Author Topic: Metroid Pinball confirmed  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Metroid Pinball confirmed
« on: April 15, 2005, 04:26:43 pm »
http://www.samus.co.uk/

Right there at the top.

*shakes head*

My goodness. Seriously, what is Nintendo thinking? I can understand Mario Pinball, but not Metroid Pinball. Oh sure, it's somewhat logical, what with Samus' ability to roll up in a ball, but still. Hopefully they don't try and classify it as part of the Metroid canon.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
Re: Metroid Pinball confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 06:08:15 pm »
I really would have expected something like this 2 weeks ago when April was starting. I wonder if Samus will make noises like she's getting hurt when she hits bumpers and stuff? At any rate, I like pinball games, so I might get this. I guess it must be because I'm that dumb, deaf and blind kid who's always in the corner.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 07:23:58 pm »
I saw this a few weeks ago, I don't know, I kind of like it.

Keep in mind that the biggest thing that Nintendo has going for them right now is their brands (actually, it's the only thing really) and they need to come out with new games for the DS which are not only using their brands, but using the DS capabilities. Hence, Metroid Pinball! It's actually a good idea as it will expand the brand into a new direction (you can only have so many FPS Metroid games) and it can sell DS additional systems. It also can expose the Metroid brand to leisure gamers (people who like pinball and not FPS) and that's never a bad thing.

Expect to see a lot more of this sort of stuff in the near future for the DS.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Omnitron

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Paragon City Resident
    • View Profile
    • Central Nexus
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 08:56:30 am »
I like Pinball games, and one of the first things I thought of is a twin screen pinball game.  Pinball games are usually the multiple single screen types (Mario Pinball, Kirby Pinball, Muppet, House of the Dead) , sometimes segmented or tiered sub-fields that do not scroll.  But some other games (Pokemon, Pinball Fantasies?) do scroll following the ball (unless you go multiball).   Tall single boards are more like the orginal flavor of pinball.  Once they get the engine right - they could easily have a series of these games...

Metroid as subject matter --- well its better than still another Pokemon game.  I would have liked to see something original.