Author Topic: Ideas to Save Steve Time  (Read 7031 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Ideas to Save Steve Time
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 09:24:09 am »
As a younger (teenage) avid gamer, I often feel like I missed out on a huge, some would say, golden age of gaming. Rogue and some of the other games that came out when I simply was not as aware and connected to the internet (where I get my information from)  as I am now, or indeed, games that came out before I could walk or were even born, I just simply can't have played thus don't know how groundbreaking or important these games were. Retro Reviews may not interest some listeners but for me they're just like learning about how the first cars came about or learning about how the modern world came to be what it is, and while some people think about history like "It's already happened, why bother learning about it?" I really do like the Retro Reviews, especially when you do a game that impacted on me a great deal (Sander is the name I gave to a rogue in Baldurs Gate 2, and have kept it ever since, so that held a lot of memories.

My thoughts exactly. I would have loved growing up in the eighties.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 11:09:04 pm »
As a younger (teenage) avid gamer, I often feel like I missed out on a huge, some would say, golden age of gaming. Rogue and some of the other games that came out when I simply was not as aware and connected to the internet (where I get my information from) as I am now, or indeed, games that came out before I could walk or were even born, I just simply can't have played thus don't know how groundbreaking or important these games were. Retro Reviews may not interest some listeners but for me they're just like learning about how the first cars came about or learning about how the modern world came to be what it is, and while some people think about history like "It's already happened, why bother learning about it?" I really do like the Retro Reviews, especially when you do a game that impacted on me a great deal (Sander is the name I gave to a rogue in Baldurs Gate 2, and have kept it ever since, so that held a lot of memories.

does anyone else feel really old all of a sudden :-X <- (that's a guy with no teeth because he's so old)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Doomstrom

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 11:07:20 am »
I think SporeTalk should be skipped unless you have something to say about Spore. (e.g. if your emergency rations exist, use them!)

I think SporeTalk is very essential. There are a lot of people that came to Gaming Steve because of the awsome Spore forums (Me one of them ;D) and I get the Podcasts mainly to hear about this wonder of a game-to-be. Keep SporeTalk!
#1 Spore Fan. You better believe it.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 03:28:03 am »

I think SporeTalk is very essential. There are a lot of people that came to Gaming Steve because of the awsome Spore forums (Me one of them ;D) and I get the Podcasts mainly to hear about this wonder of a game-to-be. Keep SporeTalk!

Definitely keep SporeTalk. E3 is soon and I'm guessing (if Sims 2 production is anything to go by) from then on there'll be stuff to talk about every week. I, at least, would like to keep hearing Steve's take on this news.