0 (0%)
B
3 (50%)
C
1 (16.7%)
D
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: SBD's RPG  (Read 14567 times)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
SBD's RPG
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:50:10 am »
everyone knows how these work, so im not gonna explain. i should just tell you that daily updates may not be possible, but they will happen once a week, at the absolute least.

The home planet of our creature is one not unlike our own, but somewhat colder. It is temperate (or mediteranean) around the equator, with a European-esque climate around the tropics, with tundra after that. our story begins somewhere around the equator, in some coastal tide pools. our cell clusters have been minding their own business for a few thousand years, until a very big, but rather clumsy cell comes along and distrupts the ecosystem. we are far to small to try and fight the agressors, so we must run away. but how?

A: develop small hair 'propellers', good directional movement but poor speed
B: develop a tail, good speed but poor directional movement
C: develop a snail-like system to hide under rocks
D: develop a thougher more flexible membrane, we will move like a jellyfish
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:52:32 am by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: SBD's RPG
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:53:11 am »
c'mon people, i wanna know your reasons for voting! this post looks really empty if you dont reply.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:58:56 am »
One thing, put more time and thus words in the story/description ;).

But it's ok.

I chose A, because the bigger cell is rather clumsy, so the cell is better off to be good at something the bigger cell isn't good at. There isn't info on how fast he is compared to the smaller cell, so good directional movement control is more handy I think. It also allows from better catching food with more accuracy.

Personal art galleries:

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:01:49 pm »
one more vote for A or B please.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:28:01 pm »
A as for the mentioned reasons
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:56:31 pm »
A wins.

our cell clusters can now easily out monuvour(sp) the predator cell clusters. but the predator's over eating, and the newly eqiuped hairs mean that absorbing smaller cells clusters or single cells no longer provide the sustanance for survival. it is obvious that a better means of eating is needed, or even a new food source.

A:develop more complex system of eating (eats plankton and organic debris)
B:develop better senses (basic sense of feeling)
C:develop photosynthesis
D:**can't think of anything else. votes for D will be ignored :P**

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:59:48 am by SBD »

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:01:11 pm »
A
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 09:14:45 pm »
your supposed to vote on the poll, not here.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 04:23:46 pm »
i have a feeling that photosynthesis is a evolutionary dead-end, so i'll go with A, the runner-up.

after several generations, the clusters develop a reletively simple digestive system. they now had a small 'mouth', with which they could filter plankton and eat small amounts of decaying biological matter, of both plants and animals. with this extra food, the clusters grew enormously, and developed the eating system even further, as well as growing small organs and a basic brain, but are still effectivley blind to their surroundings. however, the old system of propolsion no longer creates enough thrust to move, so now it is little more then a fury covering.

A: develop small legs on the back of the creature
B: develop fins and a fish-like tail
C: develop an eel-like tail
D: tentacles!

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 07:17:15 pm »
How is that a dead end? That is a way of eating, a new way to survive. And i voted for C:develop an eel-like tail

Ditto. What is wrong with photosynthesis?  ???
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 09:09:03 pm »
the problem is, is that once you start to photosynthesise, you have all the requirments for life- food and water. this means that you dont need adaptations to hunt etc, such as eyes, teeth and a complex system of organs, which in turn require a brain. i apologise to the people who voted, it wont happen again (unless it under extreme circumstances)

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 12:54:47 am »
the problem is, is that once you start to photosynthesise, you have all the requirments for life- food and water. this means that you dont need adaptations to hunt etc, such as eyes, teeth and a complex system of organs, which in turn require a brain. i apologise to the people who voted, it wont happen again (unless it under extreme circumstances)

Eh...introduction of unfortunate circumstances, simple, it isn't the only thing that is developing.

Personal art galleries:

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 11:27:33 am »
I vote for C

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 04:00:19 pm »
D wins

our clusters grow 2 pairs of tentacles: one on either side of the body and two underneath. both pairs are in line with each other and are about a third of their body length away from their mouth. they are now able to propell themselves at a significant speed, away from agressors and towards food sources. they have a basic underdstanding of thier surroundings, but this needs to improve, as predators are becoming more complex. either this, or we need a defensive system.

A/B:improve senses
C/D: develop defensive system

once one of these wins, i'll post again with your options.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:02:21 pm by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 03:59:07 pm »
A/B wins.

over the next few generations, our creature came under threat from more intelligent predators. running in the opposite direction of them is no longer adequate as they now hunt in pairs. this meant that we would run away from one, right into the jaws of another. So we developed new, better ways of pervieving the world around us. this came in the form of:

A:Spider-like eyes- good depth perception and peripheral vision but generaly poor sight(can't see very far)
B:a pair of eyes-good depth perception and range, but average peripheral vision
C:improved hearing
D:echo-location

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
A, the 4 fins has made it fast and agile, with developing a close range eye site good reaction speed is a logical thing that comes with it. It's better to see many of what's close and dangerous, then only a bit of what's far away and only threathening.

..although...hmm, that depends on how well he can turn that eye around him to scan his surroundings.  ARGH, i can't take back my vote to vote D...

Personal art galleries:

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 09:00:17 pm »
-1 vote for A, +1 vote for D. :)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
with madgiraffes's changed vote its a tie, more votes please.
and more replies!

i refuse to post the next change until someone else replies >:(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:54:40 pm by SBD »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 05:08:14 am »
I think I voted D. So there you go update  ;)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 02:58:01 am »
Its a tie between A and D, so i'll include both.

A/D wins.

over the next few million years, the rudimentary light sensitive cell on our creature's 'head' become far more sensitive, turning into several fully-fledged eyes. these eyes gave nearly 180 deg. of vision to the front, giving our creatures a very fast reaction time, even though they can't see very far. to counter this, our creatures developed cells on the sides of their heads which were sensitive to touch and sound. these later developed into ears, and our creatures could emit ultrasonic sqeaks, which would bounce of surrounding objects and give them a map of the area in their mind. this became more and more complex, and eventually could see dozens of meters in a similar field of their eyes. with this new pair of abilities, our creatures (which for now will be named spocdabats: spider+octapus+bat, i know it's bad but it will do for now)can easily evade predators, hide from them and even sneek up of them.
what should the spocdabats do?

A: move out into the river mouth
B: keep hiding from predators
C: develop more complex limbs
D: the hunted become the hunters- bwahaha...

i might post a picture soon, but you guys a free to do them if you want

it's up for 7 days, and i still only have two votes. i wonder whether this is really worth running.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 03:58:01 am by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 09:08:59 pm »
bump.

More votes, people!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 04:05:52 am »
what the hell, i'll update anyway. the post might get busier as we advance further.

D wins

after hundreds of years of hiding from predators, our spocdabats become more and more brazen. instead of just waiting for the threat to pass, they shoot out of their hiding places, right under the noses of their attackers. after a while, they start making defensive attacks against the predators (which are basically really small pirahnas, by the way) when no shelter is available or to aid in their escape. these attacks eventually developed into offensive attacks, after the spocdabats who made lots of such attacks lived longer. the nutrients gained by the meat fuelled increased brain capacity and physical change, and the spocdabats came to rely on the meat, forgoing the vegetation as a food source. this meant that the spocdabats developed a digestive system fully geared towards carnivirous living- canine teeth, a and a digestive system to match. the spocdabats also split into two separate sub-species: Spocdabatus Cephelapodicius, and Spocdabatus Chondrichthyes.
Cephelapodicius retains the two pairs tentecles, and attacks from hiding places and pounces on close prey, because they are still quite short sighted and the tentacles only provide quick bursts of speed.
Chondrichthyes' ventral fins move further back, and become webbed feat type things. the sinister and dexter (wikipedia is your friend) tentacles stay were they are but also become fins. this layout gives the Chondrichthyes a faster overall speed, and high manuverability, but no bursts. Chondrichthyes will spot their prey from a further distance (because of vastly improves eyesight but diminished echo-location) and chase it until the prey slows down or makes a tactical error and moves into the jaws of another Chondrichthyes.

however, the spocdabats have reached the top of the food change rather quickly and the ecosystem has not devised a way to stop over eating. this means that sources of meat run low, and something must be done soon or the spocdabats will starve.

i'm gonna do another two part vote. this part will be for which type of spocdabat will survive (Chondrichthyes or Cephelapodicius). once this vote is counted, I'll post options for the next part the food crisis- a possible exodus from the tide pools.

who will survive?
A/B: Cephelapodicius- the one that remains squid-like
C/D: Chondrichthyes- the one that becomes fish-like

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 05:40:41 pm »
why is it that the ones i want to win never do? oh well.

A/B wins

the adaptation of the Cephelapodicius proves successful. their prey becomes faster and can outrun and evade the Chondrichthyes, but the Cephelapodicius can still make sneak attacks against their prey. the lack of food for the Chondrichthyes means that they eventually die out. without the competition from Chondrichthyes, Cephelapodicius begins to over eat. (i know i've done this before but this is probably how it is in real evolution) the grass is always greener on the other side, so Cephelapodicius needs to leave the tide pools.

but where should we go?

A: into the ocean
B: into the delta at the mouth of a near by river
C: into some underwater caves of a near by cliffy area
D: an inland lake (i'll think of a way to get there)

a spocdabat is now rough the size of a coffee mug.
somebody vote C!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:07:44 am by SBD »

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 05:23:35 am »
I vote C because its cool to live in a cave

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 08:49:11 am »
You get cool stuff in rivers and in river estuaries.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:44 pm »
A a is bigger and well squids live in the ocean also what happend to the other threads like this?
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 06:46:15 am »
Flamster, Daxx and Detoxicated; you will be entered into the annals of history as the Chosen of SBD, for you are the only ones who have replied. i think 7 votes is an all time record al well.

In other news, B wins.

our spocdabats, in order to improve the situation, gradually spread out to seak greener pastures. every now and again, at high tide, our creatures would leave the tide pools. some went out into the ocean, which was teaming with prey, but they entered to low on the food chain and none survived. but others traveled up the coast (no more then 100 metres or so) to a delta at the mouth of a river. without room far large predators, the spocdabats are high enough on the food chain survive but low enough to avoid over population. food becomes even more sparce in the tide pools, and a large amount of spocdabats swim to their deaths in the ocean. Soon the delta dwelling spocdabtas are the only surviving group. with enough food to develop, our spocdabts are again changing. but how?

A: they become amphibious
B: their eyesight develops
C: their tentacles become limb-like
D: they develop an eel-like tail (im out of ideas if this one seems dumb :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 11:44:45 am »
I'm voting amphibious - as the old saying goes, if you can't survive successfully in the water try living on the land.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »
tentacle limbs :D

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 05:12:47 pm »
B they better we see the more camoflauged prey we can eat.(why dont WE have camoflauge?)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 10:18:20 pm »
I like tails.  :-\
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
not gonna wait for the tie to break (and no more rhymes, for goodness' sake :D)

B&C win.
with the sudden, and vast improvement in food, and change in habitat, the spocdabats undertake an evolution the like of which is unseen in millenia. with a dazzling array of flora and fauna, the echo-location becomes overloaded and ineffective. however, the water is much clearer, and the things around the spocdabats take on a wide pallete of colours; so the multitude of eyes form 3 eyes- one looking straight ahead and one on each side of the creature's head looking out at an oblique angle. not only does this retain the depth perception and the wide angle of sight inherint of many eyes, but the reduced number means that each eye can see in farther, clearer and in colour for the first time.
new predators means that the system of travel no longer works, as our creatures are to slow. the ventral tentacles move to the back of the body, and mutate into limbs with a hip joint, and two knees equidistant from each end of the limb (basicaly meaning the limb is divided into thirds with a knee in between each third). the limb splits of into three toes at the ankle joint with two able to move forward and one able to move back. these can flatten to form a paddle for better movement. the sinister and dexter tentacles slighty under the body and shorten, to create limbs similar to our own arms, however the hand consist of two fingers and an opposable 'thumb', which when the spocdabat grasps something (usually prey) move in between the fingers.
  the spocdabats live happily in their enviroment for a few millenia, but this changes over a few hundred years. the water level lowers to roughly a 3 quaters of it's original level and the delta becomes crowded with dozens of new species, who upset the balance of things. the predators amoung these new-comers eat much of the spocdabt's prey. while this shouldn't be a problem for our creatures as their prey can easily be replaced, the spocdabats, and even larger animals up on the food chain are being targeted. what should we do?

a-become amphibious
b-move further up the river
c- evolve (again) to eat bigger prey
d- die, so we can play ping-pong with god (votes for d will be discounted as i can't think of anything serious for it)

the spocdabats (shudders) shall now be known as...

the podepheli!
(singular- podephelus)
please tell me if this is no better then spocdabat.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:05:56 am by SBD »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 03:10:12 am »
A wins.

with life threatended from the newcomers, the podepheli sensed that they had to move. instinct told them that moving out into the open ocean was suicide, and the situation was just as bad further up stream. over the next few hundred years, some of the podepheli gradually moved to the surface. while some of the poor buggers were mysteriously snatched from the water and were never seen again, those that weren't survived long enough to develop the proper organs to breath the strange substance that existed above. the podepheli that stayed in the depths of the delta (it's probably only a few metres deep but whatever) eventually were eaten, while the ones that could breath started to move onto the surface. with plenty of food to sustain growth, an adult podephelus could grow to 40cm in length. but the podepheli can only push themselves along the ground, as the double-knee legs make it difficult to move. eventually one of the knees is dropped, and the creatures walk and swim like many other four legged creature.
the podepheli live in partly submerged burrows, and half of their prey comes from the river and delta. but with the new found paradise abve the surface, is it time to say goodbye to the delta?

A/B: yes- become fully land-dwelling
C/D: no- stay with the sea

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 10:21:04 pm »
Hey its 3 to 1 land wins... UPDATE!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2006, 03:00:19 am »
sorry, ive been preoccupied with the dreksesthai.

righto, AB wins.

with an abundance of natural resources land, the podepheli eventually leave the rivermouth and spread out across the immidiate area- along the coast and up the banks of the river. the population swells and the podepheli brain develops. they use rocks to open shells, fallen trees to cross the river and various tools. they live in large burrows, and reproduce like mammals and are warm blooded. and then, after millions of years of existence, a podepheli did something i that no other creature has done before: it stood up. with it's hands free to pick fruit, defend itself and create better tools, the podepheli are nearly at the end of the road of being a mere animal, they are about to enter the gate of sentience. they need to take just one more step, but what step shall it be? (that just may be the cheesiest thing i have ever heard, but whatever)

A: build simple shelters
B: make more complex tools
C: develop a more advanced langauge
D: burry their dead

they will get all of these in a couple of updates' time, just need to think of what will happen next :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2006, 09:17:49 am »
You mean sapience, but I'm picking D because tool use is great but nothing beats burying your dead.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2006, 09:34:38 am »
You mean sapience, but I'm picking D because tool use is great but nothing beats burying your dead.

Indeed. D is the best way to go, by far.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 12:14:48 pm »
D seems good but why no just eat them so that there spirit will be passed from it to the podepheli that are eating it so that its soul wont wonder around and haunt the podepheli but its too soon to have a religion now ,right?

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:47 am »
Humans also developed language sometime during the Paleolithic period, as well as a conceptual repertoire that included systematic burial of the dead, which strongly suggests that the belief in an afterlife originated far before organised religion.

so their you go, flamester. thats from wikipedia.
D wins. anyway, it's nearly 11:00pm over here, so i'll update in the morning. 

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2006, 10:44:12 am »
11 pm is the morning its 12:43pm over here im the good ol U.S of A and i see the bright yella sun in the sky.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2006, 09:11:02 pm »
11 pm is the morning its 12:43pm over here im the good ol U.S of A and i see the bright yella sun in the sky.
huh?
i can't actually think of a way to make those options happen in any order, so im just gonna give the podepheli all of them and advance a couple of thousand years. sorry.

as the brain of the podepheli developed into it's final form, their level of thinking advanced. they left their burrows and started to develop simple shelters. these were nothing more then a bunch of big sticks leant, covered in leaves and leant up against a vertical surface, but it was a start. they also developed tools consisting of two or more parts, usually a rock and an aproprietly shaped stick, all bound together with simple twine or resin. but it was not just the physiscal side of living that advanced, but cultural. they developed langauge in order to communicate thoughts, emotions and the like. they also started to burry their dead, not only out of practicality (what else would they do with it?), but becuase they believed that their was something after death. this was all great for several thousand years, but the podepheli were on the verge of another breakthrough. but what shall that breakthrough be?

A: fire!
B: even more complex shelters
C: clothing
D: written langauge 

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 01:04:21 pm »
D: Written Language, as i would love to see a highly cultural race.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 02:06:38 pm »
D. how do you gain knowledge for guns if you keep forgetting how to make them. :P

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 03:46:46 pm »
Update please

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 04:55:38 pm »
sorry guys, ive gone back to school, so don't expect updates on more then a weekly basis. I'll update when i get home.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2006, 02:06:49 am »
again, it's hard to make these come in order, so i'll make writing the catalyst for other discoveries. if you have any complaints, i hate you.
D wins

after a few thousand years of drawing on walls, cave painting advanced. they started making symbols for everthing they saw, as this was quicked then doing a fully fledged drawing. they then started to realise the words for all the things they saw were be made with a group of sounds. each sound was givin its own symbol, as this was again quicker and easier to remember then a symbol for every object in their world.
before they could write things down, most major technological breakthroughs were forgotten because the people who made them usually died. but after the invention of written language, people hastely wrote down their recordings for all to read. the first of these discoveries was fire. a few podpepheli discovered that fire (caused by lighting strikes) could be used to cook meat, set resin, provide warmth and do several other very things. they thought that if they could emulate the heat produced by fire then they could produce their own fire, they soon discovered that by rubbing sticks together, or striking special rocks together produced such heat. these bright sparks quickly wrote down their discoveries and soon the whole tribe had fire on demand.
while hunting one day, a particularly observent podepheli noticed that clay dried in the sun if left a while. he picked up a lump of clay, molded it into a slab and baked it. he then had a handy tablet to write things down on. after he left, an onlooker came to inspect the tablet. he thought that it would make a good building material, but when wet it just turned to mush. when the hunter returned, the onlooker asked if he could have a large-ish animal to experiment on. the podepheli are inherintly inquisitive creatures and the hunter agreed, only if the onlooker showed him what he was doing. the onlooker painstakingly skinned the animal, dried the hide, and built a few bricks. the idea failed, as he had nothing to hold the bricks together, but the hunter thought that the hide would make a good house covering on its own, and even clothes to wear when it got a bit chilly.  the pair recorded their findings on the hunter's tablet  (which he was particularly proud of) and over the next few weeks the pair fine tuned their skinning technique. soon all the podepheli had tents made of skins with frames made of sticks. the podepheli were thriving, but over population meant a lack of food. they had several options, but which would they carry out?

A: start farming
B: domesticate animals
C: head to the coast
D: head somewhere else (direction will be voted for)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2006, 12:44:30 pm »
lol why do you make options if its always all of them that come in your text lol
I vote for D, Mountains

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2006, 11:39:36 pm »
A and where do you live? im in the US and im getting out in 1 week

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2006, 05:10:39 pm »
perth, western australia

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2006, 01:42:22 am »
a wins

when out gathering food one day, a podepheli came across a juvanille of one of the food-bearing plants. every time she came gathering, she would check on the plant, and every time it had grown. eventually it bore it's own fruit, and when the seeds of a rotten fruit fell to the ground near the plant, she decided to watch thses as well. Sure enough, it to turned into a fruit bearing shrub. writting down her observations, she decided to try and grow her own plants. she cleared a small area, planted a handfull of seeds and replicated the shrub's enviroment as closely as possible, watering them every now and again, and laying down dead plant matter. afte a short while, the tribe had a small crop of fruit-bearing plants. the farmers (who were mostly women) wrote down everything: what worked, what didn't, what plants to make crops and everything about planting, caring and haversting them. to save time and energy, the tinkerers of the tribe devised an irigation system to effortlessly water the crops. one day, while digging a hole to make an irrigation system, a podepheli struck something in the ground. what was it?

A:iron
B:gold
C:oil
D:a massive rock

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2006, 08:59:30 pm »
Well D is pretty boring and we dont need B or C now so A.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 01:28:00 am »
D- because its got to be an asteroid!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 03:09:26 am »
i didn't actually think of that, but maybye...

also flamster, stone is more useful then you might think. it's a great building material for starters.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 09:39:41 pm »
you only said "A massive stone" not a mine or anything.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 12:29:40 am »
Look, people. Vote D right now. Its clearly an asteroid with something super cool in it.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 03:59:51 am »
you only said "A massive stone" not a mine or anything.
yeah, but you could just build a quarry...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 05:05:35 am »
However, presumably you could find rock pretty much anywhere. Iron ore is much rarer and more useful.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2006, 01:19:33 pm »
C, Oil is gooood

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2006, 04:38:58 am »
a wins
after he dug up what he thought was a rock, he dusted it off, and noticed it was rather shiny. this made him wonder if it really was a rock, and so he lifted up a big stone club, and brought it down on the iron lump. the club smashed into dozens of pieces, but broke a few little bits of iron of. while dazed by what just happend, he decided to if he could melt the iron. he put the small pieces into a clay pot, and through them in a really big fire. sure enough, the iron melted and later froze in a new shape. the popepheli realised the myriad of new tools and things that could be made by this strange new material, and after much experimentation, he set up a workshop to make things. in particular, he needed to make a lot of something. what was it?

A: a gift to give to a newly discovered popdepheli tribe
B: parts for a carraige to be pulled by newly tamed animals
C: arrow heads for use against a big herd of newly discovered animals
D: tools to farm a newly discovered grain

Offline Vortor

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 05:23:19 am »
B.
Yeah, I don't have much to say.

Offline Genesis