0 (0%)
B
3 (50%)
C
1 (16.7%)
D
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: SBD's RPG  (Read 14758 times)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: SBD's RPG
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 10:18:20 pm »
I like tails.  :-\
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
not gonna wait for the tie to break (and no more rhymes, for goodness' sake :D)

B&C win.
with the sudden, and vast improvement in food, and change in habitat, the spocdabats undertake an evolution the like of which is unseen in millenia. with a dazzling array of flora and fauna, the echo-location becomes overloaded and ineffective. however, the water is much clearer, and the things around the spocdabats take on a wide pallete of colours; so the multitude of eyes form 3 eyes- one looking straight ahead and one on each side of the creature's head looking out at an oblique angle. not only does this retain the depth perception and the wide angle of sight inherint of many eyes, but the reduced number means that each eye can see in farther, clearer and in colour for the first time.
new predators means that the system of travel no longer works, as our creatures are to slow. the ventral tentacles move to the back of the body, and mutate into limbs with a hip joint, and two knees equidistant from each end of the limb (basicaly meaning the limb is divided into thirds with a knee in between each third). the limb splits of into three toes at the ankle joint with two able to move forward and one able to move back. these can flatten to form a paddle for better movement. the sinister and dexter tentacles slighty under the body and shorten, to create limbs similar to our own arms, however the hand consist of two fingers and an opposable 'thumb', which when the spocdabat grasps something (usually prey) move in between the fingers.
the spocdabats live happily in their enviroment for a few millenia, but this changes over a few hundred years. the water level lowers to roughly a 3 quaters of it's original level and the delta becomes crowded with dozens of new species, who upset the balance of things. the predators amoung these new-comers eat much of the spocdabt's prey. while this shouldn't be a problem for our creatures as their prey can easily be replaced, the spocdabats, and even larger animals up on the food chain are being targeted. what should we do?

a-become amphibious
b-move further up the river
c- evolve (again) to eat bigger prey
d- die, so we can play ping-pong with god (votes for d will be discounted as i can't think of anything serious for it)

the spocdabats (shudders) shall now be known as...

the podepheli!
(singular- podephelus)
please tell me if this is no better then spocdabat.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:05:56 am by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 03:10:12 am »
A wins.

with life threatended from the newcomers, the podepheli sensed that they had to move. instinct told them that moving out into the open ocean was suicide, and the situation was just as bad further up stream. over the next few hundred years, some of the podepheli gradually moved to the surface. while some of the poor buggers were mysteriously snatched from the water and were never seen again, those that weren't survived long enough to develop the proper organs to breath the strange substance that existed above. the podepheli that stayed in the depths of the delta (it's probably only a few metres deep but whatever) eventually were eaten, while the ones that could breath started to move onto the surface. with plenty of food to sustain growth, an adult podephelus could grow to 40cm in length. but the podepheli can only push themselves along the ground, as the double-knee legs make it difficult to move. eventually one of the knees is dropped, and the creatures walk and swim like many other four legged creature.
the podepheli live in partly submerged burrows, and half of their prey comes from the river and delta. but with the new found paradise abve the surface, is it time to say goodbye to the delta?

A/B: yes- become fully land-dwelling
C/D: no- stay with the sea

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 10:21:04 pm »
Hey its 3 to 1 land wins... UPDATE!
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2006, 03:00:19 am »
sorry, ive been preoccupied with the dreksesthai.

righto, AB wins.

with an abundance of natural resources land, the podepheli eventually leave the rivermouth and spread out across the immidiate area- along the coast and up the banks of the river. the population swells and the podepheli brain develops. they use rocks to open shells, fallen trees to cross the river and various tools. they live in large burrows, and reproduce like mammals and are warm blooded. and then, after millions of years of existence, a podepheli did something i that no other creature has done before: it stood up. with it's hands free to pick fruit, defend itself and create better tools, the podepheli are nearly at the end of the road of being a mere animal, they are about to enter the gate of sentience. they need to take just one more step, but what step shall it be? (that just may be the cheesiest thing i have ever heard, but whatever)

A: build simple shelters
B: make more complex tools
C: develop a more advanced langauge
D: burry their dead

they will get all of these in a couple of updates' time, just need to think of what will happen next :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2006, 09:17:49 am »
You mean sapience, but I'm picking D because tool use is great but nothing beats burying your dead.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2006, 09:34:38 am »
You mean sapience, but I'm picking D because tool use is great but nothing beats burying your dead.

Indeed. D is the best way to go, by far.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 12:14:48 pm »
D seems good but why no just eat them so that there spirit will be passed from it to the podepheli that are eating it so that its soul wont wonder around and haunt the podepheli but its too soon to have a religion now ,right?

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:47 am »
Humans also developed language sometime during the Paleolithic period, as well as a conceptual repertoire that included systematic burial of the dead, which strongly suggests that the belief in an afterlife originated far before organised religion.

so their you go, flamester. thats from wikipedia.
D wins. anyway, it's nearly 11:00pm over here, so i'll update in the morning. 

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2006, 10:44:12 am »
11 pm is the morning its 12:43pm over here im the good ol U.S of A and i see the bright yella sun in the sky.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2006, 09:11:02 pm »
11 pm is the morning its 12:43pm over here im the good ol U.S of A and i see the bright yella sun in the sky.
huh?
i can't actually think of a way to make those options happen in any order, so im just gonna give the podepheli all of them and advance a couple of thousand years. sorry.

as the brain of the podepheli developed into it's final form, their level of thinking advanced. they left their burrows and started to develop simple shelters. these were nothing more then a bunch of big sticks leant, covered in leaves and leant up against a vertical surface, but it was a start. they also developed tools consisting of two or more parts, usually a rock and an aproprietly shaped stick, all bound together with simple twine or resin. but it was not just the physiscal side of living that advanced, but cultural. they developed langauge in order to communicate thoughts, emotions and the like. they also started to burry their dead, not only out of practicality (what else would they do with it?), but becuase they believed that their was something after death. this was all great for several thousand years, but the podepheli were on the verge of another breakthrough. but what shall that breakthrough be?

A: fire!
B: even more complex shelters
C: clothing
D: written langauge 

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 01:04:21 pm »
D: Written Language, as i would love to see a highly cultural race.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 02:06:38 pm »
D. how do you gain knowledge for guns if you keep forgetting how to make them. :P
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 03:46:46 pm »
Update please
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 04:55:38 pm »
sorry guys, ive gone back to school, so don't expect updates on more then a weekly basis. I'll update when i get home.