Author Topic: A game for when exploring the galaxy get's too boring (if ever)  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Nic

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
I know a lot of what we know is speculation, but I believe that this is possible. The game would have to take place later in the game once you get a genesis device.

What you do is, you make a planet livable using the device. then you and a friend populate the world with two different species. You are allowed to make one minor change each to the species, otherwise they are to be left alone. After a pre determined amount of time, the one with the most population wins.

Though I doubt exploring would get boring, this would be something to do if a friend comes over and you really want to play Spore.  ;)

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
Re: A game for when exploring the galaxy get's too boring (if ever)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:06:39 am »
Sure, that's totally possible if the two of you are sitting 'hot seat' and chatting. I wouldn't expect the game to actually support a mechanism for moderated control or multiplayer modes, though.

-Craig

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 09:56:29 am »
It would be interesting to be able to have multiplayer battles... say, a different type of fight for each period or something. When your creature is living on land you could have some sort of arena-type battle, and when you have cities it would be like an RTS.

Offline TheWicked

• Pong Paddle
  • "It's a devil and it's fun."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 12:16:46 pm »
Somebody's read The Ellimist Chronicles.   ;)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 05:07:37 pm »
Somebody's read The Ellimist Chronicles. ;)

You don't mean me... right?

Offline Stromko

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 06:36:00 pm »
say, a different type of fight for each period or something. When your creature is living on land you could have some sort of arena-type battle, and when you have cities it would be like an RTS.

It seems like a no-brainer that people will want to see how their creatures stack up, so I'd say that some kind of arena seems likely at some point. Probably not in the original but at least one of the inevitable expansions. Maybe someone will even reverse-engineer the creature files and find out how to make an arena program that works separately, if Maxis doesn't do it(of course EA would probably sue anyone who tries to mod the thing).

I would hope that Spore tracks all the various motives for the creatures you're presently interacting with, so if you confine members of two different predatory species in an area with no other food sources, eventually they'd attack eachother. You'd at least be able to tell which species is the strongest, kind of a poorman's arena. It'd be a damn shame not to have a full life simulation when you're watching from the safety of your hovering UFO(edit: I don't mean from orbit, I mean once you've gotten closer and only a dozen or so creatures are on screen. That'd keep the CPU load extremely low I would think).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:37:54 pm by Stromko »

Offline Nic

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 09:37:22 am »
Somebody's read The Ellimist Chronicles.   ;)

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that, it's  one of my favorite books.