Author Topic: Working on a FanFic, in need of a little bit of help  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
Working on a FanFic, in need of a little bit of help
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:14:36 am »
I was not sure where to post this, I do hope it is okay here.

I'm working on a fan fiction, and I've run into a proverbial brick wall. I'll go ahead and cut to the chase, because I'm sleepy, and not in the verbose mood. I need someone to help me flesh out some details. Particularly, the biological details; the primitive stages of evolution, cell structure, genetics, stuff like that. In essence, how my creatures came to be the way they are. I like to think I'm an intellectual jack of all trades, my pitfall however, has always been biology. The stuff is Greek to me. I intend to deliver the story in a rather unique way, one I've yet to see used in Spore fan-fiction (and one that should make for very entertaining, digestable installments).  I've already got some of it hammered out, which someone else could use as reference to help me create detail and write a fitting beginning. Because of the style I'm using, it is absolutely essential that these details exist, and as much as I don't like admitting it, I do not believe I can work them all out on my own.

I am rather confident this will be a worthwhile endeavor, my writings usually are, so I would hope there is someone knowledgeable out there who would be willing to lend a hand. Credit would obviously be given to you. Perhaps another person could even do some of the writing, and it could become a collaborative effort. Given the method of delivery, that may well be ideal. I'd like to keep things tight-lipped for now, but if you're interested, please PM me, or reply here and I'll get in touch with you. Additionally, I would be happy to provide samples of my work upon request, though admittedly, I do not have a lot of experience with this type of writing (though the spin I am putting on it, will place it right up my alley).

So then, I think that's all she wrote. My works are refined, and professional. I am looking to work with someone who is equally as productive.  If someone can help me come up with the biology stuff (how telling of my ignorance on the subject, when I cannot even think of a proper way to refer to it), I would be so gratified. And as an aside, if somebody wants to do some drawings (futher making this a collaborative effort), that'd dandy as well.

Thanks,
 --K

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Working on a FanFic, in need of a little bit of help
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:21:07 am »
*sends PM*

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:23:09 am »
Just make up some words and things :P. It's fiction, I wouldn't mind you extraquebelarining the polarprixia of the atomnrectorals. :D ;)

Hey startrek does it, so why don't you? Btw, wikipedia sometimes has some nice words. Or thesaurus.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 03:25:06 am by MadGiraffe »

Personal art galleries:

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »
Cute words ;)

I'm more of a technical writer. I am minoring in nonfiction writing (major is more broadbased, English), so making stuff up isn't always easy for me. I can usually manage, because I know enough about anything to make it sound reasonable, but this is one subject where I would completely fail at writing something that sounded even remotely coherent, even in a fictitious context.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:46:31 pm »
Be sure to post some bits here!

Personal art galleries:

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:03:29 pm »
Oh, I will. Along with my rambles, that'll find their place in the Everything Else forum. This is undoubtably something you should fear. The word-per-post ratio for this entire forum will spike significantly with each one, as will your resolve to resist opening threads started by me.