Author Topic: Tetris DS Recieves a 9.0 from IGN!  (Read 6060 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Tetris DS Recieves a 9.0 from IGN!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 06:48:23 am »
you will have to dream of Tetris at night

Heh heh. Games like that do that. At one point I kept seeing Meteos wen i closed my eyes :P

When I was young, I had a nightmare where I was inside the cylinder the Tetris pieces fall into. I could make them turn and move by waving my arms in the air above my head, but I also had to dodge them as they came spiraling down towards me. It was horrifying. And truth be told, I never played Tetris much when I was young.

Also, a quick update: Played Tetris DS only 15 minutes yesterday. On Standard Mode, I pulled 196,000 points. It was ungodly. Like the game possessed me or something. I have never done that well. Finally got beat at level 18. Man, that was insanely quick. 

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 08:13:24 pm »
DS Tetris is lots of fun.  My only complaint is that sometimes it feels like the Wi-Fi games take forever to get into a game.  Anyone else have that experience?
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 04:26:26 pm »

Heh heh. Games like that do that. At one point I kept seeing Meteos when i closed my eyes :P

When I was young, I had a nightmare where I was inside the cylinder the Tetris pieces fall into. I could make them turn and move by waving my arms in the air above my head, but I also had to dodge them as they came spiraling down towards me. It was horrifying. And truth be told, I never played Tetris much when I was young.
I always imagined it as a rectangular glass tank exactly one tetris brick deep.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 04:30:01 pm »

Heh heh. Games like that do that. At one point I kept seeing Meteos wen i closed my eyes :P

I see armies when I close my eyes after I play Rome for a couple hours.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 04:39:05 pm »
I could make them turn and move by waving my arms in the air above my head, but I also had to dodge them as they came spiraling down towards me.

Thats it! That's how you will play Tetris Wii!

I must tell Mr. Iwata!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 02:05:32 am »

I see armies when I close my eyes after I play Rome for a couple hours.

I had the same hting with rotating blocks from playing It's mr pants on train rides home.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 02:39:02 am »
wel around lvl 18 its just so fast it hits the gound instantly, but then u have like 3 to 5 seconds to move it.... and if u pres the A button al the time you can hold that piece FOREVER and you can climb whit it to i think thats kinda buggy....(btw anyone ever played tetris 3D?)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 07:20:23 am »
wel around lvl 18 its just so fast it hits the gound instantly, but then u have like 3 to 5 seconds to move it.... and if u pres the A button al the time you can hold that piece FOREVER and you can climb whit it to i think thats kinda buggy....(btw anyone ever played tetris 3D?)

You can hold the piece in place forever, that's true, but your ability to climb with them is different depending on the pieces. But yeah, it seems like a bug so I try not to use it. Reached level 20 the other day without using it, and that was friggin' wrong.