0 (0%)
B
3 (50%)
C
1 (16.7%)
D
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: SBD's RPG  (Read 14753 times)

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
Re: SBD's RPG
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
A, the 4 fins has made it fast and agile, with developing a close range eye site good reaction speed is a logical thing that comes with it. It's better to see many of what's close and dangerous, then only a bit of what's far away and only threathening.

..although...hmm, that depends on how well he can turn that eye around him to scan his surroundings.  ARGH, i can't take back my vote to vote D...

Personal art galleries:

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 09:00:17 pm »
-1 vote for A, +1 vote for D. :)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
with madgiraffes's changed vote its a tie, more votes please.
and more replies!

i refuse to post the next change until someone else replies >:(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:54:40 pm by SBD »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 05:08:14 am »
I think I voted D. So there you go update  ;)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 02:58:01 am »
Its a tie between A and D, so i'll include both.

A/D wins.

over the next few million years, the rudimentary light sensitive cell on our creature's 'head' become far more sensitive, turning into several fully-fledged eyes. these eyes gave nearly 180 deg. of vision to the front, giving our creatures a very fast reaction time, even though they can't see very far. to counter this, our creatures developed cells on the sides of their heads which were sensitive to touch and sound. these later developed into ears, and our creatures could emit ultrasonic sqeaks, which would bounce of surrounding objects and give them a map of the area in their mind. this became more and more complex, and eventually could see dozens of meters in a similar field of their eyes. with this new pair of abilities, our creatures (which for now will be named spocdabats: spider+octapus+bat, i know it's bad but it will do for now)can easily evade predators, hide from them and even sneek up of them.
what should the spocdabats do?

A: move out into the river mouth
B: keep hiding from predators
C: develop more complex limbs
D: the hunted become the hunters- bwahaha...

i might post a picture soon, but you guys a free to do them if you want

it's up for 7 days, and i still only have two votes. i wonder whether this is really worth running.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 03:58:01 am by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 09:08:59 pm »
bump.

More votes, people!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 04:05:52 am »
what the hell, i'll update anyway. the post might get busier as we advance further.

D wins

after hundreds of years of hiding from predators, our spocdabats become more and more brazen. instead of just waiting for the threat to pass, they shoot out of their hiding places, right under the noses of their attackers. after a while, they start making defensive attacks against the predators (which are basically really small pirahnas, by the way) when no shelter is available or to aid in their escape. these attacks eventually developed into offensive attacks, after the spocdabats who made lots of such attacks lived longer. the nutrients gained by the meat fuelled increased brain capacity and physical change, and the spocdabats came to rely on the meat, forgoing the vegetation as a food source. this meant that the spocdabats developed a digestive system fully geared towards carnivirous living- canine teeth, a and a digestive system to match. the spocdabats also split into two separate sub-species: Spocdabatus Cephelapodicius, and Spocdabatus Chondrichthyes.
Cephelapodicius retains the two pairs tentecles, and attacks from hiding places and pounces on close prey, because they are still quite short sighted and the tentacles only provide quick bursts of speed.
Chondrichthyes' ventral fins move further back, and become webbed feat type things. the sinister and dexter (wikipedia is your friend) tentacles stay were they are but also become fins. this layout gives the Chondrichthyes a faster overall speed, and high manuverability, but no bursts. Chondrichthyes will spot their prey from a further distance (because of vastly improves eyesight but diminished echo-location) and chase it until the prey slows down or makes a tactical error and moves into the jaws of another Chondrichthyes.

however, the spocdabats have reached the top of the food change rather quickly and the ecosystem has not devised a way to stop over eating. this means that sources of meat run low, and something must be done soon or the spocdabats will starve.

i'm gonna do another two part vote. this part will be for which type of spocdabat will survive (Chondrichthyes or Cephelapodicius). once this vote is counted, I'll post options for the next part the food crisis- a possible exodus from the tide pools.

who will survive?
A/B: Cephelapodicius- the one that remains squid-like
C/D: Chondrichthyes- the one that becomes fish-like

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 05:40:41 pm »
why is it that the ones i want to win never do? oh well.

A/B wins

the adaptation of the Cephelapodicius proves successful. their prey becomes faster and can outrun and evade the Chondrichthyes, but the Cephelapodicius can still make sneak attacks against their prey. the lack of food for the Chondrichthyes means that they eventually die out. without the competition from Chondrichthyes, Cephelapodicius begins to over eat. (i know i've done this before but this is probably how it is in real evolution) the grass is always greener on the other side, so Cephelapodicius needs to leave the tide pools.

but where should we go?

A: into the ocean
B: into the delta at the mouth of a near by river
C: into some underwater caves of a near by cliffy area
D: an inland lake (i'll think of a way to get there)

a spocdabat is now rough the size of a coffee mug.
somebody vote C!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:07:44 am by SBD »

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 05:23:35 am »
I vote C because its cool to live in a cave
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 08:49:11 am »
You get cool stuff in rivers and in river estuaries.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:44 pm »
A a is bigger and well squids live in the ocean also what happend to the other threads like this?
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 06:46:15 am »
Flamster, Daxx and Detoxicated; you will be entered into the annals of history as the Chosen of SBD, for you are the only ones who have replied. i think 7 votes is an all time record al well.

In other news, B wins.

our spocdabats, in order to improve the situation, gradually spread out to seak greener pastures. every now and again, at high tide, our creatures would leave the tide pools. some went out into the ocean, which was teaming with prey, but they entered to low on the food chain and none survived. but others traveled up the coast (no more then 100 metres or so) to a delta at the mouth of a river. without room far large predators, the spocdabats are high enough on the food chain survive but low enough to avoid over population. food becomes even more sparce in the tide pools, and a large amount of spocdabats swim to their deaths in the ocean. Soon the delta dwelling spocdabtas are the only surviving group. with enough food to develop, our spocdabts are again changing. but how?

A: they become amphibious
B: their eyesight develops
C: their tentacles become limb-like
D: they develop an eel-like tail (im out of ideas if this one seems dumb :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 11:44:45 am »
I'm voting amphibious - as the old saying goes, if you can't survive successfully in the water try living on the land.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »
tentacle limbs :D
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 05:12:47 pm »
B they better we see the more camoflauged prey we can eat.(why dont WE have camoflauge?)
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.