Poll

there is no current poll

squat
33 (71.7%)
nothing
13 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: The one and only Anubian  (Read 55436 times)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
The one and only Anubian
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:03:56 pm »
I give you the top predator from the planet tupma( i chaned the name but there is still a fishstick from Mr.wizard for anyone who gets the secret behind the name) the Anubian.

http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anubian7gl.jpg
It's amazing what you can do with piant and allot of patience which I don't have.

The Anubian race are hunters on a desolate and dense world where anything is hard to find. Because of scarce food, nature has fine tuned their senses (basically a dog with color vision only better  ;D) to hunt down food to the optimal efficiency( and by efficiency I don't mean the Vis's definition of efficiency (no disrespect to th owner)

This dog like animal has brute force with effective tactics (checkout those abs) the Anubians have captured (and eaten) everytype of animal on their planet and they got bored ;D and they have set out to the galaxies for food and to enjoy the trill of a good hunt. During there time of departure to the vast space of blackness other sentient species have seen them as professional bounty hunters (Not to put a smudge on Jango Fett's reputation). Now I have no idea what to draw next so whenever I give a picture someone give me a request and if time permits I will do my best with my imagination, paint program, and what little patience that remains :'(.

Now to the photo, Anubians come in different color ranging Brown, Black, and rarely Grey. Only males have wings but both sexes can hunt with more or less equality. Their wing are very dextericle, so much that with practice they can be use as extra hands. They have a temper (most at least, but not at a look at them funny and they'll kill you slowly and painfully in a maniacal Way level. The armor he is wearing is standard hunting armor and in the center is one of two gods,here the god of death,Anubis (yes I know not very creative but it fits  :-\). the symbol varies depending on what the situation is or what he's doing. Last and least is the diamond(well sorta). Basically it's just a rock, nothing special, no powers, nothing, it's just shiny. Now give me your thoughts and what you want to know. :)

Edit: I forgot to say this but on his back are spikes but you can't see them on this side.

Edit: Thanks Vivec

Edit: I HAVE FIXXED THE PROBLEM  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:30:56 pm by a13gt »

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
Re: The one and only Anubian (creature)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 06:06:05 pm »

Here, use this code:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9172/anubian1fd.th.jpg[/img]
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:14:25 pm »
Lol,how could you mess up cutting and pasting it from Image shack?  :D

EDIT:God,I thort it would be like some of the others.But this,WOW,I might have to give it a go.But I have no creature in mind.Meh
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:33:04 pm by LONE GUNNER3 »
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 06:25:31 pm »

Here, use this code:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9172/anubian1fd.th.jpg[/img]

How do I make it bigger
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 06:27:26 pm »
Steroids.

Offline jonnypuko

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Im gonna sign your pity on the runny kine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »
(Oh Snap)

Offline kalcion

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • I am the key master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 06:28:56 pm »
You must take this herring and cut down the largest tree......wait you said for image? Hmmmm....use tinypic.com (ironically).
So uh....what happens when your creature won't stop jumping off cliffs like crazed lemmings?

Offline jmrdex

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 06:34:42 pm »
If they had bird heads they could be Avengers.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 06:36:27 pm »
Steroids.

He said bigger, not smaller.  :D
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:53 pm »
 lol I want the picture of the Anubian bigger ;D.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: The one and only Anubian (creature)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 08:33:51 am »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:42:03 pm by Zneeezzz »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 01:41:02 pm »

:'( no it's just the same, I guess I'll use a different code. it sucks to do all tht work on paint for 7+ hours straight only to have it pint size.

EDIT:God,I thort it would be like some of the others.But this,WOW,I might have to give it a go.But I have no creature in mind.Meh

Yes at first I tought it was unoriginal but all the stuff I have put on it fits and makes sense, I'v thought of everything on this since last year when I heard of spore exept for the wings (I put them to look cool and majestic). I have thier planet, native animals and plants, religion, and alot more all drawn on paper but with the lack of a scanner i have to do it on paint. Ask anything and when I get the chane I'll put it up on Paint.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 04:49:45 pm »
I have a dream... a Dream when people will post on this thread for sheer amusement... OK let me get to the point. Why won't people post, and still no one has even answered the Tupma riddle (is it even that hard  ::) :-\) and no one has even complimented me exept for gunner after laghing at my mistake ( it was my first time on image shack, cut me some slack  :-\ :'(). Since you people haven't even requested a new picture I will just give you one ( actually a slide show enjoy you lazy bums.)

http://img149.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img149%2F3318%2F11426363126xk.smil

Alright as seen in the slideshow this is an Anubian ritual. the Anubian race pray to two gods, the god of death Anubis (yes I know it's still unoriginal but go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis and it proves that he is the lord of the dead) the second god is the god of life, Anput (who is mentioned in the link above as Anubis's "wife", ironically they are now divorce because I say so and she is now the Anubian god of life ;D ). The Anubians prey to them in rituals by sacrificing one living and one dead "thing" and they believe the gods will answer to their prayer in a different matter depending on which god the Anubian wanted to contact and by spitting and smashing against the law of science that we believe, in it works.

Edit:P.S. help the needy by posting on this thread ;D and keeping it alive
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:55:03 pm by a13gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 06:24:17 pm »
Okay, I'm posting in your thread. One to say please don't double post.  ;) Two to say you really don't need to beg people to come and post, many read the threads but don't post. I do that alot but just because I don't post about it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing the creatures. Three to say I did look at your creature and its very nice. Your using it as your avatar. I looked at your slideshow too. Keep it up. :)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 06:48:09 pm »
Thanks  :). I've reread my thread and it does sound kinda beggish but when I write it I'm laghing because I write it with a drama feel strictly for comedy and it seems to reach others in a beggish feel, if it confuses others I will stop it. About the double post thats my bad, for that I'm sorry. thank you for the comment about the avatar and I've noticed you have changed yours also from the Sim version too.

EDIT: To avoid another double post I'll write here some of the basic qualities of a Anubian. As mention before only males have wings, why? I'll reveal that another day. Anubians are Strong, fast (top speeds of 25- 35 mph depending on fitness and health), and are good alone or in hunting packs. Also Anubians aren't born with those muscles they work under extreme conditions to make the most of their time (because of lack of entertainment). A healthy Anubian will live up to 100 years give or take. Anubians aren't that good with weapons like swords of spears but can use firearms but when unarmed they use their claws. The basic fighting style is a quick dash towards the opponent with a even faster slash and then back and circle the enemy and continue to slash and dash at different critical parts. They train this style by Attaching boulders around 2-6 feet in diameter to their wrist, hands, ankles, hips, and sometimes their back. Training under these conditions help them get faster, stronger and burn off a lot of fat :D. Anubians do participate in family which have one male, one or two females, and 1-4 children. When there are children the parents take turn hunting and teaching the pups hunting techniques. Sometimes on big hunts when both parents need to hunt they leave their children to the elders who are too old to hunt but are very wise in the art of hunting. When the pups reach puberty or when the boys wings develop or when the girls get a look sharper they are put in training missions and if theypass they become full fledged adults and can hunt with the other adults. the test has three parts combat, tactics, and intelligence. combat is a test where they go one on one with the examiner, tactics is when they have to command five Anubians to hunt down a Mamasog, and last is intelligence where the have to solve hunting questions and solve puzzles. Not all adult Anubians have to hunt but do have to pass the beginners test. Those with high intelligence can become doctores or scientist while does with high tactic score can become squad commanders, high combat scores become guardians or hunters.

When the Anubians leave to space after the prey in Tupma ( the fishstick from Mr.wizard is still up for grabs to anyone who figures out the secret behind the name) was dangerously low. They traveled the galaxies hunting down criminals or exotic aliens for profit and food.

OK since I Had some spare time I decided to draw the good people of gaming Steve a picture of some of the Anubian weapons http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anubianweps6oz.jpg

Now I will explain these shiny weapons

The first one is a nobrainer, a glove with sharp claws on it. Some animals on tupma have hides too thick for a normal Anubian claw, so they have made a glove and put sharpened blade that range in material from copper to diamond to slice these tough creatures to pieces. Combining these sharp claws with the Anubians quick speeds can really cause some damage. The next one has already been mentioned, a large rock that is held of put on to help in training. The one for the back is not there because of lack of space but it's basically the one in the bottom only bigger. Although it's more of a training tool more then a weapon and that it's hard to use, in the hands of a master this is one destructive fighting glove and something that you would want to avoid if you are in the receiving end.

Now for the guns. First up is a netgun. You place it on your shoulder and it keeps it comfy with a nice soft cushion. This is a useful weapon for capturing prey even tough it only brings one shot. Pull the trigger and a net stickefied by a Grey gluewhich is harvested from a native plant is fire at whatever you were aiming at. If you miss your one shot don't worry you have a back up. If you pull the black rod the same sticky substance is fired out up to 15 FEET depending on how mush pressure you put on, to stop you prey in it's tracks. The goo can be fire at many key points, the feet for obvious reason to stop the prey, the eyes to blind them, and the mouth to shut them up. this netgun has a maximum range of 20 feet (thats for the net, the goo goes 15 at max). The next one at first look like a sniper and it kinda is. it's a sniper for poisonus darts. Each clip holds 14 shots. The poisons very in strengh depending on what you have, you can get powerful acids to kill or weak venom to weaken or put to sleep. When a dart is loaded it is fill by the poison and fired accurately to up to 50 Feet. Because there was no room for a scope, a laser was fitted into the sniper. Also because sniper are no good at close range a sharp blade is melded into the weapon.

Edit again: Wow today is a boring day and I have anotherpicture for you viewers, I give yo the Anubian galaxy
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2249/theanubiansolarsystem4qu.jpg

It seems to have come out a bit small but I will explain its contents. Now because I love nothing More then a good game, the names of every thing in this map has a little secret that is soooo obvious that it's the last thing you'll think of and if nobody figures it out by the time I reach page three if I get that far i will reveal the secret and it will tell you a big chunk of the anubian language.

Now first is the sun called Thirb, it jut an average sun, nothing different from our sun. The first planet I named Sibuna (you'll know why I named it that if you figure out the obvious secret behind the name as with all other celestial objects). It's a barren land with no life, just a lifeless rock. Now is the second planet Tupma, the home the Anubians and other exotic creatures. It has one moon called Anunoom (now this one is extremely obvious). The planet is in the perfect position to get nice rays so it ended up looking like a one giant tropical jungel. There are flatplains though because of bad soil. Last is Etiadar, a unlucky planet filled with radioactive gases that will incinerate your skin from miles away, it a supersized nuclear planet. To make matters worst the planet is in the middle on an asteroid field so when meteors plunge right through it they come out cover in radioactive gas. This planet has one Moon called Egnach and this moon is one big piece in Anubian history (why? that is a story for another day 8) ). I will tell you this, every 100 thousand years or so they moon with its long slow oval obit around Etiadar it gets closer to Tupma and when it reaches a certain point something amazing happens and that mystical event is what made the Anubians what they are today. I will tell the secret when this thread gets to half of page two farewell and keep guessing at those names ;D 8).

Edit again: Wow this is starting to get long. Lady m wasn't kidding when she said that there are alot of people who don't post and apparently they're the only ones who visit this thread. well i have a present for my pleasant viewers and i mean that in a literal way Here you go http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4655/untitled2en1.jpg

Now I admit this is not my finest work but I'm kinda distracted, maybe some other day I'll fix it but there is one thing About this picture that you should pay attention to and no it's not the munchkins strangeling eachother. The supprise is that this photo has an actual female in it and not only that two, no you can compare males and females. there isn't much else just an average day when a dad teaches his children how properly strangle a victim.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 05:14:26 pm by a13gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!