Author Topic: The Lermiun - My new creature  (Read 18857 times)

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
The Lermiun - My new creature
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:55:54 am »
Here is a picture of my new creature called the Lermiun (without clothing as yet). I made this totally in photoshop cs, however, i don't have access to a scanner now, so i copied it from my sketch straight to the computer.
As you can see, the Lermiun is a light blue creature, bipedal and tall. I haven't totally thought about all its characteristics, history and information about it yet, but i will eventually do that. They have evolved an unusual mode of locomotion which is characteristic of their low gravity home world, about the size of mars( i will post a picture of the planets system known as the Lerm System later) and their unique flow of evolution over millions of years (i will post a chart later when i get to it).
All pictures posted within my thread by me are my own creations, so please do not copy them without my permission.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 08:04:25 am by Lambsquirter »

Under construction

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: The Lermiun - My new creature
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:00:26 am »
OMG its so scary....

I love it, and I want more :D

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: The Lermiun - My new creature
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 05:03:38 am »
the quality of the picture has been shrunk because of the size restrictions, so its a little blurry for the finer details.
 :-\
Under construction

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 05:09:13 am »
I think it looks very nice! It has some cool features, like the feet being backward, for example.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:23:19 am »
It's something far more different I have seen around here yet. It certainly looks cool.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:25:54 am »
i like the head...very nifty
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 01:45:31 pm »
Very cool. Reminds me of Sebulba or my Psitaccisapians in the way it uses its feet and the backwards hands.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 01:58:20 pm »
Oh My God could you imagine getting PIMP slapped by that, Jesus that this awesome.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 02:03:18 pm »
I can't tell... are the hands oriented differnt wats (palms facing in different directions).
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 09:50:33 pm »
i kinda got the idea of the body plan from the star wars sebulba, but i reckon its a nice configuration for a body plan,..lol

the upright hand is the palm facing to you, the hand on the bottom i think i have the thumb in the wrong place, i have to delete the thumb and put it on the other side of the hand (thanks for pointing that out) :)
the hands are similar to the human hands, however, they only have 4 fingers on each hand
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:10:27 am by Lambsquirter »
Under construction

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 03:14:20 am »
THE LERMIUN

PHYSIOLOGY

The Lermiun is a bipedal and symmetrical land living creature that averages in height of about 9 feet. They have smooth, yet tough skin (similar to earths elephants) which keeps moisture in and allows for perspiration when conditions get too hot. The skin is a blueish colour which counteracts the harmful effects of UV radiation due to the planets thin atmosphere. They have no hair on their bodies. They are warm-blooded.
The head of a Lermiun is large and they have an elongated mouth with a jaw. Their primary sense is their sight and smell, with nostrils set high on top of the head derived from their earlier water based ancestor and eyes set forward similar to a human for stereo-scopic vision.

They have a tympanic membrane on either side of its head for their hearing. The brain of the Lermiun is large and is housed within the skull. They have a long neck which earlier ancestors evolved for looking over the plains and grasses.
Lermiun arms and legs are arranged in a different set up to that of bipedal humans due to the low gravity of the planet and their evolution path. The arms as we will call them are set at the bottom of their bodies, and they are long and nimble. The hands of the Lermiun contain 4 digits each, and are arranged similar to a human hand, but with two opposable thumbs.
The legs as we will call them are used as their method for locomotion on the surface of the ground. Earlier ancestors of the Lermiun lived in the tall trees and their legs (which really are their arms) developed more to be able to swing and glide from tree to tree, with bigger muscles and stronger bones. These legs evolved into a large size and developed a wing like shape to help it glide from tree to tree. Once moving onto the land, since the "arms" were stronger and their bodies light, they adapted to walking using the stronger arms, so they now become their legs, and their "legs" are now their arms used for manipulating things and holding tools, hence the unique layout of the body.
The feet of the Lerm point backwards to support the body weight. The feet are like this because of their earlier water based ancestors from a paddle like design. When they moved onto the land, the body of the lerm was of that similar to earths earlier
amphibious ancestors, however, the front legs had a paddle shaped design, and the back legs didn't with digits. Evolution did not, however, change the shape of the front legs to create digits used for walking. (i hope it makes sense). The feet have horny pads on the bottom, evolved to protect the bottom of the feet from sharp objects. The feet still contain the remnants of skeletal digits, however, they have semi-fused together and have strong cartilage between the digits to make up for the overall shape.
The Lermiun have a remnant tail, which was used in its tree like stage to swing from branch to branch, however, it has atrophied through evolution so they never use it anymore.

NATURAL DEFENSES

The natural defenses of the Lermiun is its ability to run very fast for long periods of time. They can achieve speeds of up to 70 - 80 km/hr, and this natural defense is affective for escaping predators, as some predators on Lerm can also achieve fast speeds. The Lermiun runs using its two legs.

DIET

They are omnivourous and have teeth set up similar to earth's omnivourous creatures, with biting teeth at the front, and chewing teeth at the back. Their diet mainly consists of small terrestrial creatures, small aquatic creatures, fruits, nuts, plant matter and a gel like substance that grows over the water.

ENVIRONMENT

The ideal environment for the Lermiun is within a temperate zone, however, other races of the Lermiun have adapted for different zones and climates.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:29:25 pm by Lambsquirter »
Under construction

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 03:59:50 pm »
Do they get on all fours to run?
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 09:30:45 pm »
i edited the infor to say they only run on two legs...similar to an ostrich.
 :)
Under construction

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 09:52:27 pm »
Do they do any drugs or alcohol? after learning about earth and reading extensively about the early 20 first century what do they thing of gorge bush? .. could you imagine that drunk trying to dance to techno music?

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 10:27:02 pm »
Do they do any drugs or alcohol? after learning about earth and reading extensively about the early 20 first century what do they thing of gorge bush? .. could you imagine that drunk trying to dance to techno music?

what the? are u talking about the Lermiun doing drugs and alcohol?
did u post in the right topic..lol

anyways, i will one day go over the narcotics that the lermiuns use in their modern times..
Under construction