm wondering if there's anything special about reading the same story twice (as in Ender's Shadow).  It won't have any of those FANTASTIC spoilers.

I loved Ender's Shadow. It was a great book. Whereas I couldn't like the sequels to Ender's Game. I much prefer the Bean series as a true continuation of the story.

WHY ARE THERE NO ENDER'S GAME MOVIES/GAMES?

Because OSC has been battling back and forth with studios for several years about how to do one. It's just a difficult book to translate into film for all sorts of reasons that don't have anything to do with the story. For example, there is some worry about having certain events involving serious violence on children by children in a film.

As for OSC writing the script himself: He posted online a long time ago some of the opening pages of his new script for it and honestly? I was surprised to see that he changed things and not in ways that I liked. But we'll see how it turns out, if it ever does.

Offline Naronto

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2006, 03:22:10 pm »
I doubt it not the sort of story a company like paramount or newline want to pick up.
"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'. "
Larry Hardiman

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2006, 05:37:18 pm »
There is a game. Cept it's text based...but it's really cool. I recommend it to anyone who likes ender's game. It's that link I posted a few posts ago, http://www.ansiblemoo.org/

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2006, 04:07:15 pm »
At the end of Enders Shadow on CD. OSC talks about an Ender movie. He wanted Ender to be 12 (I think that’s how old he is in the book), and all of the studios want Ender to be around 16 or 17. So it's been hard to find a studio, and find actors that are good enough at that age

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:18 am »
At the end of Enders Shadow on CD. OSC talks about an Ender movie. He wanted Ender to be 12 (I think that’s how old he is in the book), and all of the studios want Ender to be around 16 or 17. So it's been hard to find a studio, and find actors that are good enough at that age

Yeah, he's discussed the issue on his website many times. Too bad we can't go back in time and get Christian Bale as a kid.

Greatest child actor ever.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 02:58:38 pm »
I saw hims speak about the movie, and he said that the person editing the script or w/e wanted to make it revolve around a romance between ender and petra, and OSC's like, wtf. He also said that he would have trouble finding a GOOD actor who was young enough to play Ender.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2006, 08:20:48 am »
I saw hims speak about the movie, and he said that the person editing the script or w/e wanted to make it revolve around a romance between ender and petra, and OSC's like, wtf. He also said that he would have trouble finding a GOOD actor who was young enough to play Ender.

Hmm. I hadn't heard about the Ender / Petra thing. And considering how things eventually turn out in the Bean books, it would seem a touch odd for the suggestion if it didn't blow to begin with. As for a young actor: We need to clone Christian Bale. I'm telling you. Clone him and raise his clone in a pseudo-similar environment to his childhood so that he acts the same way.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2006, 11:53:05 am »
That'd be funny to see the guy who played mini-me as ender.