Author Topic: gundam  (Read 13442 times)

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
  • GUNDAMS RULLLLLLLLLLE, also Modaraters scare me
    • View Profile
Re: gundam
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 09:17:11 pm »
Ok
GUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMS

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 04:37:10 am »
Please do not double, triple or more post. If you need to add another thought to your thread, use the button at the top right of your page.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 07:36:17 am »
I love Gundam so friggin much!

I own 08th MS Team on DVD, I will own Gundam Wing soon, Endless Waltz, etc.

It is a sweet show for those who like 75ft robots blowing things up, or if you're like me you like all the polotics too.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 06:35:39 pm »
TheShark I wish to be friends and I sent you a pm

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:35 pm »
ok, having seen gundam 0083 and gundam wing... i know to ignore gundam wing for being crap.

0083 was gritty.  they had to go through the actual process of flying a fleet of spaceships in war.  without spoiling it, let's just say that fuel was a prime concern.  so was realistic orbital mechanics.  at no point did anyone ever "just go there".

gwahir.  you implied the gundam was inferior because it had too much equipment.  1) do you see those huge things on the shoulders and knees?  those are functional rockets.  scorpius doesn't have those.  it can't operate in space and is easily outmaneuvered on the ground.  2) if the scorpius is really superior, then why is the cockpit so painfully exposed?  the gundam cockpit is safe behind layers of armor.  if a certain sensor package happens to be shaped like a human face, what of it?  indeed, overall the gundam is much better armored.  this added bulk would make it slow, were it not for the greatly enhanced agility offered by the rockets.  3) the scorpius weapons are larger and (assuming equal tech level) more powerful than those of the gundam  the gundam has greater versatility with more weapon types, but still is less powerful.  except that 4) the scorpius is clunky.  the weapons are (to all appearances) fire-linked and must be moved like a turret.  the gundam has humanlike hands to control the weapons and with a skilled pilot could do so with much greater aptitude.  regardless of it's speed the scorpius is a clumsy ground-pounder while the gundam is an angelic extension of the pilot's will.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 10:43:41 pm »
Leng, You Rock! Of Course a Gundam is superior to a Mobile Suit, it's because of there Gundanium alloy armour(The Layers of armour)That allows maneuverablity also note how Gundams are better equipped for battle in any terrain wether it be Space, Land, Sea or Air, Mobile Suits are inferior designs, whose technoligy fell in to the Earth Forces Hands and after Years of research the Gundams were brought to war.

FYI Scorpius is not a Gundam it's a Mobile Suit

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 10:56:32 pm »
wtf ever.

i said it was maneuverable DESPITE the heavy armor.  because of the rockets.  wait, are you being sarcastic or not?  in any case the gundams are superior by virtue of being vastly more expensive, so it evens out.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Gwahir

• Missile Commander
  • Every so often, you need a really big explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2006, 12:32:01 am »
actually I should have noted the cockpit being so exposed but figured everyone would see that I chose those images as random examples like I said.  I didn't mean people to analyze those images because I really just saw a couple images and picked them up.

I still say that a humanoid form in space is inefficient.  Every single movement of every single limb or finger is going to effect orientation, at least in a small way.

Again I note that I am fairly ignorant of gundum, but at the end of the day, a nice simple system with minimal moving parts that remains useful is often the best choice.  The less that can go wrong in battle the better.
Celestial billiards is fun!

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2006, 01:07:39 pm »
*Clears throat and Points to Gundam Hell Fire*GUNDAMS RULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2006, 10:11:54 pm »
thats really ebaressing. dude, sly coopers clockwork was totally the greatest robot ever made in the history of time. gundams are really pointy. i feel prickles just by looking at them. :P the cockpit I think wass well protected on most gundams. and gameses, thats spam
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2006, 05:03:58 am »
. and gameses, thats spam

well saidá ;)

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2006, 11:13:12 am »
O....k ~_^ bye

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 02:10:52 pm »

well saidá ;)
I feel my respect for Aname... growing! Its a miracle! Aname, you my friend are alright :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 05:56:17 pm »
I'll admit I love Gundam Wing, great show loved the mobile suits in it. However the show I liked the best was the one with that squad of Leos fighting in the jungle, it was real gritty fromt he view of the actual ground soldiers in normal suits. Was that 0083? I have to say I was horribly dissapointed with Gundam Seed, I'd rather go play Front Misison 3 than watch that show. Wansers FTW!
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 08:46:56 pm »

well said  ;)
I feel my respect for Aname... growing! Its a miracle! Aname, you my friend are alright :D

thanks, ive cleaned up my act alot, I havent really posted on any other forum, so im new. and thanks again :D
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.