Author Topic: Amazing Race 7  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Amazing Race 7
« on: April 15, 2005, 07:07:21 am »
Now I consider this show not only one of the very best on the TV but the best reality show of them all. What I like about this show is that the players aren't really trying take teach other out like in other shows. Sure they are racing against each other, but they are really just trying to do the best job possible and rarely do the teams actually interact and help/harm each other. And the places they go is really just amazing.

However, that non-competitive nature of the show is also the problem with this season ... Rob and Amber. At first I thought they would be a good addition to the show, but Rob is so damn competitive that he doesn't make the show fun anymore. It's all about him and her now and how they can screw over the other teams. I truly hope that they lose.

But that being said I can not believe their luck so far this year. I have never seen a team so lucky in my life. Damn I hate them so, please lose!

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Amazing Race 7
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 07:26:23 am »
Rob and Amber were that way on Survivor, one of my fav shows. I hated that they won 1 & 2. And the fact that he proposed on TV at the finale was so obviousy for money and ratings.. wouldn't surprise me if they get married on TV.  I'm with you, hope they lose.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:41 am »
Rob and Amber were that way on Survivor, one of my fav shows. I hated that they won 1 & 2. And the fact that he proposed on TV at the finale was so obviousy for money and ratings.. wouldn't surprise me if they get married on TV.  I'm with you, hope they lose.

They ARE going to get married on TV! It's going to be another reality show based around their wedding (I swear to god, I wish it wasn't true). I actually used to like them, or rather, I liked Rob when he was on Survivor as he was clearly the best on that show. But on the Amazing Race they are just annoying and taking a nice show where people are mostly concentrating on racing and turning it into a "screw over everyone else" show which is what every other reality show basically is.

I really really really hope they lose.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 10:36:40 am »
No way.. they really are getting married on TV, I knew it.. bet Jeff Probst will marry them too. Well, gotta hand it to them, they know how to milk the cash cow.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 04:23:57 pm »
I often find with reality shows (survivor, the amazing race, etc) that I'll watch every episode of the 1st season, but then just watch it every now and then after that.
There have been so many seasons of each series that I just cant keep up with it anymore.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 10:42:25 am »
A reality show about people racing?  Not trying to screw each other over?  Sounds kind of boring to me, if i'm honest - what's the fun if there's no plotting or backstabbing?  When they do that on reality shows it's just funny.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 10:55:16 am »
I think that in the next Amazing Race, they should just drop the people off in some random location that they don't know about, say, Tibet, and have them get to a specified location by any means possible. No checkpoints or whatever. They just take off and go. And they don't get to take planes, either. I think that defeats the purpose of the whole race thing.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 04:18:27 pm »
I think that in the next Amazing Race, they should just drop the people off in some random location that they don't know about, say, Tibet, and have them get to a specified location by any means possible. No checkpoints or whatever. They just take off and go. And they don't get to take planes, either. I think that defeats the purpose of the whole race thing.

They already did a reality show based upon this exact same concept. It came out right after Survivor first did, but it didn't last past the first season. I don't remember what it was called, but they basically just dropped people off in the middle of the desert in Africa and said the first person to the Statue of Libery won, and that was it. Don't remember anything else about it...

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 02:07:05 pm »
Anyone see "Truman Show"-like implications for any kid Rob and Amber would have? ;)

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 08:20:47 am »

They already did a reality show based upon this exact same concept. It came out right after Survivor first did, but it didn't last past the first season. I don't remember what it was called, but they basically just dropped people off in the middle of the desert in Africa and said the first person to the Statue of Libery won, and that was it. Don't remember anything else about it...

I believe it was called lost, and I also believe they droped them off in Mongolia.  I never saw past the second episode.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 02:24:41 pm »
Rob and Amber in second place I hear.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 07:29:02 pm »
Rob and Amber in second place I hear.

Thank God. That really was an excellent ending, it was so freaking close!

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 06:43:41 pm »
I figured you'd be happy about that Steve... LOL :D

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 04:10:01 pm »
I really got into amazing race 5 towards the end. When it ended 6 came on so fast it took me by suprise, i sort of lost intrest... now 7 is over and 8 is in planning... Have they always been making new seasons of the show so fast and close together?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master