Author Topic: In The Mouth of Madness  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Quanrian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
In The Mouth of Madness
« on: March 12, 2006, 02:23:45 am »
Yes, I'm aware this movie is quite old and not even remotely new, but it's easily one of my most favorite movies of all time. Never has reality been so warped in a way that truely made my cringe. This movie did for me what people claimed Matrix did for them, it really makes you question just how tangible your reality is. I wont get too much into the premise, since I don't want to ruin anything and some simple research will yield all the results you desire.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:59:42 pm by Quanrian »

Eat the game before it devours your life !

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Into The Mouth of Madness
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:37:39 am »
I know I have seen this movie and I liked it but now I can't remember it. I do like Clive Barker and the whole Hellraiser series and I have read many of his books. I'll have to look it up to jog my memory now. Nothing like a good scary movie sometimes.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Into The Mouth of Madness
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:10:44 am »
Are we referring to the movie "In the Mouth of Madness"? Because, if so, you are absolutely right, sir. This movie is incredibly frightening. The direction and cutting were top-notch, and it seemed as if you were watching a nightmare the whole way through, one that really had no end.

As an aside, you mentioned the movie being based off of a book by Clive Barker. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was said that it was based off of H.P. Lovecraft's works, and contains quite a few references to them. Of course, if this isn't the movie I'm thinking of, then I am completely wrong.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Quanrian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: In The Mouth of Madness
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:58:52 pm »
You know what you're right, meh, I guess I got it mixed up. I should stop trying to be factual so late at night lol. Here's a link about the movie, just so the facts can be straight, since I'm such a scatter brain... Oh and I fixed the link name btw.

In The Mouth of Madness
Eat the game before it devours your life !

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: In The Mouth of Madness
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:41:43 pm »
Though not a true adaptation of Lovecraft, this movie certainly captures the true spirit of his style. It ranks up there with "Dagon" and "Re-Animator" as probably the three best movies that convey the feeling and depth of horror in Lovecraft's stories. Which is a hard thing to do in cinema, what with all these gods and creatures being "indescribable" and "unnamable" and other common fuzzy adjective uses by Lovecraft. But this movie does a good job of having the creatures, but keeping them truly horrifying by virtue of their sheer strangeness.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt