Author Topic: Word is spreading...  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Word is spreading...
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:16:27 pm »
Just today, I was checking the newest 8-Bit Theater comic when I noticed that the artist, Brian, had mentioned something about SimEarth. Clicking on his link, I saw that he had provided a link to the Google Video Spore Gameplay segment. Checking the forums, I saw that already, a topic about Spore had sprung up and that it was growing rapidly. So, I decided to check in and name-drop for Steve. http://forum.nuklearpower.com/showthread.php?t=13444

What's the point of all this? It's that the news about Spore is spreading, and big names are starting to take notice. Nuklear Power has quite the following and many people are very interested in Spore. With the word getting out, there should be quite a buzz by the time of E3. However, the beauty is that this buzz will be fan-made. When you have a game that creates this much interest and attention, you know you're doing something right. Slowly but surely, Spore is gonna infect the Internet, spreading the news of it's ambition.

And where will all these new fans go? Here, of course. Steve has the biggest forum in the world dedicated to Spore. His podcast, besides being damned good anyways, included a segment on Spore every week. He also quite possibly knows more about the game than any other person in the world besides the dev team. In other words, this site is gonna become the world's nexus for Spore. This is gonna be big. And we need to be prepared to spread the word too. On other forums, we, the members of Gaming Steve's forums, should help spread the word about this game. The more buzz, the better, in my opinion.

There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Word is spreading...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »
Impressive. They managed to come up with the walking phallus idea only a few posts in. These forums are not uniquely messed up.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 03:33:02 pm »
i've Noticed that there is a flood of new recruits. people are really starting to take interest; I wouldn't be suprised if the site --hits a thousand members soon.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 03:41:51 pm »
Myself, I have been following this place for ages, as well as the progress of spore. Dont count me as a new recruit.

-Understated elegance.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 03:50:56 pm »
but surely you have seen the surge in new people?

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 03:54:11 pm »

I have and i hope these Forums stay uncorrupted.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 03:57:30 pm »
Me too.. i hope that there are no people actually interested in making wangs. Or pokemon Or copying anying ::)

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 04:05:16 pm »
Me too.. i hope that there are no people actually interested in making wangs. Or pokemon Or copying anying ::)

Let's hope that yeah, but sadly that's all we can do....

Quoting posts in that thread there:

"Penis-world all the way!

I just find it sad that by the time I can afford to own a PC that could run this, I'll be dead."

"yeah if you see any anuses walking around on two legs, or you see a race of creatures with gigantic penises they brandish as a weapon, theres a chance it may have come from my computer. Comforting thought huh?  Well, at least after I've made my humanoid-dragon master race."

"Or even more interestingly... See if you could mutate them into someone like Bush or Kerry and have the two attack each other. I'm sure its possible... I just have to figure out how when I get it....!! Or maybe even Condi's race of Big Gapped Monkey/Birds attacking Hillary's race of Ape/Lizards!!!"

*shudders*

Personal art galleries:

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 04:06:33 pm »

I have and i hope these Forums stay uncorrupted.

Unlikely. Unfortunately, big forums generally lose the flare they had when they were smaller. The masses ruin everything. I may well have come late enough to be considered a part of them, though I am generally a bit more productive.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 05:18:31 pm »
word is spearding very quickly   a website that i normally go to to get some laughs has a link to the google video of spore

gprime.net
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 05:50:36 pm »
wonder why they would calle it simearth though, those arn't sims by a long shot , wouldn't that be kinda wrong and confusing marketing ? I think sport is great :P

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 05:54:54 pm »
wonder why they would calle it simearth though, those arn't sims by a long shot , wouldn't that be kinda wrong and confusing marketing ? I think sport is great :P

it was a simulation of earth and it was as good as simulations got in the early 90's, you gotta remember that game is more than 10 years old.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 06:05:09 pm »
The Ctrl-Alt-Del forums have similarly been infiltrated. We must begin proselytizing immediately. Spread Spore in the name of...Will Wright!!!

On a more serious note, who here actually works towards informing others of Spore? Doesn't matter if you just told a friend or if you walk the streets handing out pamphlets.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 06:22:12 pm »
I got my flatmate intrested in it, he is now an avid listener of steves podcasts. And Ive talked about the game with guys from work, who now seem to be looking into it. Havent seen them on here yet though.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 07:05:26 pm »
I think the game is intellectual enough to attract a smarter and more mature crowd. Plus the community here is great already, so it seems like a virtuous circle that would cause future members to act like us.

I got one friend into it, I just annoyed the hell out of all the others. Anybody have any tactics I can use to get people interested, and so I don't start off describing it by saying "Well, you start as one cell, and you eat other cells until you can LAY AN EGG! Then..."

Spore countdowns: USA Europe