Author Topic: The Serlan/Durgons new and OFFICAL RACE  (Read 18099 times)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
The Serlan/Durgons new and OFFICAL RACE
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »
Alright so I gave up on the Serpenta, and lately ive been working on these guys...the Serlan, although I wish rushed when I made this I will add alot more stuff to them. Enjoy and draw any pictures if you would like.

Name-Serlan
Average Height-8 feet
Average Weight-250/350 Pounds
Food Eating-Omnivore
Lifespan-90 Years
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Features-Male)
-Lizard like body
-Long tail
-Males have two arms
-Lean Muscular Bodies
-Scales cover body/Different Colors for different habitats
-Hands only have Four Fingers
-Reptilian Face/Different features resemble different reptiles
-Scales are extremely hard and grow back quickly
-Raptor Toe (The one that kinda curves in and is thought to be used as a hook when attacking prey)

(Abilities-Male)
-Some Males have the ability to produce toxin’s from a small gland in there throat, Toxins range in different forms of potency. Some Toxins can irritate, blind or even kill.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features-Females)
-Snake like body
-Long tail
-Females have four arms
-Smaller than males but still quite muscular
-No fin like spikes
-The Females do not have scales they only have soft skin much like a Dolphins.
-More Human like face but still Reptilian

(Abilities-Female)
Cant think of any right now…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Universal Abilities)
-Born Fighters, the Serlan are excellent at Hand to Hand skills and are even better when holding a weapon of any type in there hand. The Serlan body is also its own weapon as they use tooth, claw and tail to defeat there opponents.
-Serlan are very good thinkers, although when it comes to making technologies it does take them some time they do have the mind capacity to make weapons of War and make incredible battle Plans.
-Good Swimmers
-The Serlan can go without food for a good two weeks before dying however they will die without water after 2 days, this is mostly because there scales begin to dry up.
Diet
The Serlan Diet consists of many things, when not honing there Combat Skills or spending time with there family they are eating. A average Serlan eats a good 100 Pounds of food a day to keep up with his training and just to keep his body in shape. 

The Serlan tend to hunt the numerous Bilzko which are a large and semi furry animal that resembles a Bull and a elephant. Although they are only a good 6 feet tall when on all fours. The Bilzko is full of rich vitamins that the Serlan need, and its bones are strong enough for simple weapons or tools. The Serlan also eat the various vegetation that is on there Planet that contains vitamins and minerals that other creatures cannot provide.

Culture
The Serlan do not have a very large Culture, they tend to believe things happen for a reason or that they were destined to happen.  Overall there Culture is centered are Kontek a Warrior like being who existed long before the Serlan were around, he was said to be the first Serlan and he guarded the young Serlan while they evolved. However the Serlan were still a weak species and Kontek offered his body as food to the young Serlan so that they could gain his Strength. In gratitude to Konteks sacrifice the Serlan build great statues of him in there cities and worship him everyday with a fight between two young Serlan which ends when one submits or is knocked out. The Victor is said to gain a small portion of Konteks strength.
Way of Life
Young Serlan-A young Serlans everyday life consists of getting up in the Morning from his Room and eating a good 20 pound meal. Then he goes off to the School where he is taught the ways of the Serlan people and there history. After that the Serlan Youngling goes to a Class that lasts until dark where the Serlan is taught Hand to Hand combat and Weapon Combat, as well as various ranged weapon training. A Serlan is graded on his skill….his tactics and how well he picks up on certain things. Once returning home the Father will probably be home as well at this time the young Serlan spends time with his Father who probably trains him so more or other Serlan activities. Then the Serlan has another meal that’s around 50 pounds and goes to sleep.

Adult Serlan-An Adult Serlan at the end of his School Years is given his overall Life Grades. He will either become a Warrior a Hunter. Although everyone pitches in to build cities these are the only real two classes available during much of the Serlan time but later they knew that they must encourage themselves to become Scientists as well, this led to many Serlan becoming Scientists which boosted the Serlan Technology level massively.

The Warrior Class
Many Serlan become the Warrior Class,  this Class includes additional Training and the chance to fight against rival Clans or Traitors. You also gain a good reputation with the Ladies. The Warrior Class is a dangerous position but brings great honour to the Serlan’s Family. The Warrior Class uses a array of weaponry.

The Hunter Class
This class is a bit different from the Warrior Class, although not participating in away Battles they do get a lot of Training however it is mostly in Hunting tactics and taking down the various beasts of the Wild. The Hunter class gains a lot of honour to there Family because they bring in the Cities meals and food, they are also seen as braves Warriors because many of the Beasts in the Wild are very dangerous.
Reproduction And The Family Life
Not Sure right now about Reproduction

The Family life of a Serlan is something that many of there Race treasure, the reason they fight is to make sure that there off-spring are safe. However whenever they get the chance the Serlan will spend its time with there Children. The typical Serlan will train its Serlan Children in the art of War or it will go out hunting with them and catch small prey or even big ones. It is said that a Serlan who loses its family will seek death and fight anything that can fight back and possibly kill it, many see Serlan like these as proud Warriors who wish to see there Family in the next life.
Timeline/Events
1000-500-The World slowly begins to form, however the Planet still has no land dwelling Life Forms, most of them are under the water. Slowly the land divides into three large Continents. One in the eats one in the west and one on the very north pole of the Planet.

500-0-The Serlan are slowly developing under water, some Serlan begin there adventure onto land as they begin to evolve into land creatures.
0-1000- On the Western Continent Kontek rises and helps the early Serlan to evolve, near the end of the 1000 year Kontek sacrifices himself as food for the young Serlan so that they may gain his strength and wisdom.

1000-1500-The Western Serlan evolve at a rapid pace and begin to form small Clans. However on the Eastern side the Serlan are evolving slower and adapting to there Tropical and desert like surroundings.

1500-1700(Think Early Human Civilization Years)-The Western Serlan begin warring with each other for territory although still very primitive they have a caste system and basic buildings and weapons of war.

1700-1800(Think Dark Ages Years)-The Serlan realize they will get nowhere with the constant fighting. Many Serlan Clans unite and then slowly those ones form one large Clan this Clan has all the Chieftains from the other  Clans as the Leaders, although there is no one higher power. In the Southern parts of the Western Continent however the large united Clans there want there to be one Power and that is Keshon the Mighty.

1800-1850-Keshon gathers a massive force of Serlan Warriors that numbered in the thousands and groups them at the Spine of Kontek. (Basicly a wall of huge mountains that divides the Northern Part of the Western Continent with the South). The Northern forces however have built large cities and have prospered with technology. The Southern and Northern Armies clash in the massive Mountains. And after many battles and a Fight between Keshon the Mighty and Burkole the Strong. Keshon is defeated as him and Burkole fought on the edge of one of the great mountains. Keshon was hit off and the Southern Armies witnesses that there mighty leader was killed and submitted to the Northern Rule.

1850-2000(Think Industrial Years)-The Western Continent is now United and they begin advancing in Technology at a Rapid Pace. Soon Water Ships are made and they sail across the Ocean to the Eastern Continent where they find Primitive Serlan who have adapted to there surroundings. The Western Serlan soon assimilate the Eastern Serlan and begin building massive cities on that continent as well.

2000-2500(Think our time)-The Serlan now have gained so much Technology that they have flying aircrafts and great weapons of war. Although still sticking to the traditional ways of Melee Combat they have made several powerful ranged weapons.

2500-3000(Think Space Age)-Now that the Serlan have reached there potential there Cities buildings have become taller and they have made better suits of Armour which cover there body. There melee weapons are more advanced and there ranged weapons are capable of mass Destruction.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 07:36:47 am by Durgon »

Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
Re: The Serlan/Durgons new and OFFICAL RACE
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 07:26:15 am »
*Bump dont want this to die*
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:18:18 am »
secret tip: Most people cant be bothered to read pages and pages of description, some kind of illustration helps people understand the race.

Oh, and dont bump threads. Its The Rules
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:18:41 pm »
Yeah do it a little bit at a time over many posts ... oh and pictures help. People will be more likely to read what you have to say if there is a picture with it. ;)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:25:37 pm »
awsome thanks for your suggestions on how to post, I guess it does make sense that it is better to do it in little bits. Oh and im really working on my artwork skills every night I spend at least 1 hour doing little sketches, and over two weeks ive greatly improved. I must say this Spore stuff can really inspire one to do all sorts of things.

Anyway im going to be posting a little Story about the Serlan that involves several characters, I hope you like the little epic fight I do and if you have read the Serlans history then you will know what fight is going down. Also probably tonight I will update with the Serlan Weaponary and Armour throughout the ages. Anyway heres the Story, it gets off at a pretty fast pace and hopefully you will all like it. (Please keep in mind i havent typed out a story in a while and right now im just going off of excitment right now, If i have to I will edit little pieces now and then)

"Konteks spine....Its been many months since I was last here", spoke Keshon as his tongue flickered out of his mouth. Keshan the Leader of the Southern Serlan forces, had stationed himself right in the middle of Spine Of Kontek, the area was harsh and rivers of lava were everywhere...it was the perfect place for a large and final battle. For many years Keshan and his forces had been fighting against the Northern Serlan but now it all came down to this. Keshan had Burkole trapped in a small crag and his 100 or so Serlan that were left would be slightly outnumbered. However Keshan only had a good 120 of his men left. Keshan felt the heavy steps of his Commander coming from behind him, "My Lord...our forces are ready to deal the final blow", spoke Brutus as he bowed down behind Keshan. There was a moment of silence, Brutus looked up at his Leader that he had fought many campaigns with, "My Lord?", spoke Brutus once more. Keshan shook his head and turned to Brutus, "Yes, attack at once I will meet Burkole in the fray"........

The Clashing of steal rang through the mountain pass as 220 Serlan Warriors slammed into eachother. The air was thick and black as swords rose and fell and blood spilled. Burkole stood out on a nearby ledge looking at the carnage below him his blue cape flapped behind him. Suddenly the sound of movment caught his attention, he turned around just to see several rocks falling down a nearby ledge, his Serlan Sence knew another was nearby suddenly he could hear the slight hissing of another Serlan. Burkole hunched down slightly and then jumped in the air, in a matter of seconds he was on the ledge that the rocks had fallen off. Although it was quite the impressive leap the ledge was only a good 4 meters high. There Keshan waited on the other side. "So...Keshan we finally meet", spoke Burkole his hands clenched at each side. "Yes, the time has come to end this battle once and for all, throw down your weapons and bow before me you know well that I have grown to be one of the strongest Serlan in history, even stronger then Kontek". Burkole's eyes widened, "Enough of this talk...let us finish this now", spoke Keshan once more.

With a flash Burkole had his weapon in hand, it resembled a large Scimitar that was fit for a Serlan with a great roar he rushed at Keshan who casually pulled out his Scimitar like blade. The two clashed with eachother but Burkoles charge gave him the upper hand as Keshan looked up into Burkoles eyes his legs bent. Keshan simply grinned and his tail suddenly shot forward and went over his shoulder. Burkole lifted his weapon and rolled to the side as the tail almost hit its target. Burkole finished his roll and then jumped forward his Scimitar over his head, but Keshan opened his mouth and a sticky black like substance came at Burkole who raised his blade infront of him and blocked the Toxic Substance, however slowly the blade began melting and Burkole threw it to the ground looking at it. Keshan still in a haunched position now rose his blade edge in the ground. "Well...it seems this fight might be easier than I expected", spoke Keshan. Burkole clenched his fists, "no...its just begining", with that Keshan rushed at Burkole and in a downward motion attempted to sliced Bukole in half but it would not be so. Burkole beat Keshan to the hit and rushed forward as well slamming his fist into Keshans muscular stomach, the Blade fell from Keshans hand as he stumbled backwards surprised by the attack.

Burkole grabbed the blade and threw it off the edge, he would settle things the true Serpenta way. A large rock nearby the two combatants burst apart as molten lava spewed out of it and then stopped. Keshan clenched his teeth and slowly the two circled eachother then they came at eachother both locked hands there tails thrashing. Keshan pulled Burkole forward and kneed him in the gut sending his lower body downwards and then followed up with another knee to the snout making Burkole fall backwards on the ground. Keshan jumped up several feet and came at the still grounded Burkole with a downward knee but Burkole let out a great roar and raised his two arms in an X like shape blocking the knee, the two seemed to freeze for a few seconds and once more there was action, Burkole rolled to the left avoiding a punch by Keshan who looked towards his left hissing in anger.

Keshan regained his posture, "Well it seems I might have underestimated you, but you still dont get it....I was destined to be the one to rule over our people...I am the one who would exceed Kontek, I have become stronger than he could have ever dreamed", spoke Keshan once more. Burkole's snout quivered in anger. "No...you are nothing compared to him, he sacrificed himself for our people and now you mock him, I will not stand for this", with that Burkole ran toward Keshan who bent his legs and launched himself at Burkole as well. Keshan lowered himself and slammed his shoulders into Burkole who gasped for air as the wind was knocked out of him. Keshan grinned and was about to stand himself up but his stomach was grabbed, Burkole yelled out as he picked Keshan up and flung him over his back, however the attack would not succeed and Keshan landed on his feet and charged the back of Burkole. Burkole regained his stance and raised the right side of his body just barely dodging the punch that was aimed for his ribs, with that he lowered his body once more and grabbed onto the arm of Keshan he then twirled around and slammed his elbow in Keshan face causing him to stumbled backwards. Burkole did not let up and he threw a straight punch at Keshan who blocked it and gave him a powerful uppercut putting Burkole on the ground once more, Keshan mounted ontop of Burkole and attempted to punch him with a right hook but Burkole was quicker and gave him a left hook followed by a powerful straight right sending Burkole off of him and falling down the 4 meter drop landing on the nearby outcrop.

Burkole got up and looked down seeing Keshan starting to recover, he knew he must act quickly and he did, with a leap he came downwards aiming to get his talons into Keshans stomach, but he was not quick enough and Keshan rolled backwards. Burkole slammed into the ground and looked up just barely avoiding a punch, however more punches followed they were clumsy and Burkole could tell Keshan was almost done for. Burkole continued moving his head and blocking several of the sloppy punched but as he was about to act Keshan let out a great roar and threw a massive straight punch and put all of his body weight into it. Burkole's eyes widened and he moved his head just barely as the fist missed and slammed into the wall of rocks right behind him. Keshan froze his arm pulled back slightly and then fell, it was broken. Burkole knew it was a blessing from Kontek that he had been given another opportunity to finish to fight. He lunged forward slamming his left hand into Keshan several times, with each punch they neared the edge of the outcrop below them a large rock with a very sharp tip. Burkole pulled his arm back one more time and slammed it into Keshans stomach, Keshan was now held up by Burkole's left fist as they starred into eachothers eyes, then Keshan slid off of Burkoles fist and fell, impaling himself on the spiked rock below.

The sounds of combat ended as the Serlan Warriors looked at the dead Keshan...the battle was over and Burkole was victorious. The North had proven that they were the dominant Warriors, now the South had to accept that.....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 03:08:40 pm by Durgon »

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 06:29:31 pm »
So much for  little bit at a time. :-\
Nice work though.

-Understated elegance.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 03:14:19 pm »
Alright time to add some of the hardware and weapons that the Serlan have, expect some rather bad pictures soon once i find out how to use the scanner >_<

Weapons from 1700-1800

Claw Blades-This weapon was made for Serlan who prefered a more Martial Art like style and for those that prefered not to get there claws damaged. This Weapons is a metal Gauntlet that right where the knuckles of a Serlan are there are three sharp Blades coming out of the Gauntlet, this Weapon could be used to fight in close range combat and was also used by many Serlan Assasins.

Scimitar-Much like Human Scimitars only slightly larger and better crafted, this weapon was what many Serlan leaders used in combat, a Serlan with sufficent Training could use this without being slown down at all.

Katana-This was the mainstay weapon of the Serlan forces, the Katana was a must if someone wanted to have weapon training.

Spear-Although not as common as the Katana a Spear was still effective enough to hold off enemies in Ranked formations as well as give a great advantage against foes rushing upwards at the Spearholders.

Gore Blade-This was a weapon that few Serlan used, however the few cruel Serlan from the south tended to use this weapon. This weapon is a large blade with many barbs sticking out of it which can cut into the enemies flesh and hook them onto the weapon giving them a slow and painful death. After the great war all of the Gore Blades were rounded up and destroyed as almost 99% of the Serlan Population saw this as a dishonourable weapon.

Axe Saw-This was also a highly favoured weapon by the Southern Serlan, this weapon resembled a sword except that it had many jagged edges on the side which allowed it to saw through bone rather easly. The Axe Saw is still used but not highly favoured.

Weapons from 1850-2000
Although weapons from the earlier years are still commonly used the Serlan invented ranged weapons at this time and found out that melee combat was not the only way to go.

(Still thinking off some for this time)

Weapons from 2000-2500
The Ranged weapons were upgraded and many of the melee weapons were given small improvments.

(Will add more soon, right now im going to work on my pictures for the weapons)

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 10:41:02 pm »
i wish there was a picture..:)
Under construction

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 06:36:11 pm »
you should add gec's pic...actually, heck, i will

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

werechicken

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 06:38:03 pm »
wow my eyes actually glazed over when i say all that text, nice picture though...

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 08:01:50 pm »
Awsome thanks Opera, I dont know how to add pics, however thats not an offical Picture the face is not quite what i wanted but indeed its an awsome picture. Ive been thinking of adding some future weaponry and the Nemesis race but ive been very busy...

werechicken

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 08:10:24 pm »
what is this an official race off?

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 08:20:54 pm »
well its just my main creature, im gonna stick with these guys...

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 05:06:03 pm »
Alright I was gonna do some kool organizing and go from the different timelines. But since OTHER needs better info on the Serlan and Hylden im gonna do the Serlan Weaponry as well as what the Hylden are. First lets start with weapons and what not. The weapons below are not all of the Serlan Weaponry, but the standard issue. More will be updated later.

2500-3000
(Melee Weapons)
Templar Staff-This double bladed weapon has been used throughout the Serlan History. The modifications have been put to great use and now when activate the two ends of the staff form electricity which when in contact with the weilders target can shock and kill there opponent. This weapon is only used by the most Elite of Warriors.

Templar Sword-Much like the staff except a long double edged sword. It too when activated can generate electricity and shock or kill there opponent.

Pali Staff-This weapon is weilded by the High Guard of the Serlan. The Pali Staff's are customized to fit there weilders height. On one side of the staff there is a sharp edge used much like a sword or spear. On the other side that generally points up there is a more blunt side that can be used to beat back enemies. Both sides however are perfectly balanced.

Pali Sword-This is a sword that has had some extra care given to it. The weilder has his families markings on the sword and it is heavily customized.

Kotosh-This is a semi common weapon found among the Serlan during this time. This weapon is a sword on one side and on the other it resembles a chain saw. When the chain saw part is activated it can rip through almost anything. Although not the primary weapon because it was quite heavy, even for a Serlan it was still quite common and usually the large Serlan would wield them.

Selmo-This is the Serlans primary weapon. Throughout the ages it has barely changed, it is still made out of the same material it was made out of way back in the Serlan history. The blade looks just like a katana but is much more stronger.

(Ranged Weapons)
Shelmotic-This weapon is capable of mass destruction and is the equivilent of our machine gun. The Wielder must hold it between on of his arms and fire with that same arm while using the other arm to hold the handle. This weapon is very accurate and can take out a force of 10 Targets in less than 5 seconds. It is very prone to overheating because of the Plasma Bursts that are used as the projectile.

Teslin-This is our equivilent of a M-16. The standard issued rifle which is semi long and is able to fire accurate bursts. The projecties are plasma as well, and the Teslin is capable of being equipped with sniper customizations.

Kolo-This is the basic sidearm from looking up on it, the weapon is shaped like an A with the ends of the A slightly inward. It fires electric disk shaped projectiles that can be set to slicing mode or the burst on impact. When slicing they can slice through and enemy and when in burst mode then will explode when the hit the enemy knocking them backwards and killing them.

(Hybrid Weapons)
Force Pike-This is a staff like weapon that has the ability to fire plasma projectiles out of one end and slice and stab someone with the other one. Only highly trained Elite units are allowed to weild these.

Koloscimit-This is much like the Kolo sidearm but when another part is activated it produces a large electrical blade that is the size of an average sword. This can slice through the enemy easly. Only elite commandoes have these weapons.

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 05:13:37 pm »
Gore Blade-This was a weapon that few Serlan used, however the few cruel Serlan from the south tended to use this weapon. This weapon is a large blade with many barbs sticking out of it which can cut into the enemies flesh and hook them onto the weapon giving them a slow and painful death. After the great war all of the Gore Blades were rounded up and destroyed as almost 99% of the Serlan Population saw this as a dishonourable weapon.

This just screams Daedric Battle Crescents from the Elder Scrolls series. ;)