Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 23302 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Ender's Game
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 06:57:41 am »
I've read (and own):

Ender's Game -------> Children of the Mind
Ender's Shadow -------> Shaddow Puppets

I have read all the above books twice, and Ender's Game Several times.

Memory of Earth --------> Earthborn

Redemption of Christopher Columbus

All very good books!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 01:01:55 pm »
I read Ender's Game in a single sitting. It's the only book I own that's not dog-eared because of that. I read the rest of the quartet over the next week. So glad I bought them all at once.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 02:42:08 pm »
I read Ender's Game in a single sitting. It's the only book I own that's not dog-eared because of that. I read the rest of the quartet over the next week. So glad I bought them all at once.

Welcome back!

Can't think of anything else to say except, the Ender/Bean series is the best ever.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 11:06:54 pm »
I suprisingly have time to post now that I've settled into my new apartment at college.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 06:44:32 pm »
the only thing i dont like about his books is I have to go to the young adult area to get them
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 10:35:54 pm »
omg, are you phicik or sumthin! 
 :o I was just about to say that that was my fav. book of ALL TIME!!! i just got finished reading speaker for the dead an loved it.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline CaiphasPotato

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 06:35:49 am »
I really enjoyed this book. I read it after reading the Halo books and it almost made it seem like Ender was John. The stories seemed to kind of mesh and it was really cool. Havent bothered to read the other ones because I get confused on the order of them.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 04:38:53 pm »
I really enjoyed this book. I read it after reading the Halo books and it almost made it seem like Ender was John. The stories seemed to kind of mesh and it was really cool. Havent bothered to read the other ones because I get confused on the order of them.

Okay, here is the order:

Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

And Bean's series:

Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant

The Ender and Bean ones can be read independently of each other, but having read one will greatly enhance the other.

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
  • All Hail, the mighty glowing geography teacher!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 10:03:53 pm »
My thoughts on enders game

You gotta love reading about six year olds decking their buddies.

I read this when i was about 8(seriously, belive it or not, im not totally stupid), probably the first book i read that had actuall human emotion in it, i mean, sure the cat in the hat has great characters ::)...

i havn't read any of the other books in the series, and the only other thing i've seen involving Card was The Iron man stuff.
http://www.savefile.com/files/184513
HelperBox.  Ensuring a brighter future!
(it's a 9 megabyte movie I made in endorphin. It's pretty funny)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 05:36:01 pm »
I've herd people love the 1st book, but hate the sequals. Why do you think they feal that way?

I've only read the 1st one, but I liked it. I'm not sure if I want to read the others

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 05:42:02 pm »
I've herd people love the 1st book, but hate the sequals. Why do you think they feal that way?

I've only read the 1st one, but I liked it. I'm not sure if I want to read the others

Well, that's your loss then. I happen to think they are great. Well worth a read. (In my opinion)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 05:48:43 pm »
I didn't say I wasn’t going to read them. I'm just hesitant to because of what I herd about them. Do you know if they are different in some way to turn off fans? If not, I might end up reading them if I find time

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 05:51:06 pm »
I didn't say I wasn’t going to read them. I'm just hesitant to because of what I herd about them. Do you know if they are different in some way to turn off fans? If not, I might end up reading them if I find time

They are more complex, and Ender is not a child anymore. I guess those might turn someone off.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 05:34:06 pm »
Nah, I think there increased complexity makes them far more intriguing than if they were still put from a child's perspective, plus it wouldn't be able to convoy the transition from Xenocide to Speaker as the same person.

I agree totally, I actually like the last books more than the first (not that the first is by any means not good). But some people don't read it before they decide. :-\ Those people don't know what they are missing.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 05:45:50 pm »
Ender's Game was great, and the sequals to that one definitly gave some provocative thinking about concepts I normally don't address. Now, Bean's series, those are freakin' awsome. I love the manipulation of global politics, plus Bean is just cool. I just picked up the soft-cover of Shadow of the Giant and I'm almost done reading it, I'm loving what's going on. If you like Ender's Game, but aren't a fan of the sequals to it do yourself a favor and pick up the ones about Bean, you don't be dissapointed in the least, they take place imidietly after Ender's Game and they finish up that part of the story. Plus you get to read about all your favorite Battle School kids.