Author Topic: Jarhead!  (Read 5648 times)

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Jarhead!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 12:39:41 pm »
I finally watched it last night - I wasn't sure what to expect, but it exceeded my lack of expectations.  To say it's really anti-war is wrong I think.  It seems to take kind of a neutral stance on things, though it somewhat disgusted me to see the bloodlust some of the marines exhibited and their emotional breakdown at not getting to kill anybody.  It doesn't seem to hold in high regard the faithfulness of women, that's for sure ;)

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
  • The "I'm Not a ____, but..." King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 12:27:55 pm »
Sorry to be immature but I have a story about that masturbation scene. SPOILERS

Okay, so I ws at a friends house with a bunch of co-workers and we pop in Jarhead and start watching it. One of my friends wives is very very very emotional and was about to cry during the whole movie. Well the masturbation scene comes up and she says, "Oh look, he's crying! Poor guy!" to which her husband replied," Ugh baby, he's not crying."

LOL, it was the most hilarious situation as she realized what he was doing.

I guess you had to be there.
This space for sale.

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 09:04:26 am »
sounds like a very interesting movie, i have not seen it yet but want to.
Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 10:52:03 pm »
Sorry to be immature but I have a story about that masturbation scene. SPOILERS

Okay, so I ws at a friends house with a bunch of co-workers and we pop in Jarhead and start watching it. One of my friends wives is very very very emotional and was about to cry during the whole movie. Well the masturbation scene comes up and she says, "Oh look, he's crying! Poor guy!" to which her husband replied," Ugh baby, he's not crying."

LOL, it was the most hilarious situation as she realized what he was doing.

I guess you had to be there.

Well, he was crying... whilst he did it.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 07:30:14 am »
Yeah, he was trying to beat off to his girlfriend, but he was also wondering about her fidelity. So he started out good, then he started crying.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 07:08:32 am »
This is unrelated, but why does everyone always say "and all the people in the theater/all of my buddies agreed that it sucked"? I have never seen anyone say "I hated it and all of my buddies loved it". It's weird that everyone agrees with you on this issue.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 09:46:08 pm »
This is unrelated, but why does everyone always say "and all the people in the theater/all of my buddies agreed that it sucked"? I have never seen anyone say "I hated it and all of my buddies loved it". It's weird that everyone agrees with you on this issue.

Well obviously everybody that saw the movie with me think differently than y'all, and they don't like depressing discusting boring  boring movies when they are out for a good time.