Author Topic: another new creature - kessan  (Read 7113 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
another new creature - kessan
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:16:13 pm »
im new so this might not be very good, but then again i really am not satisfied by most of what I do, so i hope its o.k.  :)

kessan
single sex
exoskeleton
habitat: steap dark canyons and caves
diet: ferose tigers
apearance: beatle like body with insectoid wings and a mouth much like a human with slightly sharper canines. large red eyes. long, thick, armor plated arms with strong, crusher talons at the end. legs are short and apear like gorillas legs, but slightly thicker and longer. the legs are the most armored part of the body because they can be curled into a sheild to protect the vital organs in the abdomen.

the kessan has 3 hearts that pump blood to three different parts of the body. this gives it the ability to strike fast at its prey and not worry about bursting its heart from the strain.

since the kessan only has a single sex, it reproduces by having the genetic material already inside the body, this means that it can only reproduce once, but it means that it does not have to find a mate. they have clutches of 10-15 eggs.

(Im not sure how to post an image, and im not really a good drawer, so if you want to, you could try to draw it, if you want)
im going to make a history if people like it. :)

Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
the insect- kessan
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:34:02 pm »
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kessansmall5ur.png

the kessan is a single sex, strong, violent, terretorial insect. although it is an insect, is stands 12 feet tall, it is an ambush predator and has very heavy armor.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
Re: the insect- kessan
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 02:43:29 pm »
It has four legs and his body consists out of 2 pieces? Sorry, but I don't think that would be classified as an insect :P(in our world, but you can say 'insect-like').

But add some more please or add to some other thread, make it worthwhile. Add some background, story, very detailed physiology, evolutionary history, cultural backgrounds, architecture, vehicles, etc. Life it up a little ;).

Personal art galleries:

Offline kmr

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • One hep cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 02:47:49 pm »
Nice to see more insect-inspired creatures. ;D

Though I have to admit that a size of 12 feet and thick armor does not a good ambush predator make.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 02:50:35 pm »
That all depends on the atmospheric conditions of its home planet and what types of prey it goes after.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »
not trying to nitpick or anything, just letting you know that you forgot about your origional post about this same thing here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2743.0

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:59:29 pm »
(srry ive been gone)

no, i did not forget that thread, it just died. :'(

thank you for correcting me, it is  insect like.

the armor is because its prey is very lethal, so its arms need to be protected.

let me start with the basics.

name: kessan

fetures: very armoured, large red eyes, short stocky legs, long thick and strong arms, grey exoskeleton

habitat: deep caves and mountain cliffs

prey: ferose tigers and kycen (ki-sen) eagles

the kessan is a large insectoid creature and an ambush predator. the kessan kills its prey by waiting in the caves that ferose tigers come to sleep. it uses its claws like a clamp to snap the tigers neck while its asleep. the kessan has 3 hearts for different purposes and parts of the body. the kessan has a fairly small stomach and a large liver. the kessans brain is smaller than a humans but they use a larger % of it. although this gives them a better ability to think, it means that they have less of a dependancey on feelings. the kessans that live on cliffs have batlike wings and thin armor. this makes them a deadly foe.

(if someone reponds ill make a detailed history too) ;D

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 04:22:06 pm »
kessan history:

kessan tribal age

the kessan never wore clothes because it would make it harder to catch prey, instead they would carve tribal markings into their exoskeleton. they would also would use their claws as knives to cut the flesh of their prey into small squares that were then wrapped in the fat of the animal and was coverd in the sheard skin of the animals they killed.the would then equally distribute the food to the tribe. at this point in time they killed and ate kinoken rhinos and ang bats. the shelter for the kessan was one large enclosed area that they slept and ate in. the baby kessan were kept in a nursery part of the, "mother home" as they called it. when the eggs hatch they are cared for by 3-4 adults. teen kessan must kill a kinoken in any way to pass on to manhood. child kessan stay in the motherhome until they are teens so they have time to learn about history, mesuring, and religion from elder kessan. for their religion, they beleive that every star is another god, when you die you become a star, they beleive that every star looks after you as a guardian, when food is plentiful and water is every were they do a tribal ritual were they must dance for 3 days and thank their ancestors for the gift, if you do not do this, then they make thunder storms and the beasts become savage and hostile, this beleif trails back to the very first tribe of kessan.

(all for now, my hands hurt  :) )

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »
(made a drawing of flying kessan)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 05:15:22 pm »
someone plz post, i need opinions  ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 05:22:41 pm »
Looks sort of robotic to me, with the way the body and limbs are shaped. Are all six of the red dots eyes? Where's its mouth?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:54 pm »
not trying to nitpick or anything, just letting you know that you forgot about your origional post about this same thing here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2743.0

I have Merged the 2 topics into one.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: another new creature - kessan
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 07:39:58 pm »
the claws on the flying one have the mouth attached to them, but this sub-species died out when an asteroid with deadly chemicals was released. yes, all the red dots are eyes.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 08:12:32 pm »
Where is the mouth?

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
the mouth is the top part of the slit going down the center