Author Topic: Yay for the Agkistrodon  (Read 4557 times)

Offline EvoMan06

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Yay for the Agkistrodon
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:29:16 pm »
Woo. So, here it is. I may make small changes but for the most part this would be it:

It is the Agkistrodon (Agki for short). It looks an awful lot like a snake but I promise it structure is rather different. Their lower half of their body slithers across the ground and curves upward where they hold themselves upright with large muscles. Their two forelimbs are half way up the upperhalf of their body and extend outward around four feet each. Their forelimbs have one joint halfway through them but it can bend either way. The Agki's head has three eyes. Two on either side of the head and one in the top of their forehead. Their nose is composed of two small slits that sit at the bottom tip of the lower jaw. They have no teeth as they do not rip or tear their food. The ears are located in the lower jaw as well, but back toward the joint hinge near the base of the skull. They are surrounded by a funnel like piece of scaly skin that acts as an amplifier. The social structure is something I wanted to change around a bit from the norm. There are three sexes male, female, and mafemale. Mafemale basically raises the offspring while the others work on other projects. They are incredibly pacifistic. They rarely kill each other, if at all. When they kill prey the usually use a bow to wound it and then inject enzyme from their tails that digest the muscle tissue and other parts of the body. The predigested mush is scooped into the mouth and absorbed in the skin surrounding the mouth. They have no stomach and basically suck on the predigested pulp. Once it is thouroughly drained it is then spit out. The waste they produce is secreted from under the scales, which is why they bathe rather often.

Oh and they are staunch atheists.

For the full information about them you can visit SporeWiki.com

http://www.sporewiki.com/Agkistrodon

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
Re: Yay for the Agkistrodon
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 05:40:59 pm »
That looks pritty good  ;D.Put some spikes on it too  ;).
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:42:56 pm »
Spikes would make it look a little too much like a dragon.  Great looking creature though.  Keep it the same, I say.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline EvoMan06

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 05:43:12 pm »
I had wanted to put photosynthetic plates on the back but I thought it wouldn't be possible in the game. A few people told me to just pretend but, meh, I don't have a very good imagination.

And as you can tell my artistic ability is absolutely abominable.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 05:45:52 pm »
imagining for me takes the idea away from the game itself.  but you are a better artist than me.  i would be too lazy to do all of those scales
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 05:48:19 pm »
not realy: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/163/avp103bi.jpg

But it dose look pritty good now  ;)
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

Offline EvoMan06

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 05:49:06 pm »
Want to know what sucks? I did them all in pencil first, but when I went over it in blue it smudged it all. I had to go over all of them again in ink.

Yeah, can you tell I had nothing to do that day?

And I agree about imagining taking the game away. Things need to be functional. I really want this game to turn out like real evolution. Extra useless baggage means dead creature.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 05:53:12 pm »
yay someone that agrees completely about the uselessness of imagining in a game this big.  there are enough things to do.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 05:53:57 pm »
I just noticed the hands.I realy like how they are,good job :).

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 05:55:52 pm »
Yay the hands was what I like most about this creature.  Great job again.

Offline EvoMan06

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 05:56:18 pm »
I just noticed the hands.I realy like how they are,good job :).

Oh well thanks.

I really wanted to do them better but I just can't draw well enough to show how they really are. I hope they are portrayed accurately enough. Theres a description so if you can imagine it from that.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 07:46:06 pm »
omg, i love snakes and THAT...

:o is totally awsome! :o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:08:13 am by LadyM »
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline KICkMEdOOd1

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 09:01:33 pm »
WOW... I love this creature.