Author Topic: My race, the Yansa  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Handren

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
My race, the Yansa
« on: March 05, 2006, 10:14:50 pm »
Since I suck at drawing, I`m going to have to describe it. (that god for the creature editor in the real game)

Height: 4-5 ft. tall when horizontal, but can be 6 if standing upright. (not counting tail end)

Appearance: Vaguely raptorlike with muscular legs, an a tail which splits at the end to form two 3ft. long Whips that have a multitude of purposes. They can be used for cleaning, combat, or communication, but evolved out of a powerful tail fin. When the creature came onto land, the muscle movement that was used for swimming became a powerful defensive tool for the creature.

The legs, which also evolved out of fins, are ended with 3-toed blunt claws which are ridged at the bottom giving them the ability to climb trees. They are muscular and have knee and ankle joints.

The arms and hands are realtively small and weak compared to the rest of the creature, but are nonetheless important and do not look undersized. ending in four short, stubby fingers, the hands are used mainly for grasping obects too large for the tail.

the head is long and slender, with a reptilian snout.  Its teeth befit its occupation as an omnivore, and it's eyes are well developed. The reason for their great eyesight is to accurately see what their tail is doing, even though it is long enough to whip in front of the Yansa. As a result, each eye can see almost 180 degrees, even though they are small and protected by small horns around their eyelids.

Perhaps, the most distinguishing feature of the Yansa, however, is it's switchblade horn on the head. controlled by a strong muscle near the snout, and usually lying in a groove between the eyes, the 1ft. long horn can spring forward when threatened or scared. Ridged with a sharp edge on the outside, it is used for both hunting and marking territory.

Demeanor: The Yansa are opportunistic feeders. When they see something that piques their intrest, they approach it. If they are hungry and a familiar food source is not available, they will try it. They are also dedicated parents. A Yansa will watch over its young and ensure its survival until it has found a mate of its own, when the child drives the parents off and the cycle begins again.

History:

Prehistory:
Using their tails and horn, the yansa begin to craft tools for their hands, which are more accurate and safer than using their horn to hunt prey or cut plants. Those who make new tools are given positions of great respect within a tribe. The Yansa word for inventor is ayk'rana or "All-child" a name given as both a symbol of their inquisitive demeanor and how beloved they were by the entire tribe.

One particular tribe, the Ayk'rasun became prolific in inventing and developed weapons and art that were too good for other tribes not to look into. While this led to brotherhood between several tribes that merged to form the first true Yansa civilization, the oligarchy of AyaRisa, it also led to resentment of other tribes, who were jealous of their creative ability.

The rise of AyaRisa:

As technology for hunting was outpaced by farming technology, which allowed cities to take ground, and feed more Yansa, weapons gradually grew out of style. Food production was maintained, and most creativity was put into art, games and stories.

To most Yansa, AyaRisa and its subsidaries were a utopia. However, the fragility of their country would soon be revealed. Because their government was run by the greatest or most popular inventors, progress in terms of weaponry all but halted.

From another continent where food was scarce and prey was plentiful, a much fiercer culture of Yansa grew.  These Yansa were larger and fiercer than their cousins from across the ocean, whom they had long since been separated.

Their culture retained the basic Yansa code of creativity being revered, but on different level. those who could forge the strongest weapons, and the best fighting styles, were the undisputed rulers.

every tribe on their continent had been either slaughtered or assimilated by slavery into their ranks. Their Monarch was always the strongest, and his strength is unchallenged.

they were called the Makkoru, meaning "Moon Hunters" and their king the Makkoryu "Strongest moon hunter". Because of their thirst for battle, thy longed to exand their territory, and built fr stronger and more advanced ships than the AyaRisa. It would only be a matter of time...

To be continued when it isn`t 1:15 AM.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: My race, the Yansa
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:59 pm »
ooh they sound very cool if I do say so myself
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 01:19:37 pm »
Hey, I read about these species already on SporeWiki, nice job!

Personal art galleries:

Offline Handren

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »
Eh? That's odd. I never submitted it to spore wiki..

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »
Weird, I can assure you I've seen this creature before...

Personal art galleries:

Offline Handren

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 03:19:18 pm »
I`m telling you, I didn`t submit it. I also never saw any other two tailed blunt toed horned raptors there either..

Continuation:

The great Invasion:

345 to 350 (Year zero was the founding of the capitol of AyaRisa)

Makkoru ships first appeared on the shores of the AyaRisa continent in the winter of the year 345. Aas they had done with all the other tribes on their continent who did not join them, they ravaged the shore villages and tore off the horns of those who did not surrender asy symbols of victory.

Later that year, several wagons ful of Yansa Horns were deposited at the gate of the capitol, and brought to the high council. They came with a demand that if the AyaRisan Yansa did not submit to the rule  of the Makkoryu,  this would be the fate of all their people.

Of course, they refused, but it was a near futile effort. Their milliraty and strategic technology was almost a century behind that of Makkoru, and one by one their cities fell. In a last ditch effort, the AyaRisans built several huge ships called Dorumeja (cradle of the future), and put whatever lucky yansa that could get on on a boat trip into the western ocean.

Those who stayed either were killed, enslaved, or, if they were clever, strong or lucky enough, formed small pckets of resistance hidden in the mountainous north, which was always too cold or treacherous before to be colonized.

Those who escaped into the ocean found an archipeligo of atolls and islands shrouded in mist, perfect cover for hiding from the Makkoru. These AyaRisa now approached life with cautious optimism, but with a newfound fervor to recapture their homeland.

Eye of the Hurricane:

350-442(AyaRisa)
230-322(Makkoru)

Sticking to their ways, and having several watches for Makkoru ships, their technology would advance by leaps and bounds in a few years. By making games based on strategy and playful combat, children were taught at an early age to think in preparation to retake the homeland. Several Makkoru patrol ships were captured and their armor stolen.  These would prove vital in the upcoming war.

primitive submarines were developed, and underwater travel was the safest and most common form for the Yansa in hiding. Explosives and sneak attacks were their Modus operandi.

Meanwhile, Makkoru, now on their 5th Makkoryu, had fully commanded the AyaRisan country and renamed it NiaKoru, meaning "New Moon". Their technology continued to develop, and it had not gone unnoticed that ocean patrol ships were going missing..

TBC later

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 10:10:59 am »
...carry on then!!!! Cool creature, very original i like th differnt tribes, most people only descrbe one.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.