Author Topic: Super Princess Peach  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Re: Super Princess Peach
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 12:02:41 pm »
At least you can't TOUCh Peach in the game!!  Just imange all weird things people would do...OH NEVER MIND :)

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline Mediocreman

• Breakout Battler
  • Will &*#@ing kill you... and your family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 08:19:33 pm »
The idea of having a female character's special powers be her wild mood swings is lovely; it's just so deliciously sexist. How does it use the DS's unique ablities? It seems to be a normal platformer.
Sacre blue! That's right up the rue!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 10:25:53 pm »
The idea of having a female character's special powers be her wild mood swings is lovely; it's just so deliciously sexist. How does it use the DS's unique ablities? It seems to be a normal platformer.

You touch little icons on the bottom screen to "activate" her different moods.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 11:29:22 pm »
Well, she is being affected to some extent by the Vibe Wand thingie, just like Mario and Luigi were, so that might be a suitable, in-game excuse for the game showcasing such a completely sexist point of view. That said, it is a great game and anyone that avoids it for that reason is doing themselves (and their DS) a disservice; if nothing else, it's a nice tide-over till Mario finally arrives.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 09:53:18 am »
I see. This is one of those games that won't come out in Europe for another month.

>:(
Not a winner anymore.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 01:17:23 pm »
it's kinda funny that you have to press her buttons to get her to change moods. It is an interesting way for a game to play, though. They could easily have avoided the whole sexist thing though by not calling them emotions.

Not all women drivers are bad. Just the ones in the minivans and the massive trucks. Of course the kill ratio goes much higher when they are doing their hair, make-up, talking on the cell and drinking a diet drink at the same time. (you gotta see the sarcasm in this....)

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 06:43:14 am »
Based on what I have heard, and my own unbiased selective process (ahem), I have learned that women drivers are not the worst. That award belongs to Greek people. In Greece. One of my professors spends every summer there and he mentioned that the first time he ever was touring Greece, he was sitting in the passenger seat of a car with a Greek friend. As they were driving down the swerving roadway, he noticed that there were multitudes of flowers and ornate markers going down both sides of the road with little if any space between them.

"What are those?" he asked.

The driver shrugged. "Monuments to the dead."

Turns out, each of those small 'monuments' represented someone that was killed on the road and the relative location in which they died. After telling me this story, my professor paused a moment and saw the look on my face. "And they were everywhere," he finished, this strange haunted glint in his eyes.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 10:03:19 am »
Hey, I'm a good driver. No tickets or accidents. I can eat a sandwich, read a book and drive all at the same time. ;) :D

(sarcasm duly noted)

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 10:50:50 am »
hey i just didn't want all the three women on this thread to start flaming me for thinking i hold a view that women should never be able to be behind a motorized vehicle capable of going faster than 10kph:P

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline acidic dot

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 10:37:36 pm »
I was debating wheter to get 2 DS games, Super Princess Peach being on of them, or Ghost Recon A.W.

Ended up going with Ghost Recon but S.P.P. is probably next on my list.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 11:33:40 am »
Yes she has mood swings and it is kinda funny becuase when she is angry she burns

Ah, a game that comes with hot flashes