Poll

You think The game name should stay as Spore?Or should it be something like>SimSpore?

Yes keep Spore as the game name.
111 (91%)
No change it too a different name
3 (2.5%)
dose it matter?
7 (5.7%)
meh
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: SimSpore?  (Read 14071 times)

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: SimSpore?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2006, 10:39:36 pm »
The "SimSpore" thing was based entirely on the fact that simspore.com was, I believe, registered by EA. Besides, Will Wright has said that he wants to work on something that's not another Sim game.
Meaning: Your fears are mostly baseless. Move along, citizen.
::)
Will Wright, the original.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2006, 10:42:03 pm »
Because otherwise, nobody would have registered that and redirected to a shock site! People are just too nice for that to happen on the internet!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2006, 02:18:08 am »
Well I think its safe to say,we should see the name stay the way it is.101 votes to 10 :D,realy its 101 to 3.And I think Will Wright would of seen this. ;D.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2006, 03:03:53 am »
To put this to rest:

Quote from: Will Wright in an interview with Wired
WN: What do you think about people calling Spore "Sim Everything?"

Wright: That was actually my first choice for a name. I thought I would call it Sim Everything, but we needed a secret name for the project, and our lead artist, Ocean Quigley, said, "How about Spore?"

The more we thought about it, the more we liked it. It just felt right. It works on different levels: You start as a little spore-like thing, but also you're seeding life in the world, and you're spreading it like a spore. Also, the content you're creating, that's very much what Spore is: the compressed representation of something that you send around and which propagates.

Also, not putting "Sim" in front of it was very refreshing to me. It feels like it wants to be breaking out into a completely different thing than what Sim was.

-Understated elegance.