Author Topic: Interested In Spore  (Read 9797 times)

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Interested In Spore
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 02:02:07 am »
I told it to my friends but they saw only the official pictures, and when they saw the willosaurus city, and the willosaurs in the tribal age, they didn't get interested. I tried it on the internet, I opened Spore topics on the biggest Hungarian sites(I'm Hungarian). It was better, because i can give a link to the GDC   and if they saw it, they can understand the game.
 But I can't make my friends to sit down and watch  1 hour long presentation!
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 02:05:22 am »
I told it to my friends but they saw only the official pictures, and when they saw the willosaurus city, and the willosaurs in the tribal age, they didn't get interested. I tried it on the internet, I opened Spore topics on the biggest Hungarian sites(I'm Hungarian). It was better, because i can give a link to the GDC   and if they saw it, they can understand the game.
 But I can't make my friends to sit down and watch  1 hour long presentation!

Suggestion:skip the hour and show them the good bits (planet explosions,etc etc).I have a prob like this with one of my Friends.Hes not as into games like other people.But he likes the Sims ,so maybe he might like this game  :-\.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 02:27:46 am »
Yes, but still, the pics should be about a more serious gameplay. hardcore gamers doesn't like this cartoonist style.
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 02:37:59 am »
Yes, but still, the pics should be about a more serious gameplay. hardcore gamers doesn't like this cartoonist style.

Well don't show pics.Anyway not everyone is going to love this game.There will be them people that just don't get it,or for some reason just don't like the game.People have there likes and dis likes  ;).
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

Offline Jerricho

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 02:44:35 am »
I had been discussing the future of games development with a friend and I suggested that it would make more sense to generate environments automatically rather than having desginers create every item in a next gen game. he said it would never work. then 2 months later I found the Gamespy review of Spore and got all excited about it. I sent it to my friend and he finally understood my point and he got all excited then complained that I was getting him interested in a game a year and a half before it was due to be released. So now I've corrupted all my NWN friends and fascinated pretty much anyone who will listen with talk of Spore and it's implications. but I reckon I've convinced 10 other people to actually buy it as soon as it comes out.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 02:52:06 am »
I had been discussing the future of games development with a friend and I suggested that it would make more sense to generate environments automatically rather than having designers create every item in a next gen game. he said it would never work. then 2 months later I found the Gamespy review of Spore and got all excited about it. I sent it to my friend and he finally understood my point and he got all excited then complained that I was getting him interested in a game a year and a half before it was due to be released. So now I've corrupted all my NWN friends and fascinated pretty much anyone who will listen with talk of Spore and it's implications. but I reckon I've convinced 10 other people to actually buy it as soon as it comes out.

:D You know what think this topic should be renamed to:----->have you gotten any people to join the intergalactic armies?  ;D.Or:----->How many people have you gotten to join the horde.I bet most of these people realy wanna take over the galaxy  ;).

Offline Jerricho

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 03:43:17 am »
Why do all my posts get quoted?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 03:47:40 am »
Why do all my posts get quoted?

Offline Jerricho

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 05:47:24 am »
YAY, I'm top of the quoteamid

Offline Afinati

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The power of the universe... in my hands!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 07:16:36 am »
My biology teacher was also very interested in Spore. I have had much success with getting people interested, even people that I doubted would like it.  :)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2006, 07:27:46 pm »
I've told all my Friends and so far only one doesn't like it but he hasn't even seen it, :'(  :-\
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 12:34:04 am »
Its funny, i got so super overexited about this game, the very first time i saw the 30min video and had a total mental-meltdown combined with several brain-orgasms... since then i have try-ed to show this excellent game to many of my friends, some of them know about it already and some of them got very excited and joined the exited community.

i also sent a link to my mothers husband ho normally who'd jump on new-hitec game engines things like this, he is also ranked as one of the worlds greatest fly-sim modelers and also are in to astronomy ... so i tough that he who'd Love Spore! not only to play with an 3d editor, but also implement and try stuff in world, And visit space ... and so on.

but he seems to reject the hole thing also, apparently he thinks every thing looks silly(?), and he is also very sceptically to how things will work... if at all.

to be honest i dint think he get the game... i mean, he refused to explain what he did not liked... just that it was 'silly looking' .. but if he is complaining about how silly those 1-legged-jumping-frog or those other spider-claw creatures are constructed in the video, that is all about players free-will and nothing about the game nor its engine ...
the only thing other than that... i can Imagen is the shape of the planets, but this is not much one can do about it, sense the alternative who'd be ether VERY LARGE planets, or very plain and booring planates if done in the right scale. (meaning No mountens whatsoever unless of course thy get all magical faded in on zoom)

well, anyway... i don't have any doubt in my mind that this game is going to change the way we look at games and game development. my only dislike is that i found this game when their is several month left(if no delays popups) until release, and i now spend every awaken time in my life thinking on this lovely game is going to be! :P

/WushuKid

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 07:31:29 am »
weired anyone thats into bio or astronmy they seem to like it (u see the link here)

and i recruited 3 ppl but one of them are crazy for the game he comes up to me every day and in a exicted mannar asks me if theres a new vid its sad seening the happy go away from his face

and yea i was mad also when i first heard of the game and i found out its out in fall 06 now every day im serious all i can think of spore
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline Dreyfuss

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Nezumi
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 08:40:52 am »

If I may be so blunt, that's bs.  I will bet money I have more play time logged on my comp than 90% of this forum and I LOVE the cartoony style.  A true gamer knows graphics don't make a game.

I also got quite a few people interested, but only the ones I knew would be patient enough to watch the whole video.

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 09:04:26 am »
Have you tried to get people interested in Spore? If so, how did that fare?

I made a post on a forum dedicated to the popular web-cartoon Homestar Runner, and I got some more people into it.
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3