Author Topic: IGN Article on GDC 2006  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
IGN Article on GDC 2006
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:43:30 pm »
Not sure if this was posted yet.

GDC 06: Will Wright and Spore
http://pc.ign.com/articles/698/698259p1.html

The game will choose from the huge share of content provided by what will undoubtedly be a very large player base to fill out the necessary content. More importantly to many of us, Spore will allow anyone to add any players of the game they like, whether that's family or just some crazy dude they saw had cool stuff on a website somewhere, to a friends list. At that point, the game will pull first from content provided by friends on the list, but only up until it doesn't make sense for the game.

I wonder if that is referance to me :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:46:42 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Zorlac

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Sporewiki
Re: IGN Article on GDC 2006
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 04:53:21 pm »
Haha, sure sounds like it is. I guess even IGN is disappointed for lack of info about the game. Boo.

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 05:35:08 pm »
Didn't sound like it was a reference to anyone in particular. Anyway...I'm not disappointed about lack of Spore news.  I'm much more disappointed that everyone who writes about the talks has to spend half the article whining about how they wanted to see more of Spore. 

But then I'm the weirdo who is into Spore because of how it is being made and that fact that pretty much everyone who I've ever looked up to in the world of games is on the Spore team, rather than because I am desparate to play it.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline catnip18

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
They whine and ill whine with them... i was extreamely dissappointed by what they realeased.

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 07:19:01 pm »
I hope it was a refrence to you in a way. (Although I wouldn't call you some crazy guy on a website  ;)) I'm still wondering, Where was the Naucian?! Was there a slide we missed? I really wanted to see it.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline NrKy

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:19:18 pm »
I dare to ask the question of whether or not they've actually DONE anything to spore in the past year? With an excessive amount of procedural programming in a game, it'd make sense to take your time in releasing it. Nothing would suck more than to have a ten-legged creature who's back is bent over and four of the legs go in front of the face, only to have the stupid thing end up crashing because it couldn't figure out whether or not to walk like a catterpillar, or roll.

Offline catnip18

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 07:26:49 pm »
I dare to ask the question of whether or not they've actually DONE anything to spore in the past year? With an excessive amount of procedural programming in a game, it'd make sense to take your time in releasing it. Nothing would suck more than to have a ten-legged creature who's back is bent over and four of the legs go in front of the face, only to have the stupid thing end up crashing because it couldn't figure out whether or not to walk like a catterpillar, or roll.

:o  I am now officially disturbed

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:43:00 pm »
Also important to note

One thing made absolutely clear, in case it wasn't to anyone out there already, is that this is not an online simulation. This is not a multiplayer game