Author Topic: Oh no, another one!: The Griblox  (Read 3489 times)

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
Oh no, another one!: The Griblox
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:25:03 pm »
Since they made it onto a poll with no more info than a name I figured I'd provide some details. Again no pictures because I still can't draw, though one may come eventually. If anyone else wants a go at it feel free.

Habitat: Glorb, a planet that's mostly ocean with three main land masses. The Griblox inhabit the largest of the three, making their homes in the primarily swampy territories.

Physical Specs: The Griblox range in height from 5' to around 5'10", with twelve tentacles situated radially around their lower bodies and bulbous upper bodies with two arms and the standard five digits lacking claws or nails. Heads could also be described as "pudgy", with two generally beady eyes, pointed ears, upturned slightly pointed noses, and wide frog-like mouths full of shark-like teeth. Their skin is a somewhat moist rubbery texture covered with small bumps(like goosebumps) and they can vary in color anywhere from mustard yellow to pea soup green. A low center of gravity and normally high mass make them strong, sturdy creatures who have adapted to living life on land, capable of pulling themselves around using their tentacles and adjoining muscles in the lower body. And a nonconventional skeletal structure allows their bodies to bend or compress to a certain degree(a bit like real octopi).

Civilization/History: The Griblox civilization was built upon the backs of slaves, a second sentient species called Lanthridians. Though both evolved from the vast ocean and left the water for land, the Griblox were a little ahead of the game and over time managed to enslave the majority of the Lanthridian people. Using them mostly for manual labor, but also occasionally for food. With the enslaved highly oppressed species at their disposal the Griblox were able to advance in leaps and bounds and quickly became a well established and powerful society, until the rebellions(only touching upon large events and details here, as I wouldn't want to scare anyone off with too much text). Having built much of the Griblox technology and in some cases knowing it better than the Griblox themselves, the Lanthridians were able to organize and launch a number of assaults that resulted in the partial liberation of their species. Unable to completely overtake or wipe out the Griblox, those who were free left the planet to regroup on one of Glorb's two moons. The two species are bitter enemies and have engaged in quite a few small scale wars and mini revolutions.

There's a couple niblets to start with. I can fill in more details or expand upon other aspects of either species if anyone cares to read. Feel free to give comments or complaints.

There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Oh no, another one!: The Griblox
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:06:55 am »
No more no more! I am tired of adding them to the Creature Index Sticky post.  >:(

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 02:22:34 am »
No more no more! I am tired of adding them to the Creature Index Sticky post.:)

Wow someone has gone nuts :D.But I do agree,only the ideas with pictures should be added ;)

.......I had to change that angry face in that quote........looks to mad lol,so mad :P
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 06:58:53 am »
No more no more! I am tired of adding them to the Creature Index Sticky post. :)

Wow someone has gone nuts  :D.But I do agree,only the ideas with pictures should be added  ;)

.......I had to change that angry face in that quote........looks to mad lol,so mad  :P

Pictures are cool, but I love reading the stories too.
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 03:47:58 pm »
No more no more! I am tired of adding them to the Creature Index Sticky post.  >:(

Hey you were the one that dropped the name in the last creature poll. Gotta let the public know what they're not voting for.  :P

Judging from the overwhelming response in this thread I'll save you the torment though and won't contribute anything further. S'no fun when no one else is interested.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:08 pm »
Please don't get upset because no one has posted. There has been alot of new creatures lately and they will soon get their own forum. Just because no one has commented does not mean that they haven't read your post. I myself don't post in every thread but I do read each one. So, keep contributing  ;)

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:35:51 pm »
Ah but that's part of the problem, the lack of comments. Sure people are probably reading, that's clear enough by looking at the post view count. But if there aren't any replies I can't help but take that as a lack of interest, and there's been zilch for either of the creature threads I started.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 09:39:32 pm »
Wow what happend to all the binary?
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 09:41:29 pm »
Got tired of copying/pasting? Plus that was a different thread. The Griblox care not for 0's and 1's.