Author Topic: Urgent! Vote To Undelete Steve's Article Now Quickly!  (Read 10869 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Urgent! Vote To Undelete Steve's Article Now Quickly!
« on: March 14, 2006, 02:01:19 pm »
Someone (Probably Dozzy) Has nominated Steve's Article for undeletion. While there's still time Everyone, Quickly, Rush over to Wikipedia and vote (Preferably with an account) To undelete it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review#Steven_Glicker
And be sure to follow the right steps to do so.

Directions (Thanks to Mr.Wizard):
1. If you are not registered: Just go here : http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup
2. Then sign in: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Special:Userlogout
3. Then go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review#Steven_Glicker
4. Then post/vote/comment favorably, and give a good reason. At least 3 sentences.
5. Then dont worry, Hopefully the Wikipedia will keep him on.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:27:26 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Vote To Undelete Steve's Article Now Quickly!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:21:22 pm »
Some one might want to mention that it is "Stephen Glicker" not "Steven Glicker" (with the ph).

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Urgent! Vote To Undelete Steve's Article Now Quickly!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »
Okay, done.

:-*

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 02:56:48 pm »
Great! So far it's a tie of deletes and Undeletes. Keep on voting for undelete guys! (well, I mean one vote per person but you get the idea)

Edit: Untied, Thank you syphonbyte, whereever you may be. ;)

We only need 4 more votes to get a 3/4ths majority. If you haven't voted yet do so quickly!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:24:22 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 06:31:24 pm »
Who is the asshat that is so determined to have this article stay in deletion anyway?

I mean, there are so many other articles that are more appropriate for deletion than this one.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 09:06:18 pm »
Remember that often in a deletion vote, it doesn't look good for one side to pull out a lot of new members on wiki. Also, numbers don't always matter. Either way, those who support restoration are making very valid points compared to those voting for deletion.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »
That brenneman is not one of the smartest, He still has not enough evidence  :-\
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 12:03:13 pm »
Someone posted that I had never contributed before under my post but I have been registered there for a year and have made contributions before!

Its just that the article got deleted so it deleted my contributions too!

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 12:42:23 pm »
Remember that often in a deletion vote, it doesn't look good for one side to pull out a lot of new members on wiki. Also, numbers don't always matter. Either way, those who support restoration are making very valid points compared to those voting for deletion.

Then Why does it still feel like we're losing? :(

I don't think anyone is truly out to get us on this, but Splash (A moderator there) seems to more more then determined to try to keep us from claiming noteabillity by completely ignoring the evidance we put forth.

Come on people, they've got it back to a tie, We need more votes, please! PLEASE! (If you haven't voted yet please do so. and Try to add a constructive comment about it's noteabillity.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:12:00 pm by sgore »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 07:05:53 pm »
Well, not sure what this means but someone just emailed me with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Glicker

I guess I might end up in there one way or another! Very strange all this attention on me.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 07:07:12 pm »
Very strange all this attention on me.

Wow, you're modest. You only have the biggest Spore Forum, 2 interviews with WW, WW as a member on your forum, and to top it off, a great podcast.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 07:10:56 pm »
Since he posted the company does that mean I can finally use it (The Fact you started that company) for the undeletion thing? It would really help my case Not too long from now mods will see that and and realize the article is still up for undeletion, and that'll be promptly deleted, really hurting my case

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 07:13:37 pm »
Since he posted the company does that mean I can finally use it (The Fact you started that company) for the undeletion thing? It would really help my case Not too long from now mods will see that and and realize the article is still up for undeletion, and that'll be promptly deleted, really hurting my case
Not to mention that if the person who made that IP address is among the votes being cast, it could really be bad.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:16:38 pm »
Spizzma? I think he has an account here, but he never voted so he's been unaware of it. still it will surface and unless we can use his company's name in the argument (Like it says in the article) we cannot get anyone to change their votes. Have we your permission steve?

Edit: What the heckuba? You've had it listed on this site the whole time in the about you section?! I thought there was some whole thing and... well Thank goodness. Now I can finally mention it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 07:22:22 pm by sgore »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:28 pm »

Oh yeah, you can mention SuperNova all you want now. All NDAs and such that I had are now expired.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve