Author Topic: The Emory or Hexclathorin -- My Creature  (Read 5935 times)

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
The Emory or Hexclathorin -- My Creature
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:56:49 pm »
Ok so I'm not really sure what to call them, I am thinking that their specific scientific name will be Hexclathorin but I can't think of any good specfic names.

Here we see the Hexclathorin male face off with a potential threat as his mate retreats into the mountains with the newborn.

[/URL]

The pair have been running for days without much end, sleeping some during the day and running to try and keep ahead of their predator. The male in this picture is older, as his hair folics are much thicker and as he has more folded skin, approximately eighty-seven years which is around fifty in human terms. Note how he tries to make an aggresive stance.

I think this might be the guy for the game, I'm really happy with how he turned out hehe 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coris Solar System, their planet is Emaria and their common name is Emory (plural).

I'll post more updates soon. I had to start a topic because I have so many ideas for this race. Of course inspired by the Kazea and the Nauceans (sp)?

EDIT: Sorry the solar system is so hard to read, can't really fix that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 04:59:46 pm by Greg16 »

Will Wright, the original.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: The Emory or Hexclathorin -- My Creature
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 07:07:28 pm »
Ok heres another picture, this is a bit farther down the road.

At this point in time their demeanor has changed quite a bit, they are not as aggresive as they used to be and only choose conflict when no other option is available. Their brains are extremely complex now, however they are not fully sentient. They can express feeling and emotion even if they do not have a specific name for it. In this specific picture the female (left) expresses her affection toward her mate on the right. The male (right) then smiles. Also in this picture you'll notice a small "nest" if you will. It is constructed of small rocks and stones, as well as sticks and leaves. The planet they r on is very arrid and hot so they tend to make their homes in the mountains near water sources if possible, notice the small trickling of water on the right.

I'm gonna work on religion next, not sure how to go about that. Anyway.. there you are  ;D

EDIT: Excuse my poor art skills
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:19:14 pm by Greg16 »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:11:19 pm »
your art skills arent too bad, its the style that separates your art from other ppls art :)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:55:41 am »
Very nice creature!

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:24 am »
i like its pointy head..:)
and i like the solar system you created, very cool
Under construction

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 02:30:17 am »
Ok so religion is getting to be a bit hard to put together so I have more on the solar system.

Coris or "Emerald" System

Coris: The system's sun. Coris is approximately two times as big as Earth's sun and ten percent cooler.

Kil: This is the first planet from Coris and the hottest. the surface temperature reaches aproximately 2200 degrees celcius daily, at night the temperature drops to approximately 145 degrees celcius. It's geology is very smooth yet eratic at the same time. You won't find any stray rocks on the surface and geological activity such as earthquakes happen very frequently. There is no atmosphere on Kil at all. Intrestingly enough, the planet has a cellulide silicon core.

Emaria: This is the homeworld of the Emory and the only habitable planet in the Coris System. It is second from the sun and is rather arrid and hot. The surface temperature around mid-day can reach almost 125 degrees fahrenheit at the equator. The rest of the planet has a temperature range between 85 degrees fahrenheit and 90 degrees fahrenheit. At night the temperature is relatively cool at around 65 degrees fahrenheit. A full rotation takes about 64 hours. There is only 1 ocean which is about half the size of the pacific. Geologic activity varies from time to time but volcanoes and earthquakes are rather rare. The atmosphere is composed of moderate traces of methane, radon, Nitrogen with a huge proportion of oxygen, dominant trace gases include Neon, Aragon, and Iodine.

Syria: Syria is the third planet from Coris and probably the most turbulent with constant sulphuric storms. The atmospheric winds can reach a speed of up to 575 miles while sulphuric acid rains down in large quantities. Syria has a large amonia/sulphur/neon atmosphere which is moderately thick. It also has several oceans made up of entirely of sulphuric acid. The temperature is -98 degrees celcius in the daytime, while at night it drops to -273 degrees celcius.

Cryssal: Gas giant. This planet is very cold with a median temperature of -456 degrees celcius. The planet is composed of mainly hydrogen with a high quantity of other elements that were not regonizeable in the Cailey mission of 3151. Cryssal does not rotate so each side of it has a different environment, the temperature difference is about half for either side, with the side facing away from Coris being the coldest. Cryssal is the largest planet in the Coris System.

Ris: The fifth and final planet from Coris. Ris is extremely cold with a surface temperature of -1145 degrees celcius. It is entirely made up of ice, just like it's hard core. Ris has no atmosphere as it would be unable to sustain it.

The ouside of the Coris system is littered with chunks of ice that revolve around the Corisian sun. The perimeter of the ice rings is unknown.

Emarian Plantlife

The plantlife on Emaria is limited but extremely varied. Here are some species of around 200 that exist on Emaria.

-Coril; Coril is a leaflike plant with thick vascular roots. It usually grows around stagnate water sources or small streams. The plant can not survive in high heat so it usually develops in cool or shady places such as a hillside or a cave. Coril is very resilent to it's environment, for example; in addition to it's leaves ability to convert sunlight into energy the plant can also use it's leaves to release a crude cousin of carbon monoxide to asphyxiate any animals who may attempt to eat or harm it. It can also survive in areas with no sunlight what-so-ever. In addition to all of that it also has thorns.

-Livin: This is a plant with sharp thorns that are also vesicles for sucking up ground water. It's dark purplish color also makes it easy for it to absorb the sun's energy. Much like the way an Earth plant grows toward the sun, this plant has this ability to move toward areas of dense water, this means that Livin can be found in rediculously huge quantities near oceans, rivers, and streams.

-Ril Cee (with Cee meaning tree): Ril Cee is a tree with very narrow skinny roots and a large bulbous mid section. The bark of the tree is extremely hard and tough with huge amounts of water which is stored during the night while the tree "hibernates" so to speak, while using as little energy as possible. The thick leaves do not absorb any sunlight for energy, insted they help the tree survive by shading it from the intense heat of the Emarian day.

-Sepsis: This is a plant that grows in or around oasis' and marshlands. It has a simple yet adequete root system for it's small size. The plant is approximately 1/2 a meter in height with around three-four leaves, five sided Sepsis are EXTREMELY rare, only one has ever been catalouged. The sepsis grows small spores on the end of it's stems which then drop off and float away where they manifest and form new plants. Sepsis is very poisonous and is very common, it is widely used as a poison, in controlled amounts it can heal wounds on the surface and even fuse together platlettes on small wounds.

-Sporine: This plant grows on the surface of water and grows easily. It only has three root-like vesicles. The original plant usually only lives after the third generation. The top of it absorbs sunlight while the unusual looking suction roots absorb water and small aquatic life, such as what you might call plankton and insects, these are then converted into energy that the Sporine uses. When the sporine has enough energy, one of the funnel-like roots detaches and grows into a new plant. The original plant does not grow back the root and, as said, dies by the time the third generation rolls around because it uses up all it's roots.

(Again please excuse my pathetic art lol)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:32:45 am by Greg16 »

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 02:34:03 am »
i like its pointy head..:)
and i like the solar system you created, very cool

It actually uses that like a spear sort of. When it attacks it leans over and charges horizontally  ::)

Thats actually my fault, cause you wouldn't know from looking at my creature, I've sort of drawn it looking like those two arms are legs when in fact their arms lol.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 03:33:00 am by Greg16 »

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 04:59:37 pm »
Nice use of Microsoft paint!
Represent!
*makes MS paint gang sign*
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:56 am »
Hey, I like this. I normally don't like MS paint drawing, but this has something...over it. I dunno, it must be the colours. If you can develop this style in something refined you surely got something special.

Personal art galleries:

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:25:43 am »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 02:39:15 pm »
Greg don't forget to post these on Spore Planet. I want to make sure everyone who has posted on these and other forums is represented on my Spore Art Gallery Website.

Spore Planet
http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 12:33:13 am »
Done. You can see it on Spore Planet hehe.

It didnt work. And it wouldn't allow me to add thumbnails I kept getting an Error. MSG me to respond I don't wanna hijack my own thread lol.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 12:45:26 am by Greg16 »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 01:50:18 am »
Done. You can see it on Spore Planet hehe.

It didnt work. And it wouldn't allow me to add thumbnails I kept getting an Error. MSG me to respond I don't wanna hijack my own thread lol.

Hmm what did you do ?

It should do it auntomaticlly unless you unclicked it or somthing. A screenshot would be good.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 02:08:45 am »
It just said there was an error on line (random number) and it said this for every single picture. I am so baffled.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 02:25:39 am »
It just said there was an error on line (random number) and it said this for every single picture. I am so baffled.

Thumbnails

Gallery can create thumbnails at upload time, or create them the first time you want to see the thumbnail itself. Either way, it will create the thumbnail once and save it, but if you create them at upload time it makes viewing albums for the first time go faster at the expense of a longer upload time.

v Create thumbnails now

You made sure this was checked when putting in your picture?

In the meantime i am sending this to my web host who made the gallery to see what is up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 02:29:36 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 02:30:29 am »
I did just that and thats when I got my error.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 12:26:56 pm »
Ok my Web guy says...