Author Topic: Retro/Preview Suggestion  (Read 2082 times)

Offline DogFacedGod

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Retro/Preview Suggestion
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:45:26 am »
Hullo All,

I discovered this site while looking up Oblivion info and found Steve's interview with Pete Hines.  I have since downloaded and listened to all the archived shows.  This is a great site and podcast and I plan on sticking around for a while.

One thing I like about the podcast are the retro-reviews of older and sometimes obscure games.  I always root for the little guy in the big corporate world of gaming.  One game that I think deserves attention is The Fool's Errand, published by Miles Computing for the Mac in 1987.  The mastermind behind this puzzle game is Cliff Johnson, who is also working on a sequel called The Fool and His Money which is slated for release (self published by Cliff) on April 24th.

Has anyone else ever played the original?  It's an addicting game and highly recommended...you can download it (and a Mac emulator to play it) for free from Cliff's site.  I love all games and I'd love these games get some exposure.  Cliff is a great guy and will reply to your emails. 

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"  -Calvin
"I'm not sure that man needs the help."   -Hobbes

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Retro/Preview Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:52:16 pm »
One thing I like about the podcast are the retro-reviews of older and sometimes obscure games.  I always root for the little guy in the big corporate world of gaming.  One game that I think deserves attention is The Fool's Errand, published by Miles Computing for the Mac in 1987.  The mastermind behind this puzzle game is Cliff Johnson, who is also working on a sequel called The Fool and His Money which is slated for release (self published by Cliff) on April 24th.

Has anyone else ever played the original?  It's an addicting game and highly recommended...you can download it (and a Mac emulator to play it) for free from Cliff's site.  I love all games and I'd love these games get some exposure.  Cliff is a great guy and will reply to your emails. 

Way ahead of you. Did a write up of this a few months ago:

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2005/10/the_forgotten_g_1.php

Cliff actually wrote me after I did the little retroreview. I loved The Fool's Errand and Three in Three. Looking forward to the new release.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline DogFacedGod

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Retro/Preview Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 01:06:32 pm »
Sweet!  Sorry I missed that.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"  -Calvin
"I'm not sure that man needs the help."   -Hobbes