Author Topic: Jesus mad... Jesus smash!  (Read 117932 times)

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus mad... Jesus smash!
« Reply #480 on: March 14, 2006, 11:53:28 am »
the watch maker arguement is fundamentally flawed anyway, it is something that you know is manufactured, If someone 200 years ago found a palm-pilot, especially one with no power, they would probably think it was some type of unusual rock formation, especially if there was no writing on the surface of the object.

The watchmaker thing says that the watch is opened. surley if you saw something with so many intricate parts you would think someone must have made it? especialy if its working...

Exactly, especially with watches like us with our weakest organs exposed, you know what I'm talking about, boys, and body odor, euch.

no sence...not funny :D
I did see the walking with beasts/dinosaurs/monsters though. t'was good, dispite the fact that most of it was based on speculation, not fact.

werechicken

« Reply #481 on: March 14, 2006, 11:56:06 am »
if you cracked open the palm-pilot you would see lots of complicated parts, however, geologists at the time would probably say that it is merely a strangely shaped geode, especially how any chemical tests carried out on the inner components would reveal that they are almost entirely made out of silicon

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 14, 2006, 12:01:48 pm »
the watch maker arguement is fundamentally flawed anyway, it is something that you know is manufactured, If someone 200 years ago found a palm-pilot, especially one with no power, they would probably think it was some type of unusual rock formation, especially if there was no writing on the surface of the object.

The watchmaker thing says that the watch is opened. surley if you saw something with so many intricate parts you would think someone must have made it? especialy if its working...
But we are not like watches, we can reproduce, they can't, we reproduce with our offsprings recieving some, but not all of our traits, and same happens to their offsprings. If watches could reproduce when they mate, and their babies are different from what the parents are, I'd say it came upon by evolution, and that's what lifeforms are, they came from parents, which are slightly different from them.
Exactly, especially with watches like us with our weakest organs exposed, you know what I'm talking about, boys, and body odor, euch.

no sence...not funny :D
I did see the walking with beasts/dinosaurs/monsters though. t'was good, dispite the fact that most of it was based on speculation, not fact.
If you are a boy, you know know it is most painful to be kicked in the testicles, if there was intelligence, they would be kept inside the body, and not out, dolphins and whales have theirs inside, but they can regulate its' temperatures so as the sperm survives.

Well, there are fossils of trilobites, and even the first mammal-like reptiles, the dimetrodon and edaphosaurus.

werechicken

« Reply #483 on: March 14, 2006, 12:05:10 pm »
the watchmaker arguement is that something as complicated as life had to made, it couldn't just happen randomly, it has nothing to do with reproduction, as for your second point I really have no idea what your getting at

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 14, 2006, 12:05:31 pm »
But we are not like watches, we can reproduce, they can't, we reproduce with our offsprings recieving some, but not all of our traits, and same happens to their offsprings. If watches could reproduce when they mate, and their babies are different from what the parents are, I'd say it came upon by evolution, and that's what lifeforms are, they came from parents, which are slightly different from them.

Erm, I think you mis-understand the idea behind the watch thing...

its against evolution. it basicly says that how can something so complicated (like us) come about by chance? it must have been made. seeee?

and I did understand what your saying. it just wasn't put well.

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 14, 2006, 12:09:29 pm »

Erm, I think you mis-understand the idea behind the watch thing...

its against evolution. it basicly says that how can something so complicated (like us) come about by chance? it must have been made. seeee?

and I did understand what your saying. it just wasn't put well.
Computers nowadys are complicated, but they started out very simply, and upgraded/improved to what we have now.

werechicken

« Reply #486 on: March 14, 2006, 12:10:48 pm »
when that argument was put forward there weren't any computers, and besides someone makes the computer

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 14, 2006, 12:14:38 pm »
My point is that complicated things are not made overnight, it's improved on continuously.

werechicken

« Reply #488 on: March 14, 2006, 12:16:37 pm »
thats a good point but the original point was that someone had to actually make the watch, it didn't just arise from nothing, which is more-or-less what Darwins theory said

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 14, 2006, 12:18:46 pm »
Darwins theory is the origin of species, not the origin of life.

But okay, before I talk about my point of life's origins, what do you think gives babies life?

werechicken

« Reply #490 on: March 14, 2006, 12:19:58 pm »
i only consider something to be alive if it is aware of its environment

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 14, 2006, 12:24:53 pm »
Well, the beginning of life definitely has to not be living, and that I talk about, is Amino Acids, the building blocks of life.

Offline Exploding8

• Atari Combat Vet
  • That guy who never posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:47 pm »
Just because people believe in evolution doesn't mean they think there's no god. They just think that god created us through evolution, not he just suddenly thought us and the entire universe up.

werechicken

« Reply #493 on: March 14, 2006, 12:35:59 pm »
I personally believe in god, but not in religion, I think of god more as a judge for the afterlife than a grand creator

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 14, 2006, 01:03:50 pm »
Yes, those are theoevolutionists, as long as people don't disagree proven sciences just because their God doesn't say so, I don't mind.