Author Topic: Mokan - My Creature  (Read 3716 times)

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Mokan - My Creature
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:38:13 pm »
DELETE This POST!

Well I tried to draw what I was looking for but it just turned out... bad. So heres a description of my guy

The Mokan are a species who looks very monkeyish. They have four arms that are spaced around his torso with two coming out of the shoulders as normal and two more down toward his lower rib/abs area. He also has two lower legs that come out of his lower body (like Sebulba from Star Wars I) and are usually folded, they are short and light. His four arms are connected (on both sides, left and right) with a thin layer of skin which he uses to glide around. Also there are five fingers on each hand. (Just like a monkey)
The Mokans are tallest at 4 feet tall, and they have a very long thick tail at 4 feet as well. Their skin color is a navy blue leathery skin all over with a small tuff of hair at the end of the tail.
They live in the trees in round huts that are held up by the viney forest around them. They use their arms and tail to swing from tree to tree to meet neighbors and use their feet very seldom.
They attack from the air, gliding to their prey using their claws as their main weapon, but also using the tail to hold things down. If they are in danger they use all their arms and legs to run away on all 6, wrapping the tail around their body to move smoother.

Any yeah I think thats about it for now. I'll probably put more up on how they live later. I really wish I could draw the guy, maybe else will be able to get what I was going for.

(Editted some things that I think would be better for him.)

So what do you guys think? Think I should change a few things around? I'm kinda rethinking his legs, but I do like them there. I really didn't want an animal that was so Earthlike but I was having a hard time thinking of anything else at this time. eh.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 11:49:07 am by KroBua »

Ug, I got a stupid pink unicorn, hope next is better.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
Re: Mokan - My Creature
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:10:09 pm »
Remins me of the monkeys from wizard of Oz.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:16:10 pm »
Really?  Those monkeys had hair and actually wings, mine have leather skin and just a thin piece of skin to make them glide.  Well I guess I'm just happy there is a reply, maybe I should just forget this guy and make an orginal piece of work.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:00:36 am »
Reminds me of Dougal Dixon's "Flunkey" from the book "After Man"

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 12:02:08 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 08:41:35 pm »
Didn't he say his had 6 arms? Its hard to tell from what he wrote  :-\
Will Wright, the original.

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 09:38:21 pm »
I guess I was very unclear, maybe I should redo it.  But really I was just trying to let this post die away.  I don't like how... I don't know similar I guess to a normal animal it is.  I'll probably just not make him (although I do like my six arm idea)

So if anyone reads this... just let it die away, I'll come up with something better soon.  (I think I just wanted to jump on the My Creature wagon without really thinking out what I wanted.)