Author Topic: Roleplaying games  (Read 43795 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying games
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 07:45:13 am »
Most of the Evil campaigns I've been in have involved some good ole fashioned cannibalism.  I think gamers think, "Heck, I'm already evil, what's the deal if I eat some Steve?"  Bizarre.  Although I shouldn't speak because I instigate it.  We won't delve into that too deeply though...-leeman

Yeah, but that's too easy. It's a lot more fun when you can get good people to eat folks. ;) That's the trick.

Now that's an idea. *plots*

I'm always playing practical jokes on our Paladin, maybe I can make him lose his alignment and class features by eating someone...

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2006, 10:47:26 am »
Probably not unless you have a really mean GM.  Although the DnD alignment system is all about actions over intent so maybe...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2006, 11:52:47 am »
Probably not unless you have a really mean GM.  Although the DnD alignment system is all about actions over intent so maybe...

Knowing our GM he wouldn't make him change his alignment after eating it if he didn't know what it was, but if I told him afterwards and he didn't disassociate with me he could lose his abilities as well... and I'm willing to bet that the GM would enforce that (and totally put some major curse on my ass, like turn me into an elf or something... pansy elves, they really irritate me, especially the paladin, self-righteous bastard. I mean, an eleven paladin? Be a druid or a wizard like you're meant to be, elves shouldn't be paladins. I guess it's just the combination of the two, elven paladins with their stupid pointy ears and their poncy knees-bent running about and-

Wait, what were we talking about?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 11:54:51 am by Daxx »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2006, 08:30:00 pm »
Anyone else here tried to make their own RPG? I started making plans for an 80's rpg. I had classes like Nerd, cop, jock, P.I. fat guy. I had this thing called Cool Points that kinda worked like force points from star wars 20d. So when faced with an impossible challenge they could use cool points to and points to any die roll. The Nerd had this ability that if he took off his glasses his int and dex would drop but he would get a bonus to char and a bunch of extra cool points. The fat guy had a skill called dumb luck that gave him a bonus to all saving throws and with each successful save instead of just getting out of the way of a bullet or got away from an explotion, he would just trip and fall and start a chain of events that would blow everything up but he would end up surviving. I had a bunch of stuff like that in it. It was mostly meant to make fun of 80s movies cheese. But again I don't have any good geek friends so I could never really developed it or try it out :-[
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2006, 09:09:46 am »
The webcomic www.pvponline.com had something similar years ago.  it was Gamer: The Gaming and you roleplayed a roleplayer playing an rpg and had to roleplay for both characters and use skills like Dice-cheating and min/maxing.  Very funny idea.

Daxx, you are after my own heart.  I have come to loathe all elves, especially elven paladins.  If Chrissy is reading, I apologize but I'm afraid it's true.  I had to deal with a very obnoxious elven paladin npc that used to be the GM's main character in the campaign world when she was a player.  We travelled all over elf-dom and ran into nothing but rude and surly elves that hated our very being.  Got old very quickly.  I feel your pain.  I really do.  -leeman

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2006, 11:39:50 pm »
Anyone else here tried to make their own RPG?
Depends on what you mean by that. I've never attempted to put down on paper the games that the players and I have created for others to utilize as a basis for their own gaming content, but I can reasonably say that we've created at least two dozen original games over the last decade or so -- two of which have sucked up thousands of hours of our lives. In fact, we've played our own games far longer and with better results than playing any others.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2006, 09:52:50 am »
I did with a few friends, with my mates dad as Dungeon Master. We kept sneaking into his room to peek at dungeon plans, and everytime we did he used to give us something baaaad. In the end this happened:

We cheated, and have to fight 15 minotaurs that suprise us at night. Eventualy, my Magic User negotiated the end of the battle, as we both had taken heavy losses. The Minotaurs demanded food and we fed them a  bunch of recently dead bandits and our dog.

Later on, We cheated again, and he made the people in town take us prisoner. We told them we were envoys of the king, and he would destroy them if he found what they had done. They then proceeded to hold us to ransom. We cheated again, and escaped. We encountered no villagers of guards as we left our prison, and we checked every door. We then preceeded to shout, whilst DM says "The Villagers may be distracted."
The village was overun by Vampires, who were butchering people right and left. We called upon our gods, and saved the day. The God that came was the God of my Orc, and he demanded the sacrifice of elves. and killed the elven party members.

We eventualy lost nmost of our party, scattered around and in trouble. In the end, my evil cleric and my assasin were the last characters, and we died fighting.....

Bummer. Taught me never to cheat, though.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2006, 01:19:23 pm »
That sounded so awesome.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2006, 08:02:12 am »
I Rp but only with rules I had to make up  :'(
But they are fun with my brother and my friends.
They're sort of GURPS that I made.
But Id love to find a site with DnD rules.... Anyone  :-\
Edit: Found one! ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:55:07 am by Gunner »
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 03:45:20 pm »
Wow, you remind me of myself, necromancer.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 05:50:15 pm »

Yay, I got to use my new macro.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:38:32 am by Daxx »

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2006, 03:02:10 pm »
Well, my GM sucks...but otherwise I'd play dnd. The GM is a very straightforward one..

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:32 am »
Well, my GM sucks...but otherwise I'd play dnd. The GM is a very straightforward one..

How many players do you have in your group?

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2006, 02:31:46 pm »
We had maybe 3 people as characters, one GM. I tried playing Rifts once...it's a reall cool concept, but sorta hard to get into, especially if your entire group has never played it before. So i never really played that...