Author Topic: Will Wright Himself  (Read 5496 times)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Will Wright Himself
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:34:44 pm »
Well, it is now official that the man who has made this forum possible has indeed come into this forum, and is in fact being kind enough to answer some simple questions about Spore for several people who have emailed him. Now in hopes to do as Mr. Wright said, make his email a little less full, I would like to organize questions(few) to ask him. Now seeing as it was Mason11987 who had Will visit his thread, I feel that he should be the one to ask the questions himself. Just a thought to help get some extra tid bits about this God-like game.

So, please put questions here to help organize them, and maybe and hopefully get them answered.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:03:32 pm by xnodas »

"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Will Wirght Himself
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:35:30 pm »
I knew this would happen...

Look, I'll email Steve next week (from the office, I'm at home now and don't have VPN on this machine) and confirm that this is indeed me.

I actually do read these forums quite a bit. There's great stuff here, you all would be surprised how much our dev team follows this forum, but as you can imagine I just don't have the time to answer the millions of questions that come up. Bessides my PR people would go crazy if I did, they do all this negotiating with magazines about new info, etc... well anyway it gets very complicated.

-Will

Got the email from the main man himself. It's the real deal, this is Will Wright.

Try not to spam him with too many PMs and emails please. ;D

Will Planet Moving be in the original game, or even an expansion?

*Ahem* Fix the title. ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:40:06 pm »
Well since i already had mine answered i will not ask for one, however i will repost what i asked and what Will replied.

Question

Will, if you do watch the forum, what do you (or your team) think of all the crazy fanart creatures that people (including myself) have made? They have been up for a long time so i am hoping somone saw someones. *crosses fingers*

Answer
Hydro,

As a matter of fact I just watched the video you worked on. Really cool. Reminds me of a Carl Sagan video on human evolution. Like I said I follow this stuff much closer than most would think. There's just so much of it that if I start posting like this I don't have enough time to see it all.

-Will
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 11:15:00 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:41:09 am »
Will Wirght Himself
You spelled his name wrong!!
And there is a topic about this already: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2701.0

-Understated elegance.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:41:49 am »
I think we should have an organized email sent to him.

On a side note the fanatics r starting to scare me :o
Will Wright, the original.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27:58 am »
The only people who are scarring me are the people who want to ask him all kind of questions, while he is very busy.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 07:40:54 am »
The only people who are scarring me are the people who want to ask him all kind of questions, while he is very busy.

Quote from:  Will Wright
I used to get maybe 2 or 3 questions a day about Spore from random people (which I enjoyed answering between meetings).

He enjoys it, but we just need to tone it down a lot, that's all. And how do you know how busy he actually is? (percentual, whatever)

Personal art galleries:

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Will Wright Himself
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 12:59:32 pm »
Alright, how about we just ask questions here? Nobody tries to answer them, nobody does anything but post their questions to Will Wright. If, for some reason, you want to answer the question, send it in a PM to that person please. And when they get the answer to that question, they can delete their post, or they can leave it up for whatever reason. Deal?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 01:12:31 pm »
Awsome! A renounded game dev like WILL WRITE, in our fourms... how far have we growned!
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 01:15:32 pm »
Sounds like a good idea. Of course I emailed Him yesterday. :-[ I assumed by now things would have died down. Judging by the giant spike in our members and guests, I see my logic was flawed. Sorry Will. :-[ All may Go ahead and PWN with Fishystick JPGs and other such things If you must. :(
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 01:21:51 pm »
my question:

could some of the creatures (from this board) be shown in the next demo (like in the background and stuff) if there will be a new demo/video/screenshots/whatever anytime in the near future?
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 02:43:57 pm »
my question:

could some of the creatures (from this board) be shown in the next demo (like in the background and stuff) if there will be a new demo/video/screenshots/whatever anytime in the near future?

Or even in the slide show :D

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 03:01:17 pm »
Ok Will lets talk man to man. This has been knawing at my brain, and if this has already been discused please don't shoot me down, but i want to know that is there a way you could choose or determin what kind of climate your starting planet will have. Like desert, or swamp, or permaforst ect.
Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 03:03:48 pm »
I'd like to know what's being done about eliminating rogue creations.  Will there be a blessed scroll of genocide available from the start?
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »
Please can you post this in the other topic? it's hard to keep track of all the questions this way.
Thanks.

-Understated elegance.