Author Topic: Possible domestication of animals  (Read 1728 times)

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
Possible domestication of animals
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »
In the video (in high def/ cable speed ) you can see a group of monopods hopping around behind the tribes hut. They are very concentrated and don't seem to be straying away. We know that farming is part of the civ stage, and that the willousaurses eat the monopods- This could definetly be evidence of a form of domestication of animals.

The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Possible domestication of animals
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 02:16:59 pm »
yea, I did see them too, but not sure if that is supposed to represent the food sources that they hunt, it could well be domestication though.

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:49:28 pm »
Given that both carnivorous and herbivorous societies are supposed to be able to exist, there has to be some sort of domestication for the meat-eaters.  Otherwise getting enough food together in one place for a city isn't going to happen.  The devteam has surely already thought of this, and implemented domesticated animals as food for the carnivorous races.
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
I am saying this because of the massive speculation over pets and pit fights, i think they are now possible. Put your conflicting animals together, and they will fight.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Henry

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:39:02 pm »
Imagine in the tribal stages using other animals as mounts? IE: A humanoid riding on a willosourous. It would be hard to do though.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:41:26 pm »
I'm pretty sure the computer can procedurally figure something out because if it procedurally does the walking, then perhaps it can do the riding, only thing is that its going to be different for those that don't have a humanoid form.