Poll

Which Poster held the best Debate? (please hold voting till debate has finished)

Poster 1
0 (0%)
Poster 2
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Debate That! (If you can)  (Read 24479 times)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: Debate That! (If you can)
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2006, 04:47:43 pm »
Stop Spamming Sauce on you!!!!

7 who ate 9

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2006, 04:56:06 pm »
I've never reported before but.....can I now?

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2006, 05:21:13 pm »
I've never reported before but.....can I now?

No you can't.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2006, 07:34:12 pm »
Okay. Seeing as how Smily man has Hijacked the topic I'm assuming debate is over.

Voting will now open.

Poster 1: Seems to be a tag team of Genesis and Clayface
Poster 2: Is Kratok
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2006, 12:53:31 am »
Over already, I didn't even think it officialy started.

I wanted to do a cool debate like the one Kaze did.  :'(

Oh well.... "Sigh" For honorable reasons I will not vote.

What will you do?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2006, 02:51:30 am »
any time you need a debator i will try to help as one
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2006, 04:40:22 am »
And the Winner is Kratok. 1-0.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2006, 01:03:53 am »
start a new one, I might participate, but then again I might forget

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2006, 01:18:15 pm »
Since Kaze's topic never got a fair run, and she was the winner of the 1st (And really the only well done debate), and it seems Vivec and Oviraptor aren't debating it any time soon, I've decided to put her topic back into play.

"In recent years officials have cracked down on organized cockfighting with ever-increasing efficiency. As a result, individuals in more archaic regions and neighborhoods have begun organizing hamsterfighting (see one of their internet ads here). Is strapping sharp objects to hamsters and pitting them against one another in fantastical fights to the death a severe violation of animal rights, or should its inimical implications (if there are any) be overlooked in the simple name of entertainment?"

Any takers? (If Oviraptor and Vivec still want to debate this topic I will give them prevelance, but right now, as it seems, I'm not so sure they're still going to...)

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »
I WANT TO DEBATE

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:01 am »
I was just about to revive this thread, strangely enough.
The technoliterary ghost of Kaze from 4 and a half years ago commands that her topic get a chance.

Now, Clayface, and anyone who believes they are a worthy opponent, this is going to be a difficult fight, I'm sure.
Make time to review the (slightly modified) rules:

The object of the game is for the first two people to sign up to debate intensively the topic I give you. If I tell poster one to debate that there are little men in their televisions and Poster two to be On the side that there's really just one man flipping a really fast flip book in the television I expect the debates to be well done, backed up with whatever "Evidence" and "Statistics" you can come up with and Hilarious.

Really this could go on forever with some posters but it has to end sometime, so the winner will finally be decided through a day's voting or so, after 5 posts from each one.
The Winner gets to decide the next topic for 2 posters to debate.
Have fun with this.   I'll reveal the topic when I get the first 2 debaters

Any other takers? This thing was a lot of fun last time we actually got a real debate going.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 10:16:59 am »
I'll do it!

I also think we should do this in proper debate format i.e; formal introductions on each side of the house stating qualifications ect., opening statements, rebuttals, final statements, q&a and then the vote.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:22:39 am by munchkin5 »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 10:30:01 am »
Awesome. Make sure to look at the PatMan/Kaze debate to get an idea of what this is supposed to be like and have fun with it.
Remember, photographic/video evidence is welcome.

Going by a coin toss from this service:  http://cgi.cs.duke.edu/~des/vct/vct.cgi at May 29, 2011, 01:23 PM (US Eastern Time Zone)
by which Poster 1 (Clayface) is heads, and Poster 2 (Munchkin5) is tails, it appears that Clayface will be arguing for the hamster fighting, and Munchkin will be arguing against it.

Make sure you have looked over the topic and understood it to the fullest of your capacities. Begin when you are ready. (I, or other members, may interject with questions at certain points. It will not subtract from your 5 post limit if you are to answer them in a seperate post from your main debate.)

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »
may I have a better description of the topic ?

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »
"In recent years officials have cracked down on organized cockfighting with ever-increasing efficiency. As a result, individuals in more archaic regions and neighborhoods have begun organizing hamsterfighting (see one of their internet ads here).

Is strapping sharp objects to hamsters and pitting them against one another in fantastical fights to the death a severe violation of animal rights, or should its inimical implications (if there are any) be overlooked in the simple name of entertainment?"

In other words, can we as a society condone, or even outright support this sport of hamster fighting, or should we, as a people condemn it for all it is worth?

And I do like munchkin's idea of formal debate.
If you both have opening statements to give, that would work fantastically.
(and then go from there into your rebuttals and whatnot.)

But anyway, yes, Clayface, Tell me why we should make our hamsters fight, and Munchkin, tell me why we shouldn't.