Author Topic: My creature  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
My creature
« on: March 03, 2006, 11:49:23 pm »
Ok browsing around it looks like a few people posted their ideas for creatures, and I'm just bored enough to make one up :P

Ok for the most part I think that explains itself. The manipulator things would be hinged at the 'knee" socket. The 'lower' part of the legs, under the 'knee' socket would be a hinged thing that would rotate thus rotating the two feet attached. The upper part of the leg would have a joint. The middle area would have a joint so all legs could move independantly. The 'head' or I guess main sensory area would be above the middle, hopefully with a circlet of eyes. Underneath the middle joint would be the mouth.

If its actually possible to create such a creature ingame I might end up switching it around and putting eyes on or near the manipulators, thats if I remember anything about this guy  :P

Hmm ok its more of a skeleton of what he would look like, but thats all my meger artistic skills can handle, plus I'd like to get some ideas for non-standard creatures out there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:52:41 pm by Tantalus »

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
Re: My creature
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:10:34 am »
Looks okay, but make more sketches, from side view, front view and top view. That'll help to visualise it better.

Personal art galleries:

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »
Yeah... flesh it out more.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 03:50:13 am »
Yeah I'm working on doing a Gif animation for it, but that may take some time because I don't have much.

Heres the stuff I have on it so far

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1329/side3eu.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3253/frame6vl.jpg

I'm not sure what the manipulators will be, tentacles maybe?

It moves by moving each leg segment seperately, other than that the only ball type sockets will be where the manipulator arm and the foot area thing join and on 'handle' part of the tuning fork like foot right above ot divides so that thing can rotate. Hmm thats not very clear, when I get the animation done hopefully that will clear some things up.