Author Topic: Stay Alive  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Winnuting

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Stay Alive
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 06:18:07 pm »

This reminds of something similar. An anime named .Hack//Sign.  Long story short a kid gets permanently trapped in an MMO.  I have a friend who was actually so un-nerved by this idea that he quit playing games for quite some time. Not because he was literally scared of being trapped in a game. But the symbolism of playing a game so much you waste your youth playing while there are countless other things you can do as well. And by time you realize this you might be to old to enjoy them.

I'm trapped in a game! how did the kid in the anime get out? BTW i'm not saying I want to get out, I have lots of gold and many friends and rare items. In the real world... I guess I'm locked up somewhere in  white jacket and a padded room. :o :o :o

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 05:22:17 am »

This reminds of something similar. An anime named .Hack//Sign.  Long story short a kid gets permanently trapped in an MMO.  I have a friend who was actually so un-nerved by this idea that he quit playing games for quite some time. Not because he was literally scared of being trapped in a game. But the symbolism of playing a game so much you waste your youth playing while there are countless other things you can do as well. And by time you realize this you might be to old to enjoy them.
I'm trapped in a game! how did the kid in the anime get out? BTW i'm not saying I want to get out, I have lots of gold and many friends and rare items. In the real world... I guess I'm locked up somewhere in  white jacket and a padded room. :o :o :o
That game/show was fantastic! I wish all the games would've came here.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 07:59:11 am »
From the trailers I've seen... I wish they didn't even make this movie. It just makes games/gamers look crappy. I really didn't like what I saw.

But I really have to see the movie first  ;D Better not judge a movie by its trailer... isn't that how the saying goes.

The only Movie from game which is any good I can think of is Res Evil. (The first one - after that I didn't like it much + I FRIGGIN HATE ZOMBIES!)

Has anyone played the new 24 game, based on the show 24? Any good? I'm not going to buy it or anything, Just asking since its anyother game from TV. I couldn't stand the show, I hate how he always does what he wants... Yeah I guess I hate a lot of things  >:(
Even the first resi movie was a load of crap. I scare easily and even I spent most of that movie laughing, pointing out plot errors and accurately predicting what the next plot twist or shock moment was going to be.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 08:04:14 am »
From the trailers I've seen... I wish they didn't even make this movie. It just makes games/gamers look crappy. I really didn't like what I saw.

But I really have to see the movie first  ;D Better not judge a movie by its trailer... isn't that how the saying goes.

The only Movie from game which is any good I can think of is Res Evil. (The first one - after that I didn't like it much + I FRIGGIN HATE ZOMBIES!)

Has anyone played the new 24 game, based on the show 24? Any good? I'm not going to buy it or anything, Just asking since its anyother game from TV. I couldn't stand the show, I hate how he always does what he wants... Yeah I guess I hate a lot of things  >:(
Even the first resi movie was a load of crap. I scare easily and even I spent most of that movie laughing, pointing out plot errors and accurately predicting what the next plot twist or shock moment was going to be.
I agree, I was very very very dissapointed with the Resident Evil movies. They even tried to have a shoutout to gamers by having the first movie end the way the second game begins (in the street with the shotgun), oh and Nemesis...whatever. I was dissapointed. I mean they were in a sewer for a while in the first one and there was no giant spiders! ...anyway.

Someday they are going to do an amazing movie adaptation of a game. I'm hoping for a Knights of the Old Republic movie or trilogy. Halo might be really good, I have a lot of faith in Peter Jackson. FF IX would make a good CG movie. Diablo would be amazing! Starcraft would be too much like Starship Troopers, but could be good. Warcraft might work, but people would associate it with Lord of the Rings.

Someday there will be a good adaptation.

Offline Leetard

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 10:35:37 pm »
I changed my mind, the newest commercials look pretty good. The monsters actually look pretty scary at parts. I will probably see it based upon the glimpses I saw of parts.

If I were to choose a game to be turned into a movie it would be Diablo, hands down. Given some good funding, and given they keep the story in line with the games, it would be completely do-able in my eyes. They would definately need to do it with 2 main characters, much like The LOTR trilogy did, splitting back and forth between different sequences for each of the characters. Then, when it comes close to the end, have them meet in dramatic fashion, joining up to take down Meph/Baal/Diablo. It would be just 2 characters, or maybe 2 pair, to try and cover some of the classes. Like maybe Amazon/Barb and Paladin/Sorcerer.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 02:28:17 pm »
In the trailer, they use the same stupid scream every thirty seconds.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »
It sounds pretty stupid. Couldnt they just bare to turn off the console or not just play? This is the kinda movie that gives us, gamers, a bad reputation.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »
This sounds like a rip off of the ring, but in a different medium.

Today I herd an Ad on the radio for this. No wonder no one is going to the theaters. With this and snakes on a plane, why would I want to go to the theaters

PS. what do you think the ESRB would rate this?

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 12:36:58 pm »
Are you sure Snakes on a plane isn't a comedy that's been billing itself as a Action/Horror/Thriller until people actually get word it's a comedy? It's got Kenan Thompson in it. And It's called Snakes on a plate.

They're Calling it "Snakes on a plane"! For crying out loud.  :o

For all we know it could be like "Airplane" in which there were a lot of Ussually dramatic actors making the switch to comedy (Leslie Neilson, Robert Stack, etc...)

Well, I do know what movie to see if I ever want to watch a plane with snakes on it.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:53:20 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:42:06 am »
How come I never got wind of this snakes on a plane fad? Now its practically over :'(

We missed out on all the fun.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 05:12:32 am »
Are you sure Snakes on a plane isn't a comedy that's been billing itself as a Action/Horror/Thriller until people actually get word it's a comedy? It's got Kenan Thompson in it. And It's called Snakes on a plate.

They're Calling it "Snakes on a plane"! For crying out loud.  :o

For all we know it could be like "Airplane" in which there were a lot of Ussually dramatic actors making the switch to comedy (Leslie Neilson, Robert Stack, etc...)

It is a comedy. It's got Kenan (from Kenan & Kel and SNL) and Samuel L. Jackson, and terrorists drop a bunch of snakes on this plane to take it over. It's seriously a comedy, the clips shown from the movie were brightly colored, unlike action/horror.

Yeah I read about this in WIRED a few months ago.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 01:33:44 pm »
How come I never got wind of this snakes on a plane fad? Now its practically over :'(

We missed out on all the fun.

It's not out yet, We still have time!
Make some jokes people! Make some jokes! Before it's too late!
 :D
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master