Author Topic: Blogging software?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Mikempty

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Blogging software?
« on: April 25, 2006, 04:34:08 am »
Lo all,

So far no where i've posted has anyone had any really good suggestions or ideas, so hopefully someone here might!

Basically i've run a blog for the past few years using wordpress, well over time my blog got riddled with spam posts, no fixes I could find would fix the issue(When it comes to php and such, i'm not overly savvy with it). Eventually I turned off comments completely just to save myself the hassle of deleting thousands of comments total on all the posts. I switched to Bblog later, and eventually the same issue occured, spam comments.

So, the question i'm posing is those of you who know anything about php or blogging software, does anyone have any good suggestions so that this can be curbed, or am I just perpetually screwed?

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogging software?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:37:56 am »
Just go to a site like Greatestjournal.com or something if you just want to write out a journal you it's free and if you really want to you can have it so only you can read it or share it with who ever is bored and browsing blogs randomly.

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there as well there are plenty of choices out there.

Offline Mikempty

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 04:40:56 am »
Yeah, I know can run it through another site, but personally i've had this domain for a few years and it's hosted for free by a friend that has a hosting company so it's not a huge deal, I enjoy running it through there, just wish there was a fairly simplisitic way to get rid of the damn spam comments.
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 04:57:00 am »
Can you disable all commenting? you can do that If you don't mind not having anyone comment at all.

Offline Mikempty

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:06:22 am »
Yeah, I can disable commenting which i've done in the past, but I like having the ability for people to comment :P That's the catch 22 :P