Author Topic: Jesus mad... Jesus smash!  (Read 117957 times)

gec05

Re: Jesus mad... Jesus smash!
« Reply #465 on: March 14, 2006, 10:56:00 am »
I wouldn't question god but it's up to him to decide who is the fool. Believing that everything happens by chance is just as unpractical. Matter doesn't have a mind of it's own, it needs to be pushed. Look around you, everything is evidence to a work of art, what does evolution know about beauty? Even evolutionists question how beauty is formed. ;) I'm not going any farther with this myself, it's a touchy subject for a lot of people.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:05:18 am by gec05 »

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:11 am »
oh yeah, beauty. beautiful is different to every form of life so QFT. srsly, beauty has nothing to do with evo, just look at other animals. im sure some of them look butt ugly. to us, beauty is different therefor irrelevant. beauty to animals can be bigger horns, brighter colors, or the best fighter. plain and simple.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:52 am »
Here's a simple thought... -.-

Imagine you walking down the street, you see a beautifully constructed house. Such craftsmanship and design was put into it. What if you were told that this house just appeared out of nowhere, just built itself on its own. You'd scoff at any such remark. Yet evolutionists believe in the big bang theory. Isn't that just the same as believing a house appears out of nowhere. Everything has a creator, everything was built by someone or something. The computer you sit in front of had to be made by someone. That's my logic.  ;)
Hmm, very good. But does it specify everything has to be created in 6 days. Some buildings took decades to 'create' I think all life on earth may take a little longer (and before you use the old 'God could do it in six days' argument tell me why God couldnt have done it instantaneously... not to mention the fact that as an omnipotent being time would have no meaning so six days certainly wouldnt ::))

Stop calling us 'Evolutionists' as Ive said before, and shut up about the big bang please. It has sod all to do with evolution. You can argue about the big bang later... but if God created a Universe wouldnt it make a big bang? (I dont actually believe in God I'm just presenting this in a way you are less likely to scoff at)

I agree, matter doesnt have a mind of its own. This isnt to say it cant do things. Who's doing the 'pushing' when you experience gravity... or electromagnetism?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:13:34 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

gec05

« Reply #468 on: March 14, 2006, 11:20:25 am »
*** ce chap. 4 p. 52 Could Life Originate by Chance? ***

“The hypothesis that life has developed from inorganic matter is, at present, still an article of faith.”—Mathematician J. W. N. Sullivan

“The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.”—Biologist Edwin Conklin

“One has only to contemplate the magnitude of this task to concede that the spontaneous generation of a living organism is impossible.”—Biochemist George Wald

“An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle.”—Biologist Francis Crick

“If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation [the mathematical odds against it] wipes the idea entirely out of court.”—Astronomers Fred Hoyle and N. C. Wickramasinghe

werechicken

« Reply #469 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:40 am »
hurah we have another creationist with whom we can debate with!

experiments have been carried out showing that life can arise from a collection of specific chemicals and certain atmoispheric condition, both of which geologists have shown that existed when life is believed to have started. And we're not evolutionists, we're members of the chucrch of evoloutionolgy

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2006, 11:27:20 am »
http://www.mala.bc.ca/~johnstoi/essays/courtenay1.htm < read please.
Lets leave the issue of the origin of life for now. Evolution can be proved exclusively of Darwin's work and the assumption that life arose by chance.

“If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation [the mathematical odds against it] wipes the idea entirely out of court.”—Astronomers Fred Hoyle and N. C. Wickramasinghe

and the other quotes

Yes, and the odds of getting a royal flush in poker are pretty low as well. Guess what, people across the globe get royal flushes Every Day.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:29:36 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2006, 11:28:19 am »
Here's another simple thought: Imagine walking in a nature reserve and seeing a huge mountain. Such beautiful rock formations must've taken millions if not billions of years of formation and erosion to come into existence. Then what if someone told you that something snapped it's fingers and the mountain was there.. You'd scoff at the thought! Yet Religious People believe this is true.. Everything evolved over billions of years and wasn't created in a few days..

By the way, I find it interesting to see so many new members have joined GamingSteve to participate in this debate exclusively..  :o

werechicken

« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2006, 11:30:53 am »
personally I'm wondering how on earth they found this I mean computers are the tool of the devil aren't they, come to think of it Christians have been calling anything that keeps the general populace well-informed for centuries

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2006, 11:32:09 am »
By the way, I find it interesting to see so many new members have joined GamingSteve to participate in this debate exclusively.. :o

They should be banned immediately ;D

Here's another simple thought: Imagine walking in a nature reserve and seeing a huge mountain. Such beautiful rock formations must've taken millions if not billions of years of formation and erosion to come into existence. Then what if someone told you that something snapped it's fingers and the mountain was there.. You'd scoff at the thought! Yet Religious People believe this is true.. Everything evolved over billions of years and wasn't created in a few days..

Exactly, that is what I was thinking.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 14, 2006, 11:37:47 am »
Hi guys, another atheist here. I love the "mountain wasn't formed in a snap" quote to rival that of the watchmaker one.

Have any of you guys watched BBC's "Walking with..." series, the most recent one, "Walking with Monsters" shows life before dinosaurs.

I can point out another sentient species, the nearndenthals. (SP?)

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 14, 2006, 11:39:51 am »
Another one joining because of this thread ;)

It's a shame the Neanderthals don't excist anymore.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:49 am »
Yeah, I want to see cross-breeds!, although they are uglier, I'm such a racist lol, j/k.

werechicken

« Reply #477 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:57 am »
Hi guys, another atheist here. I love the "mountain wasn't formed in a snap" quote to rival that of the watchmaker one.

Have any of you guys watched BBC's "Walking with..." series, the most recent one, "Walking with Monsters" shows life before dinosaurs.

I can point out another sentient species, the nearndenthals. (SP?)

the watch maker arguement is fundamentally flawed anyway, it is something that you know is manufactured, If someone 200 years ago found a palm-pilot, especially one with no power, they would probably think it was some type of unusual rock formation, especially if there was no writing on the surface of the object.

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 14, 2006, 11:47:16 am »
Exactly, especially with watches like us with our weakest organs exposed, you know what I'm talking about, boys, and body odor, euch.

werechicken

« Reply #479 on: March 14, 2006, 11:51:37 am »
what!?
I was on about the old argument to evolution
    "In crossing a heath, suppose I pitched my foot against a stone, and were asked how the stone came to be there; I might possibly answer, that, for anything I knew to the contrary, it had lain there forever: nor would it perhaps be very easy to show the absurdity of this answer. But suppose I had found a watch upon the ground, and it should be inquired how the watch happened to be in that place; I should hardly think of the answer I had before given, that for anything I knew, the watch might have always been there. (...) There must have existed, at some time, and at some place or other, an artificer or artificers, who formed [the watch] for the purpose which we find it actually to answer; who comprehended its construction, and designed its use. (...) Every indication of contrivance, every manifestation of design, which existed in the watch, exists in the works of nature; with the difference, on the side of nature, of being greater or more, and that in a degree which exceeds all computation. "

— William Paley, Natural Theology (1802)

A classic, but, ultimately flawed arguement against evolution