Author Topic: MS handheld  (Read 2022 times)

Offline alxian, the last

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
MS handheld
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:53:13 pm »
DS, PSP, cellphone.. blackberries.. they are all nice, but i'm a power user.. i need power behind my games, and high res.

do you think that MS should make a proper gaming handheld, not origami, for xbox and 360 gamers to enjoy?

i've been a bit busy trying to desing and strongly desire feedback from gamers especially gaming steve, who's quite the DS fan (i think).

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2915450

please let me have all frank polite and respectably honest opinions.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: MS handheld
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:58:47 pm »
That looks cool. How did you come up with that design?

Oh, welcome back. :)

Offline alxian, the last

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 09:47:32 pm »
over the last few years i've been toying with it.. its been on the back burner fermenting

after buying a 360 and seeing the arcade and purchasing my first ever anything online. i was hooked.

but 360 is missing something.. a handheld.

origami just isn't it..

as for the design itself its a second revision.

the first was a puck, the second the double concavity design

the next revision will do away with the optical disk drive, leaving only batteries and a harddrive.

the only things i've added are the bumbers below the thumbsticks, which you press with the inside of the knuckle of your thumb, so you can keep moving the thumbsticks around and hit 2 buttons each.

along the front top is a control bar, with volume, back start, media/guide and on off functionalities.

in the back are your triggers that stay flush when the mobileocn is not in use, and pop out for gaming. they'd require a snap close mechanism that wouldn't snap closed during gameplay.. something to look into.

otherwise its a 360 PSP iPOD merging/ripoff...

any suggestions?

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 07:48:43 am »
I was about to say something about you posting in the DS forum about MS... silly me!

Offline alxian, the last

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 02:10:35 am »
no interest at all??? *cry

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:55:12 pm »
no interest at all??? *cry

People don't read this forum as much as some of the others (like Spore), so threads can die quite quickly. I thought it was neat.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:18:16 am »
I don't much like the idea.  Microsoft is still treated like an outsider in the videogame company by a lot of fans.  A lot of people just hate it because it's Microsoft and now matter how many great games the 360 gets, people are still going to find ways to hate it.  For example, I post on a lot of Nintendo forums, they're general feeling is that there isn't enough "kiddy" (for lack of a better word)  styled games, but when they come out with something like Viva Pinata, it's immediatly dismissed as not any good.

I'd probably enjoy an MS handheld, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too, but it's something Microsoft really just doesn't need at the moment, it would be best for them to focus on making their console even better first.