Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts 2  (Read 5415 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts 2
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:09 am »
Only a two more weeks until it's released.

This game will be absolutely awesome. It's got Tron, a bunch more Square characters (Auron!), and apparently all the worlds from the original have been revamped (Little Mermaid's world is supposedly fun now).

Anyway, just starting a thread for it before everyone starts playing.

I'm not sure whether or not to start it when I get it or continue playing Oblivion for a while before starting it.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Solaren

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 03:25:10 am »
Yeah I've been looking forward to it too, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since I first heard about it ages ago.  The camera.  I've not often been a fan of many similar title where there is a camera that I control on consoles BECAUSE I have to use the right analog stick.  My thinking is, personally, I'd rather have my right thumb available for pushing the buttons (which in a fight needs to be done often to say the least).  KH1 was great to me because it used the triggers to rotate the camera, and let's face it, it's not like your index fingers and/or middle fingers (depending how you like to hold you controller) are doing much else. 
The only place where there could have been any kind of need to look up and down was in Atlantis.  It didn't take much effort to use the target lock feature on targets that would swim above and below.
That being said, I'm going to buy it when it comes out, and hopefully I can get used to it.  At least it's not a FPS which I absolutely cannot stand on consoles because of the inacuracy at aiming when compared to pc fps's.

Offline leowyq

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • SlapUsilly
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 07:14:38 pm »
I've played the Japanese version of it and i must say that there's lots of improvements over the previous version. Can't wait for it to be out.  ;D

Offline SpannyStoleMyBike

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Stole...my...bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:25:11 am »
I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, and can't wait.  I'm so glad the Little Mermaid world was fixed, because that one was horrible for me.

EDIT:  And the camera has been fixed too, by the way. ;)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 06:08:31 pm »
It's also got a character (maybe more) from Final Fantasy VI. I saw a few pictures.

One weird thing I read about is that it's also got a Pirates of the Caribbean world.
Made me laugh. ::)

http://www.kh2.co.uk
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 11:12:36 am »
I'm glad they fixed the camera, but I need to see a 3D Palom and Porom. Where are they? Even if they only show up in stone form, I don't care --- I just want to see them.

Or were they in the first Kingdom Hearts and I'm simply crazed?

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:52:53 pm »
Duel Weilding is AWESOME.  Even though Sora looks so girly!!  Is that shorts he's wearing or is it a skort?  Skorts=SKort=Shorts+skirt

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 01:20:27 pm »
It's actually a pretty good game, though it's a tad easy. But that's to be expected when the Disney characters will likely appeal to younger gamers as well. The story is pretty good thus far, though a bit confusing for someone that never played Chain of Memories. Sorry, I'm not a card game fan. The opening video with the Utada Hikaru song 'Sanctuary' is awesome and really makes you wonder why the hell Square hasn't made a Kingdom Hearts film yet. The cast is perfect, the animation is amazing, and the music works so well with the style of the world and characters. Besides, Disney characters would get a major revival from having a film version of it.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 07:40:38 pm »
I did get the game awhile ago and I do agree with PHI-1618 that it has good graphics and all although there is still a bit of a camera problem in it at least for me. The "tutorial" is lasting a bit longer than I expected and the game may just be easy if played on standard mode but I won't bother going into advanced. Anyways I do recommend others get it maybe not for the full price but still get it.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 11:40:17 pm »
I just beat it about ten minutes ago, with a nice 50 hours put into it.
I was doubtful I would ever unlock the secret ending, so I found it on the net.
Looks to me like there's going to be a third. Someday.

Damn, I really enjoyed this game.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Kyle_1223

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Was adopted by PatMan33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:52:30 am »
I never got into those games, i think the whole Disney turned me off.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:20 pm »
Disney makes good games just as long as they aren't based upon a series they show every morning for 5 year olds.  so yeah this would be the only game that is good by them
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 05:41:03 am »
I just beat it about ten minutes ago, with a nice 50 hours put into it.
I was doubtful I would ever unlock the secret ending, so I found it on the net.
Looks to me like there's going to be a third. Someday.

Damn, I really enjoyed this game.
Actually, word is that the game's director has up to two ideas for future sequels, so you might someday see two more. :)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 10:12:00 am »
Disney makes good games just as long as they aren't based upon a series they show every morning for 5 year olds. so yeah this would be the only game that is good by them

Disney didn't make this game. SquareEnix did. Disney only contributed characters and voices.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 10:41:06 am »
The game is fun, but the tutorial is a little long. My brother and dad played the tutorial in about 3 hours wathcing the cut scenes. I skipped all the scenes, and it only took me 1 hour.