Author Topic: Retro reviews  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Retro reviews
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 02:58:12 am »
I'd definatly like to see Uniracers.  My friends and I played that game for hours and I'm actually bidding on a SNES, via Ebay, just to get it my friends indoctrinated.

Offline Djfinny

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 06:41:49 am »
Steve, I have a few that I'd like to recommend:

Auto Duel - by Origin Systems for the Apple 2+, C64, PC. (why? It's a fitting review for the release of Auto Assault)

Raid on Bungling Bay - by Broderbund for the C64† (why?† It's Will Wright first game - reviewed in conjunction of a future Spores release/review)

Metal Marines - SNES (why, I don't know - it's just one of my all time favorite games for the SNES)

Crush, Crumble and Chomp - Epyx (well, Automated Simulations) - for the TRS-80, Apple 2+, C64, Atari 400/800

Eternal Dagger - by SSI for the Apple 2+ C64 - Just a great role playing game.

Aztec - for the Apple 2+ (can't remember who published it but it was a great game)

The Bilestoad - for the Apple 2+ - probably the first fighting game which actually displayed blood.

Deception by Tecmo for the PS/1

I've got many more but that just a few

Offline XLNS

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 12:45:35 pm »
Hey,

I was wondering if there ever will be a retro review of a few games,
first is Shamus for the Vic-20 this is like one of my favorite games of all time (yeah I know it sucks now but there's some fond memories there).

Second a few newer games UFO enemy unknown, Beneath a steel sky and The Dig, all great DOS games that would be nice mentioning.

Anyways, probably noone heard of Shamus, not that I blame them, most gamers aren't my age ;)

Thanks for a great show!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »
How about the original Half-life?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline BigEar17

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 09:05:47 pm »
i think that once final fantasy 12 comes out you should retro-review anything from final fantasy 7-9 because their old and good enough to review and you can still play them on the ps2 and new gamers who get into ffXII might want to what the past 11 games were like
~he who seeks will find

Offline Sander Scamper

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 06:11:27 am »
Star Control 2
STAR CONTROL 2

STAR CONTROL 2
The reason I hate/Boycott Sony: "Most people, I think, don't even know what a Rootkit is, so why should they care about it?"

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 10:43:37 pm »
Earthbound, maybe? Or Super Mario RPG.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 11:03:03 am »
Or the original Paper Mario. Now thats wht i call a game (with a kind of sucky ending)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 02:18:33 pm »
Grim Fandango (Did you do it before? I remember someone did it somewhere)
Final Fantasy VII or Ocarina of Time (Do some games that we have all heard about and probably played, then we can all nod in agreement when you solidify our feelings as to how awesome they were. <_<)
Sim City
Some Myst games.

Offline XLNS

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 01:42:30 am »
Also imo Arx Fatalis was a great RPG, very buggy at first but still a great game that not many people played.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2006, 04:47:03 am »
Three syllables, Tec-Mo-Bowl

I know, itís not deep or mind blowing, but boy I love that game. I even have it as my ring tone. And it shows that you donít need a license to make a game. Iím talking to you EA.

Offline rvcontre

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 07:30:22 am »
Hey, what's up everybody. I think that a great complimentary retro review for Oblivion would be one of the Ultimas. I'm pretty new here so I don't know what has been done already for a retro review on but it seems that Steve has done his share of Apple gaming. One of the early Ultimas would be great to hear about. Thanks!